Food I bet you'll never eat at another fast-food restaurant...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Reisti Skalchaste, Feb 18, 2006.

1. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

Puke City!

If what you say about the Fryers are true, I'm not laying another finger on them French Fires n' Fried Chickens. That's just SIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiiiicK!! :eek:

2. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

At Safeway, we filter it through a powder whose name I've forgotten, and it does pretty much the same thing. We change our oil once a week, and being as I'm usually the one to do it, I can personally attest to the quality of the job that gets done. :p

As far as fried chicken- we don't make it in the store, it gets delivered frozen. I'll mention that to my boss and see how she reacts though. ;)

3. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Tch, shame on you for trying to spread ill rumors about fast food. Granted it's horrible for you, but not for those reasons stated above.

We've been eating chemical preservatives for quite some time now. Look at anything you buy that's pre-packaged. None of us are strangers to perservatives. Magnasolve is simply another kind made specifically for oil.

As for petrifying roaches, I'm not even sure what you're talking about. They dont serve bugs for meals (they can get an insane lawsuit for doing that). Or are you saying that a roach fell into the powder, OD'd and died? The same powder that's approved by the standards of the FDA? I find that a little difficult to believe.

Meat standards are cr*ppy, there's no denying that. That's why I only eat at Jack in the Box and In-n-Out. They use good quality meat. The rest are a toss up.

~W

4. Reisti Skalchaste

The facts are simple, wert. Regardless of laws or rumour or what have you- fast food stinks. The only reason it's popular is because it's fast and (usually) cheap. It's cheaper and better for you to make it yourself, and, in my opinion, if you're too busy that you can't take 10 minutes out of your day to make yourself something to eat, you need to slow down.

Anyway, even if it's approved by the FDA, that doesn't mean it's not completely disgusting.

PS: Censoring "crappy"? What, are you afraid some 3-year old will stumble on this thread? :p I think we can handle that word without freaking out.

5. Hiro

Hiro Active Member

Im just putting my 2 cents in, but if it werent for bacteria we wouldnt be living or breathing. I say this because most processes in our body uses the aid of bacteria to do what we do. We wouldnt be able to process our food with out them and we wouldnt be able to fight against the simplest of viruses... so its okay if ice cubes have bacteria... and its florida... we have some of the most powerful natural occuring minerals in our water system... but enough said. Laterz

- Hiro

6. Reisti Skalchaste

Only if it's not harmful bacteria, which truthfully isn't specified in the article.

7. Kryshana

Kryshana Dont try to understand me

Well...this reminds me of something...WARNING: MIGHT MAKE YOU PUKE!!! Well, I used to work at McDonalds over the summer and I was really disgusted by how an employee did things. She was basically the cleaning and fry lady there...but she never kept herself clean. As we worked..she'd fart in front of us..pick her nose as she scooped up fries into those little bags, and worst of all...she stands on the toilet seat while she pees...IT' NASTY! Omg...i swear because one time...i had to take a trip to "you-know-where" and I looked up and hands were holding on to the stalls. Then that lady walked out and didn't even wash her hands....very disgusting...made me never want to eat there again.....YUCK!!!

8. Chane

Chane Audience of One

Actually fastfood is rarely cheap. It's much cheaper to buy and prepare your own meal. At least in the three places that I've lived/visited (Pennsylvania, New Jersey and North Carolina).

But I guess what they say is true... what you don't know doesn't hurt you; look at all the people over-reacting.

9. Soitsu

Soitsu Flame Alchemist!

I know somebody who got food poisoning from mcdonalds and went to the hospital...:eek:

10. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Big tip:Never work in a fast food place. Knowing the truth behind all truths is not preety. The fact that the Philosopher's Stone is made from human beings is nicer than the facts that you get from the inside. >>!

Ah well, this isn't enough from stopping me to going to Burger King or something everynow and then.

-Seishin

11. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

hygene on fast foods?

Talking about the people who worked on fast foods that had other co-workers that had terrible hygene problems. It's pretty disgusting if you see them in action, just imagine if that same person is mixing up the engredients and happens to be sweating a lot and droplets of their sweat falls down into what they are doing. Or the nose picking while packing fries, or sneeze in front of the food they are preparing (sseing those tiny droplets of saliva and mucos flying through the air and landing on the burgers) just thinking of it gives me the heebeejeebees (shudders*). If you would lay out the everything in detail, I think you'll end up not eating anything anymore! Because even though they had all those national health authority permits and certificates, we are not sure what exactly happens to these things before they hit our dinner plates. I guess the proverb "what you don't know doesn't hurt you" can be applied, but that doesn't mean you don't have to take precaustions.

1 person likes this.
  12. Reisti Skalchaste

And of course, if you are an employee, the least you can do is hold yourself to a high standard, as well as pointing out flaws like the one Kryshana mentioned. If it were myself in her place, I'd either tell the person themselves, or report to the manager that [so-and-so] hasn't been washing their hands, or that [such-and-such] was picking their nose while preparing fries. Obviously these situations are anomalies based on poor performance on the part of the employee, not representative of the company itself.

At least it's one little thing you can do to make things safer for everyone, right?

13. FireDragon_16

FireDragon_16 A Sionbosys Unit

YOU SNITCH!

ehmm that was a joke ;)
    anyways...wooow....i was also working in a restaurant...in the kitchen...some people can be disgusting...like mentioned above..."they dont wash their hands after going to the toilet"
    damn...but i didnt know thiz was happening in Mac Donalds ? DAMN...im neva gonna eat stuff there..is that sunday chocolate ice-cream okay?...im not sure anymore :(

14. Reisti Skalchaste

When the health and safety of dozens, potentially hundreds of people is put in danger, I'd tell on... crap, I can't think of someone high enough to put in here that I actually have any faith in... I guess Cloud then. :p

Yeah, that'll work. I'd even tell on Cloud if he was doing that kinda gross stuff. :p

15. starz2kill

starz2kill New Member

Ok... thats really disgusting. Well did you know that a McDonalds in Montana made there meat out of human skin and fingers too. I read about that a 60 year old woman found fingernails and skin in her meat on her hamburger. Sientists tested it and they both were from the human body!(EWWW!) it also said, there still investigating which body it came from. I found it on the internet last week. i think all fast food restraunts have a secret or 2 hiding in there kitchens. Do you think so?

1 person likes this.
  16. Lance Leingod

Lance Leingod The White Blade

That's scary to even think about! Creepy...

17. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

oh you wouldn't eat in a restaurant again...

but people are cheap bastards... they're gonna keep going to them

18. cure of saytan

cure of saytan New Member

i live on the island of guernsey and we have no fast-food restraunts and even if we did i wouldnt go 2 them iv gone organic

19. Rai Konoko

Rai Konoko New Member

ROFL
    totally rank hah hah ew, nothing like the taste of well cooked human yum.

20. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Anyone have any ice? My drink is getting warm.

I read a book called "Southern fried rat and other grusome tales." I think that what it was called. It is nonfiction. Very interesting read. Rats in coke bottles, deep fried rats replaced with chicken, and a few I don't want to even name off. One was about how they used to use ground up worms inside the beef patties. Nice lunch btw Ragie. ;)