Recreation I don't like feeling like crap...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yukiko, Sep 21, 2007.

1. Yukiko

Yukiko New Member

I have no clue if there is an advice place(but if there isn't there should be) so I'm just putting this here. I'm sorry if it's in the wrong place.

Anyway...
    I have a friend... well sorta. And she's really awesome and nice and stuff... as long as she's not around other people. I don't know what it is about other people (I think she's trying to show of or something) but she's always really nasty to me. Sense, most of the time, she seems to be my friend, I feel like total crap and get upset when she makes fun of me and stuff. I tried telling her I don't like the way she treats me but she just doesn't get it. I even gave her five reason of times she tried me like crap. And she says she didn't do anything.

My other friends(Who don't really like her) Say I should just ignore her... and I try. But then she's really nice to me and I feel like she's just being an idoit and she really is my friend. I do it ever time and I'm really sick of feeling all shitty after talking to her but I love hanging out with her when she's actually nice....

Help.
    (Sorry if it's confusing.)

2. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Unfortinately its time for you to decide and stick with it.

You like her as a friend and want to be her friend.

But you don't like how she is around you with other people.

Tell her that.

And say Honestily I want to be your friend but you need to treat me better when we are around other people.

She might not know she is maybe the situation where is actually joking with you but to you it seems like its nasty.

I suggest talk. Tell her that.

You really don't need a friend like that. You deserve better as your friend/online buddy. I think so.

Keeping people who respect you and treat you right is far better then people who are just friends.

I have a few buddies but I would do almost anything for and they would do the same for me.

3. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

Loud and obnoxious.
    I used to be quite like that to all my friends.
    Yes, honestly I think she is trying to show off if she's chill around you and not around everyone else.
    Don't let her make you feel like crap.
    I think your awesome and if she has something to say about that she can our arses.

I don't have any close friends any more..Just one best friend who is the person I live with and i'm in love with. {heart} People like that come and go..just as I knew the people that treated me often unkindly would.

Like Basher says, you deserve better.
    I wouldn't consider talking about it to her any more.

4. Hiro

Hiro Active Member

This is the kind of stuff when a Major in Psychology comes in handy!

I agree with Basher on this. From the information you have told us, she seems to want to be friends when you guys are alone but with others she wants to be the ceter of attention, is that correct? Well it is human nature to be number one and it seems that her reaction to this feelign is to boost her own ego and keep yours down. she might subconsiously acknowledge the fact that it hurts you but Consiously she doesn't recognise it as pain but rather her just acting the way she does. Even if you were to point out what she was doing was wrong, she wont except it because there is no evidence of something like that. To clarify my thoughts, an example would be:

Someone you know has somehting in their teeth and you walk up to them and tell them so. They try to remove it with their tongue but feel nothing, so they don't truly belief you or rather they belief there is nothign there now. What it takes though, is to show them a mirror, a reflection of themself through another perspective other then your own so that they can view it for themself.

And what I mean by mirror is that you need to show her that she is acting wrong by reflecting what she is doing, not by acting the same way as her, but directly quoting her and bringing up each situation. One mistake that many people make while doing this though is that they do so in public, where that persons ego is on the line and they must defend it at all costs (which is also a display of human nature).

Through all this all I am trying to say is that or a solution, you should:

1) just sit down with her and tell her that you need to speak with her sincerely as a friend that has been hurt.
    2) Inform of what she has done to you with direct examples, and make sure not to accuse her of the wrong-doings but allow her to recognise it as wrong rather then you telling her she is wrong which would in turn make her defend her ego yet again.
    3) try to resolve the conflict. Make sure she is aware that you aren't attacking her or that you are mad at her, but that you just want to make sure your friendship doesn't get harmed.
    4) come to a compromise and work out solutions that both of you can work towards. As they say, it takes 2 to tango. A problem can only be solved when both parties acknowledge that the blame isnt entirely on one person.

And Finally...

5) Keep each other in check and be awre of what you say to each other. It took many years to build the Great Wall of China... but it can come crumbling down in mere instants.

I Hope this helps some, and if it doesnt PM me personally or IM me or whatever you need. My main purpose in life is to help those that I can if I can. Hope it works out though! :wink:

5. Yukiko

Yukiko New Member

Thank you all...

I did try to talk to her.. (In private) And it ended up ... Okay. She said she was sorry, but she still didn't think she did anything... and then I told her that I need some time before I totally trusted her again but I was as mad or anything anymore. She got pissed and had a big fit and now we aren't talking *Sigh* So much for that...

^-^ But I want to let you guys know you rock... I know you'll always be there for me and you are the awesomest peoples ever. *Huggles all* So thanks again.

P.S. HIRO JEEZ!! Long post... By that time I got finished reading all of the posts I had to go.. :p

6. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Look it as you really are not losing anything if she acts like that.

But she will come around.