Anime "I'd like to thank the Academy..."

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Stardust Phox, Mar 23, 2003.

1. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

Oscars! AKA Academy Awards!

TONIGHT!

Who's partyin'!!?? ^____^

...or, at least, who's watching...

There won't be a huge red carpet event this year because of the war in Iraq, but at least the show wasn't cancel(l?)ed or postponed.

We must ALL vote-at-home for Spirited Away -- which, IMHO, WILL win in the animated feature category, because Japanese animation is just THAT much cooler and has THAT much better story lines than American stuff.

End of story. ^_~

2. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

Yeah, Spirited Away won the best animated feature, was cool and 100% deserved(w33k competition). Didn't agree with most of the results though, with a few notable exceptions. Michael Moore, booed by the crowd, music was played before he was finished, best speech of the night. That guy's a ****ing hero of mine. Learn from him, all ye yanks.

3. Stardust Phox

I thought the whole ceremony was positively shiny. ^_^ Some of my favorite people were up there in the "let's-name-lots-of-past-winners" thing/moment/part. And lots of the people/stuff I wanted to win did win, which is, to me, a freakin' first, since I'm usually some sort of jinx...

But it was way obvious that Spirited Away would win. ^_^

4. Dredz

Dredz Clown With A Frown

I'm pretty sure I saw a red carpet somewhere there :p And they wren't supposed to wave to the crowd, and Rene Zellweger did!

The fool!

5. Stardust Phox

A lot of other people waved. Didn't you see Salma Hayeck and Jennifer Garner? More so the latter -- which I found funny in a way~

And the carpet was there. There just weren't interviews 'n' stuff. *pout* But it was niice.

6. Holly Jolly

Holly Jolly New Member

Yes, well just to let you know. Bowling for Columbine was pushed back from its April release date, to a new one of December 31, 2003. When your speech isn't all that constructive as a minority, sometimes its best to stay silent, and rather portray such ideals through your work.

Or you get these types of results...CLEARLY Bush is the one that pushed back the release! :rolleyes: