ideas and suggestions about battle of the planets

Discussion in 'Gatchaman' started by eagleclaw, Mar 5, 2003.

1. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

hello battle of the planets fans, hey if any one is interested in seeing battle on television where ever it ends up i have a project tht i have been working on. if anybody is intersted in hearing it i will gladely fill you in. again this is only a suggestion later eagleclaw out:glazed:

2. Gatchafan2003

Gatchafan2003 New Member

I WANNA SEE IT !! I WANNA SEE IT !!! I thought it was coming back out this fall ?? I'd love to hear more about your project.

3. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

the ideas and suggestions

hellow gatchman2003 i am happy you are one of the first to want to hear my ideas and suggestions well to make the long story short i have been doing for a couple of months making up petitions to bring battle back on the air, i have been getting signutures from fans at school and outside of school to show there support, i am trying to get at lest 1500 or more to complete the list, i have been doing very well so far. to anwser your question based on the project, i had wrote a letter to MTV requesting that in the future they try to get battle of the planets on their network, because if you have read the history of mtv they used to run cartoons such as beavis&butthead, rein&stempy dairy the original speed racer and other classic tons. i even read that they use to show the beatles animated cartoon. so to cut to the chase i contacted serveal battle web sites on yahoo groups and i ask people who grew up watching the series to write or email mtv requesting that they try to get battle on their network in the future. i posted my letter on the web and i told the fans that all they have to do is rewrite the letter using there names and send it off to mtv, and i got a couple of response and they said that this was a good idea, the reason why i think that mtv should show battle is because of the viewer population, and if you no mtv has been famouse for taking on project, look at how they made m&m famouse by showing his first video and look at him know, and of course who could forget playing micheal jackson billy jean which is still number 1 today, i brought this attention to phil oldham of sandy franks entertaiment and i told him that whereever battle ends up it should be on mtv because i honestly do believe that cartoonnetwork will not air the knew version of the series because they totally mest up the so called one g-force guardians of space. and since mtv is getting back in the habit of showing animation i honestly believe that they can put battle back on the thrown after many years of its depature. hey i head that they were working on a knew animated series of spiderman. if you want i will gladely post the letter on this web and if you like as well as other fans you could write explanning in your own words how much battle means to you and how you would like to see it again. i sure that they will give the series a chance so that is the story i hope you like the idea eagleclaw out

4. Gatchafan2003

Gatchafan2003 New Member

YES !!! Please post the letter here! I will definately sign a petition. (or write my own) Just let me know where to sign or what to write. Also you can post at BotP@yahoogroups.com to reach a great deal of fans. Also http://groups.msn.com/EaglesLair for another batch of MEGA - fans !!!!!

Anything else I can do to help out ; just let me know !!!!

5. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

ideas and suggestions about battle

hi gatcham2003, i got your email thanks, hey i just posted the written letter on botp@yahoogroups.com if you want to check it out. if you are intrested on helping with this project, all you have to do is read the letter rewrite using your name and send it off to mtv explainning to them how much you as a fan would love to see them get battle on their network in the future, and maybe you can encourge other fans to email the letter to if they want and are intrested. everthing is sef explain i hope the fans would like this idea. later eagleclaw out

6. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

the letter about getting battle on mtv in the future

here is the written letter good luck.

attention to all of the battle of the planets fans if nobody has
    received the copy of the letter that i have written to mtv about
    getting battle of the planets on their network in the future and
    would like to see it again if intrested please rewrite the letter
    explaninning to mtv in your own words how much you would like to see them get our long awaited series in the future again this is only a suggestion but if anybody is intrested please feel free to take part in it because once they see how many fans who watch mtv and who is
    also fans of battle they might show some intrest in, if you do want
    to take part in this project please the letter on to your friends so
    they could take part if you can please email me from time to time to
    see how many people send mtv the letter and i will keep you all up to
    date o the signutures that i have collect on my battle petitions good
    luck and lets bring back battle later phil better known as eagleclaw out.

Dear Programmers of MTV:
    My name is Phillip, and I just love watching your music videos and
    your hot programs.
    I have written letters to you on many of occassions, and I must be
    the first viewer watching your network 247 to tell you that you are
    one of the best networks in my mind who not only started a revolution
    and paved the way for other musical networks to launch success, but
    you have always ruled the 80's, and you still remain to the viewers
    as true icons of music television.
    If it were not for you, we would not have other networks like BET,
    VH1 and other musical channels. One of the reasons why I am writting
    to you as a viewer is to request that in the future of your
    programming, once you get back into the animation form use thee
    classic cartoon that I used to watch when I was a kid, Battle Of The
    Planets, I remember way back in the late 80's early 90's when you ran
    the Beatles animated cartoon series, the Jackson Five cartoons,
    Beavis&Butthead, Rein&Stempy, Dairy, and the orgainal Speed Racer
    cartoons that boosted up your ratings.
    I would love to see in the future when you get back into the habit of
    showing animation, the classic japanise anime which I am sure that
    the viewers, would love to see for the very first time since the
    years it launch. I know that requesting the classic Battle Of The
    Planets sounds silly because your network is mostly based on the
    videos and the programs that you show. However, I have read some
    history of the programs that you used to air, and cartoons to me,
    were the best thing that ever happened to your network, because the
    animated series like Speed Racer, Rein& Stempy and other programs
    kept the viewers entertained, and I believe that if you can give the
    series a chance and show it on your network in the future, the
    viewers would enjoy watching it.
    Again this is only a suggestion as a viewer, but give it a shot and
    let the fans who are tunning in to your network each and everyday,
    can decide for themselves whether or not Battle Of The Planets still
    has the flavor to rejuvernate and recapture its popularity like it
    did when it first appeared on channel five in 1978.
    You know as well as I do that the viewers will watch any program that
    comes on MTV.
    This is only a suggestion, but I would like for you to talk and
    listen to the owner who created the show and give it a chance. Thank
    you for your time an patience and I will forever be tunning in to
    your videos, music awards and other shows that you have lined up.

Yours truly
    Mr. Phillip Berrian

7. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

see the letter

hi gatchamen2003 did you see the letter posted up, and what do you think about it eagleclaw out

8. Gatchafan2003

Gatchafan2003 New Member

I liked your letter very much ,Eagleclaw. I am writing one similar (spelling?) to it and will send it in as well. I also know of 3 other people who will write and send letters too. Maybe more fans will jump on the band wagon and join the quest. (HOPE)
    Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you.

A Fellow fan

9. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

battle

hi gatchamen2003 i am happy you like the letter and you will rewrite and send it to mtv as well. hey that will help me out alot i felt foolish by writing thid letter to mtv but i said to myself give it a shot. hey post your messages from time to time as let me know how man fans are intrested. hey this will help sandy franks entertainment out and give them network options. i do not see cartoonnetwork picking it up but thanks again eageclaw out

10. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

how many fans do you think will be intrested in helping me get battle on a network mt

hellow gatchaman2003, hey i have questions for you, how many fans do you no who saw my letter and who is will to rewrite and send it to mtv, do you think that some of the are willing to express their opioion to mtv explanning how much the fans would like to see it. and with all of the emails that mtv gets do you think that they will take a chance on battle like they have been known for other things. later eagleclaw out

11. Gatchafan2003

Gatchafan2003 New Member

Howdy Eagleclaw. I wrote for YEARS to Sandy Frank productions to get some BotP merchandise sales. Tee's/book/videos/ and any other stuff that was available. I had friends write also. One day I stopped in a comic shop and found a set of Gatchaman figures which I jumped on!! He told me about the Previews and Dynamic Forces.
    I think Sandy Frank is connected with Top Cow and Dynamic Forces (Not totally sure). Now my collection is getting pretty good. Do I think all those letters helped??? I dunno. But all of a sudden the merchandise is out there.

So in short, I beleive that if we beg/plead/and express great interest that YES they will play it again. At an experimental time to see how many viewers watch it. If we all tune in they will play it again and again.

I only know 3 people, personally, that will write letters of their own. Our best bet is to reach all of the fans on the fansites. Over the weekend I will post a letter asking for a fan wide response to write letters as well. We'll keep our fingers crossed from there and hope for the best.

Talk to ya later. Over and out . Ha Ha.

12. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

battle

hey gatchaman2003 whats up, hey thank you so much i could use all of the help. i think that once mtv sees how man letters are pilling up they might give battle a chance because of the viewer populations and mtv fan watch anything. my main concern is that it is up to the fans to decide whether or not battle still has the flavor, and i think that they would show if sandy frank digitial restore the series and bring it up to date, i would not want to see the series in distortions. thanks again eagleclaw out

13. Gatchafan2003

Gatchafan2003 New Member

Hey, Eagleclaw, how are you doing? I've just posted a new thread titled Calling all fans. Check it out and let me know what you think. I also posted a letter to BotP@yahoogroups.com . I'll also post a letter at EaglesLair.

Let's see how we do and keep our fingers crossed.

Talk to ya later. Bye.