Square Enix If you could make your own...

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by User18, Dec 18, 2003.

1. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

I'll simplify my ideal plot. No era, character names, or places will be mentioned. In brief... (anything in X and Y are undeceided names and the like)

Main character visits city (undecided reason why he's doing this), gets caught between a civil war between two sides and held as a captive on suspicion by group X. Meets and falls in love with a female here (not knowing her status or what she is doing here). Later released... days later he avoided death by the help of 2 another characters (revealed themselves as members of group Y), became 'half-friends' blah blah blah. On the day he is going to leave the city, he gets caught again in a battle between the two sides. Sees his two 'half-friends' fighting, one gets injured.... he rushes to help, takes his place in the fight (reveals his background blah blah blah) Fights... etc etc, sees the girl he fell for days before. More emotional stuff... blah blah blah. He gets injured... falls unconcious. When he wakes up he ends up in group 'Y's base... learns the background of the war... and the place he came from was mentioned for 'XXX' reason, thus he decided to join them for the sake of his hometown. Girl he fell in love with (In fact head of group 'X') is effectively his enemy. I guess the rest can be predicted... and the story and go in which ever direction one can imagine from here.

It's actually something I just thought of as I wrote this lol... but for other people to join in this thread I decided to go first ^_^

^Shen^

2. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

Wow. This sounds like an extremely interesting idea. Assuming I had Square Enix's resources at my disposal, that is.

The first thing is that the plot would be character-driven, and there might be multiple endings.

I would try and break away from the whole save-the-world thing for a long time, or jump straight into the save-the-world idea without all that building up to the moment where they tell you: 'Hey, would you mind saving the world for us?'

I would have it very long, with a multitude of different places, each unique (no more reusing the same dungeons/battle field!).

Of course, all these things take time and resources.

Hmm...I think I'll post this when I'm done too- this is a few notes to start off with.

3. TheSonOfBattles

TheSonOfBattles New Member

The only thing that's ever disattisfied me about FF games is the love story elements. Just once i'd like to see 2 characters form a proper relationship near the start of the game, and have that relationship be a central part of the game. With your actions determining whether or not you stay with the person, or are merely friends. It's always annoyed me that there's a huge love story in these games, and it's always ignored right until the end. It'd be cool, to have 2 characters kiss, marry (not a funky, let's marry to get past here ala FF9) and argue in game.

That's it from me, I think.

4. Volt

Volt New Member

How about this.

In stead of the "gut meets girl" well... Pesant like Guy meets important princess like girl, They should change that around or maybe just two Two Guys (brothers) or two Girls (sisters) Oooo the possibilites maybe they can be twins? And the 2 sisters or 2 brothers can come upon 1 person they both like and fight over them *mumbles off*

Anyway. For once I'd like to see a HUGE city acutally be HUGE... Look at lindblum it's huge but it only takes a minute to get from the entertainment district to the industrial district. What about the houses in between. More is what I'm looking for.

Characters that interact more with each other...Okay there's a party of 6-7 people, yet they all seem to get along? Sometimes (FFX) some of the characters don't talk to each through-out the whole game! What's up with that. Very un-realistic.

Switch environments. Time to move on. Enough with the cities and pretty fields of flowers on the world map. Let's focus on Carabian Islands or Gothic Isles. Something more water based maybe. Summer styled. Oh and you can't forget the lush tropical forests.

5. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

I have only five minuits to spare before I get lose connection!

I like a story where there is the hero and herione are not necessarily in love with each other. (YEAH RIGHT! I do want a ff game where love is an element between the main characters)LOL! I just want something new.

Mr hero is a prince, arrogant, handsome, trained. Somehow one of the palaces minister, or a person with high repected authority is decieving the king by planning an invasion with several neighboring kingdoms. Absolute domination! Once these neigboring kingdom invade, the king killed, the queen XXX infront of the prince, the prince is captured and imprisoned in a scary cell in a moster filled dungeon. In this dungeon he meets his comrades. A black, and blue mage couple, who just got married( well the claim they just got married, they are actually 100,000 years old) They were cursed by a White mage which casted a eternal youth for the couple. Ofcourse the spell will be broken if the started hating each other. The prince and the couple decide on leaving the dungeon. Then they meet a peasant girl, beast tamer who saved them from the Behemoth that guarded the prison. This peasant girl will capture our prince heart in the future. In the mean time she is not his type. The prince is interested in the princess of the neighbouring country that invaded, somehow he has lost his heart. X_X I'm bad at this! She takes the people to the inn in town. Her grandfather is the ownder of the inn. The prince finds out that his father was not the best king there ever was. The people are happy that he is no longer ruling the country. But they do not like the new dictator. So then princes village will be burnt down to ashes. And the prince and his friend will have to move. Then they travel meet friend I can't write the whole story X_X. this is really hard!

6. Billy277

Billy277 New Member

Did you play Final Fantasy IV, SonofBattles? That has exactly what you're talking about. The two lovers (Cecil and Rosa) already know each other at the beginning of the game and so have a pre-existing relationship. They do kiss/embrace at certain parts of the story and Rosa even scolds him at the beginning of the story. There aren't a lot of angsty thoughts in their minds a la Squall and Rinoa, though they genuinely care and worry when the other is in danger (Rosa isn't in your party much in the first half of the game). I think it's probably the best love arc in the Final Fantasy series.

7. Novus

Novus Gone

I was going to reply to this a long time ago, but I think I'll do it now instead (unless I can find that time machine I ran off with last time I played Chrono Trigger, I'll have to ;)).

First off, I'd change the series immensely by not making the main character some whiny sap. And I'd cut the angsty-whiny Uberscheiss as well. The actual plot? Well, here goes ...
    Our main character is a low-ranking soldier in some army. The start of the game begins with him and two other soldiers (just for fun they can be called Wedge and Biggs, or Vicks and Biggs, if you prefer), and they are about to go to some big, final battle against some rival empire, attacking the enemy stronghold. In the seige, many soldiers on both sides die. The hero and his two companions reach the entrance to the boss-guy's throne room just as their C.O. is fighting a giant dragon or something which is guarding the last bastion of the enemy. The officer-guy takes out the dragon, and asks the others to help him fight off the boss type guy.
    Upon entering the room, the boss guy, some kind of powerful wizard type, gives some big speech and all that rhetorical fun that I love so much about the series, and then the obvious battle starts up. This is probably one of those battles where the main character and his companions are pretty much useless, and it's really all about the NPC guy and the boss. When the battle finally ends, the enemy creates some kind of rift through which to escape, and he dives through it, vanishing. Then, the last few enemy troops burst through the doors, and the heroes are surrounded. With no escape, they dive through the rift after their enemy.
    The hero awakens somewhere else (a little FFX, maybe), but he is on his own in a desert. He decides his first task should be to find out where he is, and that he should look for his companions as well. Eventually, he finds a town, and Wedge and Biggs have both been found, but were killed by some monster that had been terrorizing the area. Apparently some stranger had appeared and vowed to put a stop to its rein of terror. Thinking this is his C.O., the hero runs in the direction of the monster's lair, but finds that the guy has already killed the monster and left. He ends up enlisting the aid of one of the locals, who can later become a love interest, just for fun, and together they look for the hero's lost companion.
    Later, after meeting up with the wayward officer, they find out that the wizard guy from the start of the game has assassinated the ruler of a country and has taken over. Our heroes decide to go and finish the job they started, and have many fun adventures and meet new characters along the way.
    And later it's revealed that there's some kind of greater evil that is threatening the world now, and the rift thingy awakened it. The heroes feel responsible, and decide they have to stop it too.
    Just for fun let's say that the other villain guy was possessed by a spirit of some kind and after he is defeated, his mind is freed and he feels terrible about what he has done and joins the heroes as some kind of attonement.
    And together they try to stop the coming of this monster, but fail, and someone dies along the way, as these things seem to go. The world is all but destroyed, but the wizard guy finds out that there is an ancient spell from this world that can not only reverse the monster's destruction, but can also send them home. The only catch: it needs a series of ancient artifacts, and the heart of the beast itself, in order to be completed.
    And then at the end they find out that the final component they need is a heart of a person in love, or something like that, and they must have a connection to those using the spell. The character from the town at the start of the game sacrifices herself for the sake of her companions, and the spell is completed. The world is restored, the hero and officer are both sent back to their world, Wedge and Biggs are both revived. Everything's happy ...
    Except the hero, who misses his love. Then the wizard guy finds a way to return the hero to the other world, and can revive the girl as well, but he needs ...
    Oh, we'll just save that for FFNovus-2, and let the credits roll.