Initial D Live-Action Movie (2005)

Discussion in 'Initial D' started by Basher, Aug 9, 2005.

1. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Yep it has been made and in my opinion it is bad *** (which means awesome). In my opinion, Fast and the Furious and Too Fast and Too Furious look like kiddie car movies to this. ^_^ I don't think this will come to the states but hopefully it does. All I got to say is it is a must see movie to any car movie fans and Initial D fans.

Cast
    Jay Chou as Takumi Fujiwara
    Anne Suzuki as Natsuki Mogi
    Anthony Wong as Bunta Fujiwara
    Chapman To as Itsuki Takeuchi
    Edison Chen as Ryousuke Takahashi
    Jordan Chan as Kyouichi Sudou
    Kenny Bee as Yuuichi Tachibana
    Shawn Yue as Takeshi Nakazato
    Tomohiro Waki as Night Kid

One thing different from what I have watched in this movie is that his dad is a drunk which makes it so funny and a little sad. I have only read a little though and watched a few episodes.

Tailers

To view it go to 02 Media and then Trailers.

You want to know how good this movie is. In Hong Kong this movie beat out Star Wars: Episode III — Revenge of the Sith ($2.4 Million U.S. in 45 days) and Mr. and Mrs. Smith ($2.8 Million U.S. in 25 days) in just 10 days with $3.6 Million U.S. WOW :D In one day this movie in Hong Kong made about $401,114 U.S. and in a 4 day weekend a little over $1.9 million U.S. This is just one city and it has yet to be released in Japan sometime in September.

There is a rumor of a second Live-Action Movie but after those totals I doubt it will be a rumor for long.

2. Cherrygirl

Cherrygirl Cherrylicious!

must...see...movie...Keisuki....RX7...*drool*...@_@

3. Basher

It follows the series pretty well. What I have seen so far. Almost done with First Stage. But Takumi goes against pro drivers not just road racers. Plus his father is a drunken, beating jerk. That is one part I hate. Takumi is still in a daze though. I still like it. They did a very good job with this one. Unlike some series I watched live action, Sailor Moon *shivers*. I wonder when Izzy will pop up.

4. dawnofdark

dawnofdark New Member

messed up

they messed with the plot too much...... like how they started the movie...... they cut charaters.... swich relation ships of charater....... swiched cars...... wt's the guys name drives a 86 wth he drove 85 in the show....... anyways everything happened so fast in the movie.. i didn't like how they mixed all 4 seasons toghter

5. Fujimiya Aya

Fujimiya Aya New Member

I like it. Though the new Cole/itsuki guy is kinda weird. Does anyone know where I could find a bittorrent file of it? I got one off of boxtorrents, but the subs are horrendous. One line reads, "I want to eat people now!" .....yeah.

6. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

I have this movie, but, I haven't the time to watch it yet. I was thinking about just transferring it to .mp4 so I can play it on my PSP. =P

The only thing so far that I've noticed...Sudou looks like some sort of Taiwanese Michael Jackson with his studded vest. Really demento.

Anyway, I'll try to watch this soon...I'm kinda put off (like a lot of people are) that it is set in Japan, but they use Taiwanese actors. But, ah well, at least it still did better than some major motion pictures. >=D

Hopefully, this will be the last mention of "Cole" in the entirety of Initial D's lifespan as a board on boards.jp. =P

Sorry, but I call blasphemy on anyone that says the american release version is great...especially if you've seen the Japanese ones first.

But, I am happy you know the greatness of Initial D. :D

7. Basher

I have mine set up a little different. See mine you can change the subtitles. Much better. I think I may go in and edit them. I still like the movie even though I am learning there are a few things off. I have the whole series. Now if I just had the time.

8. dawnofdark

dawnofdark New Member

hk subtitle some times can be really messed up...... and the Taiwanese Michael Jackson with his studded vest i think that's jordan chan.. not sure the name but the guy is a comedian not really an actor

9. Fujimiya Aya

Fujimiya Aya New Member

Sorry, but I can't remember his Japanese name. :p I think it may have been Iketani, but I didn't want to mess it up, you know?

10. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

So i just finished the DL of this movie.... and let me tell you... ITS INSANE

its insanly good.... fast paced, well choreographed and the cars... gah the cars....

just so you know, I WILL OWN A SAN NI GTR :p

my friend has a R33 GTS-T Type M II (i hate him for it)

at this point, you have to know Chinese to understand the movie...

somehow my basic knowledge got me most of the movie... so its really good...