Trigun Interesting Theory *Huge spoilers*

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Billy277, Mar 31, 2004.

1. Billy277

Billy277 New Member

Just finished watching the series, and I came across this page:

http://theotaku.com/trigun/wolfwoodandmilly.shtml

Interesting theory, to be sure. I'm skeptical, however, because all the evidence the writer has seems to stem from subtitles, which we all know have a tendency to distort what is actually being said. Does anyone have any thoughts about it or (even better) any evidence one way or the other?

2. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

Hmm, very interesting.. I would never thought of that at all, all I do is watch and laugh :p I don't pay much attention while watching, heck I don't care about their names that much ^^; [I have to grow up --;].

Anyway, don't read the following unless you checked the link above :)

Well, if Milly cried alot, which was because she loves him. And as the part in the church, well, probably because he remembered her saying its bad for his health, I don't remember very well, it has been a long time since I saw Trigun last, but I am not saying that I disagree about the fact that Milly is pregnant.
    And excuse me for saying so, but I don't think a woman can get pregnant from the first time she has sex, and it takes at least 2-3 weeks for her to show that she is pregnant or be pregnant. But it is an anime we are talking about here ^^;

Hmm, I have to see Trigun again..

3. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

That sort of naivety could land you in serious trouble one day...

While I'm not saying that Milly wasn't pregnant, there wasn't really any evidence to suggest she was. Wolfwood did sleep with Milly, but that was the night before he died. While it's possible that Milly could've gotten pregnant from this, there's no way Wolfwood could have known. The very fact that the writer of that article didn't even notice that the flashback in episode 24 was from an earlier episode kind of shows that his theory isn't terribly well researched, and is really just more of an opinion. I don't think the Trigun animators were trying to tell us that Milly was pregnant.

4. ironmonkey

ironmonkey New Member

i highly dubt this theory.
    i think the flashback and the other "evidence" is more of nick thinking about what could have been and how much he would like too stay with milly and make the scene where they acted as man and wife earlyer would become reallity.

5. Spike_VS_VASH

Spike_VS_VASH New Member

Women can get pregnant first time, women who were virgins get raped and sometimes they get pregnant. Ever heard that story? I think she's is and i am writting a fan fiction in which Vash and NDW and Milly's son become bounty hunters.

6. Leonof

Leonof New Member

It's an interesting theory, the whole Milly and Wolfwood situation. The way I see it, it was a message with a double-meaning. It's obvious Wolfwood would have no knowlage if Milly was pregnant or not, that's given. I think he looked back at that scene as a good memory with Milly. What better thing to think about right when you're about to die than remembering a good moment with your love?

So anyways, the double meaning I was talking about was that this flashback also foreshadowed something. Now this message by the creator was made to reach out to the viewers of Trigun, not Wolfwood himself. If you think about it, how much good interaction do we see between Milly and Wolfwood? That scene from "Escape from Pain" was probably the best interaction they had together, except for their interaction in "Paradise".

So the recap: It was a happy memory for Wolfwood and a foreshadowing message to the fans of the show. Though there has been no evidence that a new Trigun season is in the making, I believe the creator felt it was nessicary to put some meaning behind the night Wolfwood and Milly shared together.

Of course...this is just what I think. I have no idea if this is right or wrong.

7. Vatina

Vatina New Member

I didn't get the impression that she was pregnant at all ^_^;; It only came to my mind later when I heard people theories on it. I also just think that it was a look back on a happy and fun memory - and yeah, maybe he wished for it to be that way.