Art Interview: Raimu-chan, Lime

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Suzu, May 17, 2002.

1. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Ladies And Gentle men, welcome again. This time we are going to interview Raimu-chan, known as Lime in M2A.
    Hello Lime! May we have an interview with you? :D

2. Lime

Lime Claude ish MY honey ^.^

Im sorry! I haven't been on M2A lately! :D But Im back now!

I would love an interview ^.^

3. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

I second that!

4. Inu-Girl

Inu-Girl New Member

I just took a look at your drawing Lime. They're soo good!!!;) I wish I could draw well.:(

5. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

*I'm so sorry, Please forgive me fer not replying immediatly*

:) Hello Lime! Thank you for allowing us to have an interview with you :)
    I agree with the Audience, you art is totally fab.
    Lime, What inspired you or motivated you to become a great artist? Do you remember a time where you first held your favorite art utensil and drew?:D

6. Lime

Hehe...The first time I have ever held a drawing impliment..had to be in pre school, maybe back futhur, but I don't remember then. In pre school, I was drawing a blue dinosaur..that now to me, looks like a blue blob on a sheet of paper, with 2 green eyes. Anyway, my now best friend irl, came up to me, a total stranger, and asked me to play with her. I seemingly yelled at her..Telling her, "I MUST FINISH MY PICTURE FIRST!" She cried..and I went on with my picture..I was determained to draw..and still am! :D

I used to always draw different types of cats, or animals..Once taking a liking to anime, and the japanese culture, I couldn't help but try to draw their style. After years of trying, and the thousands of trees I probably wasted with doodles all over them, I'm finally getting the hang of it, and yet I could still do more!

:D

7. Ranmy

Ranmy New Member

hey i'd like to see those images too! :) they're not in the gallery, are they??

8. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

^.^ Interesting, you were determined to be an atrist even when you were young! Amazing! *Kawaiii*
    What are your main sources of inspiration? Is there any artist whom you like to develop a similar drawing and/or coloring style to his/her?

9. Lime

I always try to draw with cuteness..It's just a thing I always look for..

I would love to draw like Saber Marionette J (Not just becuase it's my fav. anime >>;; ), I just think it's really really cute. The colors are beautifully done, as well as I usually have my characters with big eyes. Besides SMJ, I would love to draw like the people of Star Ocean EX (Anime wise). Their colors are similiar to SMJ, but they vary their ways of drawing for each character. I think it is more realistic. I don't really like drawing completly realistic, and yet cuteness is a special thing to me ^.^

10. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

^_^!
    Lime, Do you have a special time to draw and create art?:) How long does it take you to create an anime master piece?

Do you have any original anime characters or do you draw mostly fan arts or both? :D

11. Lime

1) Well..I do have a special time..which is defiently NOT in school. Everyday, in school I get requests for me to draw someone something, and when im in school, I cant just pick up a pencil, get a peice of paper and do it! I guess I need the concentration that I can get at home..or maybe im just fusturated, or to tired at school. I prefer doing them when im alone, and not having people look over my shoulders.

2) It usually takes me..a couple min. to sketch it out, and decide if I want to use skeletons or not. I usually then take at least an hour or two to actually get out the main figure and person i want, putting extra minutes to make the face great. :D It then takes another hour, to ink it out the way I want it, add in things, or correct anything I didn't like. Erase the marks, and if I want to color it :D..Which also takes a great deal of time.

3) I have tons of original characters that I draw every now and then, and even put them into my own stories, or small 3 coloum mangas. As for fan art goes, I'm not very fond of it, but it's something I like to try once in a while. It seems you need to draw exactly how the artist draws in their anime style to get it the character you want it to look like. I have my own style of drawing, and I prefer my own, then some others ^^

12. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Thank you so much, Lime fot this interview... :)
    :D would you like to give M2A members some advise when creating art?

13. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

*nod nod* Yeah yeah!

14. Lime

Oooo Alright, I got some :D

1) Always keep trying..and never say you want to start drawing..you will always come back to it
    2) Devolp your own ways of drawing..and don't bother trying to draw just like this one person..
    3) Never draw a face line, or the eyes, and then give up on that picture all together...always try to finish your picture :D

^^ More later!

15. kapitanbar

kapitanbar Member

Isn't any place on the net were I can see your own artwork?