Inu-Yasha InuYasha!~*~the musical?

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by wing_goddess, Apr 16, 2004.

1. wing_goddess

wing_goddess Power User

okay, has anyone ever heard of the Inu Yasha musical that took place January and February in Japan 2003? i don't know much about it, only that it's out on an all regions dvd now, and can be bought from some website.....i'll find the link if anyone wants it....just not with me right now :sweat2: if i had the chance, i would love to see the musical. i saw one pic of it, and person as InuYasha actually looked pretty cool.

so what's your opinion on an Inu Yasha musical?

would ya even see it?

and does anyone have more info on this? for i'd love to know more:)

note: i did a search to see if a topic like this has been posted before, i didn't didn't find anything...so yay, hopefully this isn't a repeat topic. sry, i had to mention it.

2. bLANK

bLANK New Member

I think this is from the musical but not completely positive. :sweat:

Inuyasha - Sato Atsuhiro <-- Hey, look Roy! Fellow Sato!
    Kagome - Toyama Kyoko
    Kikyou - Mabuchi Erika
    Miroku - Kyo Shinsuke <-- And does he offer fanservice? "Assgrabbing after the show!"
    Naraku - Nishimuta Megumi
    Myouga - Yoshida Cho

The notable person missing is SANGO! Miroku's love interest!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. wing_goddess

wing_goddess Power User

wow, thank you so much for those pics!!! the one pic i saw before was i think the dvd cover for it...i'm not sure. it was in an old copy of Animerica, the magazine, last year. it had the Inu Yasha actor on it, and it looked so cool! the person had major black eye shadow and lovely white hair. it looked nothing like the pic of the inu yasha actor above. grrr, need more info :dizzy2:

could you tell me plz where you got those pics?

and yeah, where is Sango?

4. Shadowbard

Shadowbard Black-Winged Angel

From reading up on the small amount of information found at Sengoku Jidai (link goes directly to the information about the musical/play), it looks like it was performed in 2000 and had a fair amount of success.

Unfortunately, the website dedicated to it is no longer there (I checked the link at Sengoku Jidai and got a Japanese 404 error), and even if it were there it would have been almost entirely in Japanese.

From the look of things, it seems the musical/play is set early enough in the timeline that Sango wouldn't be in the picture. Sesshoumaru might also not be in the picture (kinda like what's happened in the first two movies) because he seems to be a bit more of a side story, even if he is Inuyasha's brother.

~Shadrach Anki

5. bluefuzyslipper

bluefuzyslipper New Member

WOW!!!! That's awesome that they have an Inu-Yasha musical!!!! I'd give my right arm to see it.......ok not really. Wow. I think that they should make an Inu-Yasha movie with real people!! The special affects would be awesome!
    :catgirl:

6. wing_goddess

wing_goddess Power User

i found my old magazine again, and here's what some of what it says that hasn't already been mentioned in the link 2 messages above:

an all-region souvinir DVD of the show was released in late 2002 by the Eloshibal company (code number EODV003) and can be purchased through online retailers such as Amazon Japan (amazon.co.jp). The offical website for the production is at http://www.parco-city.co.jp/play/inu_yasha/index.html

if only i could send you the pic in the mag, it's so cool! grrr, need scanner!

i went to the official website and searched everywhere, and found nothing but Japanese-ness. no pics, either:( i also tried the amazon link because i REALLY want to buy it, but i couldn't find it either. ahh, i'm years too late!! i even looked on Ebay :sweat:

7. bLANK

bLANK New Member

I don't have the exact thread but I found it at my friend's forum. She has an Inu Yasha Site with other stuff.

8. Sango-chan13

Sango-chan13 New Member

well..I haven't seen it...I can just not imag Inuyasha.....musical.. :sweat:
    it's 2 weird 4 me...! :sweat:

9. KougasGirl

KougasGirl New Member

:D I have heard of this, infact I own a copy (ebay) I was so happy when I won. Anyway, its really cool, Inuyasha doesnt sing though, and there are no eng. subtitals since its a Japanese import. I can email you some screenshots if you like. I love it and its kinda hard to get a hold of (unless you live in Japan) so ill share as much as I can.

10. KougasGirl

KougasGirl New Member

Grr I tried to upload some cool screen shots but my computer is being a butt :anger2: But I can tell you that Sango, and Sesshomaru are NOT in the play ( I dont know why) oh and they made Naraku look really girly, lol. but there IS Hiten, Manten, Shippo and myoga (duh) umm...who else? Oh! Yura of the hair is there also and urasuai (er-a-sue-way) I dont know how to spell her name. I also have a flyer from the play, not photo copied, the real thing its so awasome. I also said that Inuyasha doesnt sing, but he does dance, lol its pretty funny. Ill try to upload again later, maybe ill have better luck.

1 person likes this.
  11. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I have yet to see it. But if anything I think it will be funny.

12. 13_Jesalae

13_Jesalae New Member

my god...

:eek: Musical? Inuyasha? I didn't know those two words could fit in a sentence together! MUSICAL? i'd never really thought about that particular possibility, because it didnt seem possible... :confused: what the freaking hell?...

13. KougasGirl

KougasGirl New Member

:rolleyes: screen shots, Inuyasha dancing, and Miroku being, well, himself...

Attached Files:

14. Hiro

Hiro Active Member

i think a musical would be pretty cool but it would have to be a cool one and not like defile the name of inuyasha if you knwo what i mean

15. Kryshana

Kryshana Dont try to understand me

WTF!? A musical....MWUAHAHAHA!!!! I gotta see it if it comes out on DVD! ROFL...

16. Vatina

Vatina New Member

Lol, looks weird :p Seems like Miroku is still a perv though xD

17. Sabrina

Sabrina New Member

that is so hilarious...I cant wait to see it!! OMG there should be an InuYasha yaoi musical next!! ^_-
    -Sabrina