Inu-Yasha Inuyasha's Mom

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by coldhearted, Oct 13, 2004.

1. coldhearted

coldhearted Queen of Randomness

Does anyone know how or why Inuyasha's mom died? I always wanted to know but never asked.

1 person likes this.
  2. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

i don't think anyone ever said... i wanna know too.

3. Krystal-chan

Krystal-chan New Member

I don't think they ever said in the series, at least not in the episodes I've seen. That is an interesting thought, I never thought about that before..... :confused:

4. Aiko

Aiko New Member

I always theoried that Sess-kun killed her when inu-chan was little. But it's just a theory. ^^;

5. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Perhaps... age? She was human after all. Or maybe a random demon attack.

I'm pretty sure it was mentioned, or at least alluded to, so there has to be an answer somewhere, eh?

6. Muse

Muse New Member

She died twice.
    She was killed right after InuYasha was born by Takemaru, and the second time, she was probably killed too. I don't think Sesshoumaru did it, because we would have probably been told in eps. 5-7, but it's always a possibility. The first time she was killed was because she had a child of demon blood, so I'm guessing that that was more than likely the reason for the second time also.

7. Kogarashi

Kogarashi Summon of Wood

HanyouInuyasha has it right about the first time she died. It's "revealed" in the third movie (I use quotes there because the movies aren't offical canon storyline) in the beginning (which is also when we get a good look at Inu no Taisho. Inu no Taisho used Tenseiga to bring her back to life, then sent her away with the Fire Rat Robe while he finished off Takemaru (which is when he died).

As for the second time she died...I personally think she died of old age, but that's me.

8. Muse

Muse New Member

Why thank you Kogarashi! ^_^ You're probably right, too, old age seems like it may work, but that leaves me with a few questions of my own..

If she had died from old age, it would make sense for Sesshoumaru to bring the Muuonna as an older woman, right?

Also, having a hanyou son probably left her with a few enemies, and people who strongly disapprove of her. It makes sense to me to say she got killed.

Just an opinion.

9. Kogarashi

Kogarashi Summon of Wood

You do have a point there, though Sessh might also have brought the muonna as a younger Izayoi because that's how Inuyasha remembers her better. ::shrugs::

10. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

i don't think that she died of old age. it seems kinda boring. so i think that she was killed by a demon or something.

11. sweetasuka

sweetasuka Ahh Ice-Cream!

I think your right, I think there was more to her death then just old age and maybe in one of the episodes we will be able to see what really happened. I hope so anyway cuz when they showed his mom before she still looked young, so I think when Inuyasha last saw him she was pretty young yet. pretty young meaning 20's like 25 or up

12. Soul Tester

Soul Tester New Member

I'd especially like to hear about Izayoi and how she met Inu no Taisho :)

13. Enigma

Enigma New Member

wow...to think that this is something I never thought of X_x but anyways, I agree with Kogarashi...she probably died of old age the second go around.

14. OutlawPriest

OutlawPriest New Member

I do not believe that Inu's mom died of natural causes the second time. In my opinion, maybe the villagers where they lived killed her...just a theory. Sesshomaru wouldnt dishonor his father by killing her, I think.

15. jakotsu chan

jakotsu chan Nevermore!

maybe inuyashas father left the mother or the mother left the father

16. Kagome_Akari

Kagome_Akari New Member

i saw these pics of inuyasha and his mom.
    also i saw these pics of Inuyasha as a baby.

17. Ria_Kitsune

Ria_Kitsune New Member

Inu's Mom

It IS possible that she died of old age, but in the manga, I know for a fact, Inu had said 'Yeah...well...I was pretty young when you died..."
    SO, she was probally killed or - because a doubt that time had very good medicine - she MIGHT have perished from a disese of some kind. That's my guess, anyway.

18. manslayer

manslayer animatedbboywhatareyou

at one point in inuyahsa while I watching an episode it showed how he was running from these weakling demons when he was a kid and I they said lets go finish off the village