Square Enix is it good?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Julia, May 6, 2003.

1. Julia

Julia New Member

i recently beat kingdomhearts, and it seems as though it follows the same type of "tip out your heart and stomp on it" drama in the final fantasy games. so could you guys tell me are the final fanasy games for playstation worth it? or not?

2. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

Final Fantasy - Good? Of course it's good, FF7 was where Squaresoft made a huge impact into the name 'Final Fantasy' FF7 is over 120 hours of play, with a magnificant, mind-gripping, sh*t-holding, sweat-pouring storyline, huge variety of weapons, magic, enemies. 9 playable characters (3 allowed at a time during combat) excellent FMV sequence, and of course the special attacks such as limit breaks and summons to get your way through the game. If you like the game you've just played, if you like RPG-fantasy. Whatever the price, this game will really fill your socks (shouldn't be expensive at all seeing that it was out some 4/5 years ago)
    Final Fantasy 8 is also brilliant, but FF7 beats it by a fraction in my opinion. Havn't played FF9 but that was reported to be really good as well. FF10 is amazing but that's on PS2
    Well, give it a try, FF and Square shall NOT disappoint you...

3. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

FFVII, making Squaresoft big? What nonsense are you talking about? Unless, of course, you're talking about it from a purely North American standpoint. At least, that's when the RPG mainstream finally came out into market. Like, remember those ads that FFVII had? Well, that's a North American first. Final Fantasy was big as soon as the second one came out. At least, in Japan, where people would wait in line for a full day to get the latest copy of whatever FF came out. Why? Well, Square didn't have 10 sequels for something that *isn't* a cashcow, you know. If your opinionated on that FFVII is the one that started it all, I'll hold you to it, but I don't see HOW, unless you're talking of a specific market. However, I will agree that the FF series is an amazing thing.

My personal opinion though, in as much as Shenglong gave it as well, is that the best is Final Fantasy 3, or VI, as it is wont to be called. That had the first free-form party in the Final Fantasy series since the first one. It was, also, contrary to FFVII opinion, the start of the evolution of Limit Breaks. It's true, it's true.

And again, in agreeance to Shenglong, try the series out. It's not hard to not get disappointed.

4. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

*Ahem* For starters, I rather you spell my name correctly :D (everyone seems to slot the 'g' in there all the time....Dang)

Well, FFVII was really hit when it came out in UK (where I live) so I assumed Squaresoft was making profits out of it, excuse my invalid facts. People do talk about the earlier FF series here in UK but it doesn't last and really most people didn't know much about the earlier series until FFVII came out. When it did come out 'DUN DUN DUNNNN' Everyone went mad about it. It was the FF game which made everyone start playing the old series and await the unreleased ones.

5. Alucard666

Alucard666 New Member

i think in some places final fantasy 7 started it all for the rpgs. but not everywhere. me, ive been a fan since forever ago, when final fantasy was first released to america, back, well i cant remember when. but i see where everyone is standing on this

6. Julia

Julia New Member

so could you actually give me a general answer. i kinda lost lookin' for it through the rambling of the second guy. yeah in america, they used to have adds for it, but they aren't here anymore.:( so does(if you've played it) it have the same tear jerker type of plot as Kingdom Hearts? (i'm a girl if you think i'm too soft.:p )

7. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Depends on what Final Fantasy you're playing.

FFVII *is* a tear jerker.
    FFVIII isn't so much, but it's sweet to the point of saccharine. Even if it *is* my favorite of the series.
    FFX isn't really much of a tear jerker at all. Perhaps a scene or two, but none of it is so bad.

And Shenlong, I was just too lazy to scroll down. ^_^ And if you'd remember, FFVI *also* had ads. I've no idea if it was released in the UK, but it was Mog taking auditions for the monsters. Good stuff.

8. Julia

Julia New Member

alright then! i'll go for the FF2. i'm more that type of person. So what about any cute guys in FF2?

9. Amarhyllis

Amarhyllis New Member

You mean VII (7) right? Yeah, there are cute guys! There's Cloud Strife (main guy...really really hot!), Sephiroth (so called "bad guy" he's really cute!) and Vincent Valentine. To me, those are the cutest guys!
    You should also try playing Final Fantasy Tactics. Tactics is really good but more of a strategy game. (main guy Ramza's cute too!)

10. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

OK here is the answer she is probably Looking for.

If your not picky about graphics.. then i sugest you start out and get the Final Fantasy Origins for the PS and Final Fantasy Chronicles.. that way you can play the games that FF all started from..

if you dont like the graphics of the originals.. then start with Final Fantasy VII (7) .. I dont recomend playing 8 until you have played a few of the other games.. Just because the playing style of 8 is very hard to understand for a beginner.

then 9 and 10.. play them when ever.. 10 is a fun game.. not sure about 9..

HaVe fun!

KaMe

11. Firefly

Firefly New Member

I love the FFO graphics!!!! ^_____^

I played 8 first and it was easier to understand it then 7. (at least to me) :glazed:

12. Julia

Julia New Member

thanks people! now all i need is to find so money to buy the games!:sad: i don't like working!

13. Battousai

Battousai New Member

Of course FF games are good, we got our own forum don't we? :D

14. ::ZodiacStone::

::ZodiacStone:: New Member

FF7: My Favorite, best storyline, characters and so on.
    FF8: Never played it because the difficulty threw me off....:(
    FF9: I liked it except for one character. He scares me.
    FF10: Good. Not one of the best but worth playing

So out of all the one's I've played or came close to, (FF8,) I think 7 is a great one for anyone to play.

I hope you get the money soon! Don't miss out on these awesome games!:)

15. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

Well, I've only played 7 and 8. FF8 was a pain in the *** when I first played it was like WTF! because I was so used to the materia system in FF7, so the juntioning system was a new world to me. But as you play on, you get used to it and I personally prefer this system to the materia.

The game itself isn't hard, it's just 'getting through the story' routine and bump into one or two very annoying bits. So give it another try, don't relinquish so easily.

[DrunkLeprachaun: SMACK! YOU USE WORDS BADLY!!!! BAD... WORD USING... GUY!!! Abuse of power? YOU DON'T KNOW THE MEANING OF THE WORD!!! Uh, words...!!!]

16. Julia

Julia New Member

igot ff10! got money from grandma! old ppl are so usefull! i'm at the part were i finally beat the Sinspawn with seaymour(bad sp) and went to the temple at Djose(i hate that puzzle) will i ever see Rikku again? wha don't tell me i wanna find out on my own. all i have to say is I LOVE THOSE CUT SCENE GRAPHICS!

17. ::ZodiacStone::

::ZodiacStone:: New Member

God I love old people lol. :D Isn't that a wicked good game?

18. Sieghardt

Sieghardt Man With the Machine Gun

Was that character named Quina?Styhe fat chef lady was sacry.

19. Julia

Julia New Member

Oh, i beat FFX like i dunno...2-3 moths ago, and it rocked! it made me cry though at the end! Call me a wuss, but i'm a sucker for that kinda stuff!:shy3: so if i liked that, which FF should i get next? any suggestions?

20. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

Confirmation about FFX-2 (as in part 2) is coming out. I guess you can save up and wait. FF9 is said to be reasonable... but if you liked FFX that much I'd say wait for part 2 ^^

^Shen^