Debate Is the US goverment that bad

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrainReaper, Nov 18, 2004.

1. Roffey

Roffey I'm As Free As A Bird Now

You do have to "be communist" to be communist. Does Russia still operate under the premise of "From each according to his ability. To each according to his needs"? No they don't, and that's the central ideal of communism. The gov't no longer gets everything and redistibutes it, people make their own money. Ergo, Russia is not a communist nation.

2. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

truthfully, about 50% of russia lives the same ways as it did when it was communist. ergo, in my eyes, makes them still partially communist. you are what you make your gov't out to be~

3. Roffey

Communism
    A system of government in which the state plans and controls the economy and a single, often authoritarian party holds power, claiming to make progress toward a higher social order in which all goods are equally shared by the people.
    Dictionary.com

And since the state no longer exists in this form, Russia is no longer communist.

China would be communist. Or even more so, Cuba.

4. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

Uh, that's what I just said
    :confused:
    Oh
    So after the revolution they still were under zarism? certainly not. Russia has advance very much to get rid out of communism. And communists are not only in Russia you know. Communist people actually live outside Russia too, even the US.
    *Going off topic*

Isn't the US scary too? The goverment have been scaring it's people for many years. That's why they re-elected Bush, because they're scared.

5. Chance

i guess you guys cant comment on the facts i made on the state parties.....whatever. im about ready to hibernate...

naruro, as i said.....
    communism is what it is, but is still inforced by gov't leaders in certain parts of russia...though this is not extreame, it is still happening...

secondly, the u.s. gov't arnt scared of bush... noone is. you are all just lazy, and didnt decide on a real party to vote on. hell, even nader could have won....
    go vote and then complain about the "horrible" gov't.

and its czarism......not zarism.
    like i said...you dont have to be communist in whole to have communist sectors....ok...im going now.

6. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

It seems that each one will be posting 'It's good', 'No, they're evil'. Actually, the US aren't bad, it's a great country, even I've some family in The Big Apple and I'd like to go there someday. US governors just want the best for their people, but their actions affect all world.

My silly conclusion:
    Not all americans are good people
    Even some canadians aren't
    The same for french, colombians,etc.
    But, I wonder, what can we say when too many americans hate their goverment?

I just read it in the NY Times, here are two links about the actual situation for american tourists. It's a bit sad, isn't it?
    CNN International
    Going Canadian Here you can buy it if you're interested :p

7. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Jedimdo, it's not exactly a new practice...

8. Chance

where exactly do you live to judge the american nation? I'm not sure how anyone who hasnt been here, and doesnt know from first hand experiences can judge a gov't that is always criticized. hell, if everyone judged a people by the way a government appeared, american would have conquered the mexicans in the 1840's because they had a weak gov't. slavery would still be in place because noone outside of the african religions and gov't would be able to make sense of it....and the christian americans would have seen them as soulless still....and they would judge it as it once was judged....
    native americans would still be reffered to as savages and we would have driven them off and killed those who stayed behind because they had a different gov't and a different religion.

i think you need to wake up and realize that unless you know for a fact a gov't is "bad" from some sort of experience with it first hand, you need to shut up.
    judge what you know, not what you've heard.

9. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

Well, I am one that has that little first hand experience every day. And believe me, the goverment IS a pain. A little too disorganized for my point of view. Already the fact that we gave someone like Bush the chance to be elected twice just annoys the hell out of me. And thats not even related to govermental laws. Most of the things you hear are practically true.

KaiyonTormentor

10. Yossarian

Yossarian Yossarian Lives!

Truth be told, we barely have freedom of speech. Yes some things are inappropriate at certain times, but more often than not people can get arrested for things they say.so much for freedom of speech. it's still something we're fighting for. Freedom of speech is going just as fast as food, at Thanksgiving dinner.

The US government is as bad as we make it. And so far we’re doing a pretty good job of some what terminating it ourselves,with electing evil leaders.

i guess i shouldn't say we...

Last time I checked we were a democracy and, I’m looking at it now and that's slowly changing also.

in the last four years plenty of interesting things have happened. can any one point out anything good?

we may have a good life now... but what about in the future. when our children are the ones dealing with the problems that are created today?

if 51% of americans start to see more things going wrong, with bush as president can't we kick him out just as fast as we did that guy ( i cant remeber him name) before Schwarzenegger?

11. SilverBrair

SilverBrair New Member

we are a democracy. and it is slowly changing but it's some people not caring enough to do anything about it.

if we fixed the problems ... or prevented it from happening, we wouldn't have to fear for what would happen in the future to our children.

someone Define "freedom of speech" and what it means to america.

the U.S in ways have gotten better and have gone down hill... with all the job loses and the large companies going over seas. the war has also taken a toll on us. the only people who are really effected by the war are people who have some one out there in the battle field. but of cause those aren't Pro's.

12. Chance

but every country suffers losses.....
    the point to make now is if it's all the governments fault or not....think this way:
    we vote for what we want politically. we vote for economic issues, moral issues, educational issues...ect.
    we then blame it all on the government. or bush who happens to be an easy scapegoat, as well as a marionette for chainey(sp?)
    and on this cycle will continue.
    the war was a byproduct of our ideals on political issues. if you didnt like bush, why vote him in? and, even if we hadn't been attacked 9/11, we would inevitably end up in the same position 10-15 years from now, if not sooner. this war thats fought now is not new, and hasnt been for the length of half of most of your lives. the facts lie solely in when and how it was exicuted. maybe bush took us in too early...maybe too late. maybe osama was the major issue...maybe sadam. all that is certain now is that we are stuck doing this, and will be for some years...yes, years.

kat lucky~

13. SilverBrair

SilverBrair New Member

you know not of what will happen in the future ten-fifteen years from now, (if you can tell the future si well tell me where i'll be on monday at 2:30) this isn't a new battle but shouldn't it have been solved the first time? when it comes to war the third time is not the charm.

it sucks that the media in America plays such a big part in lies. :p

1 person likes this.
  14. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

And, you know, I've mellowed out a bit, after some time. No longer do I hate George W. Bush, nor do I even wish him dead. I don't like him, and I don't like the idea that he is president, but, I figure, since I can't do anything about it, why should I get upset? Why should I hate a person I've never met, who I never will meet, and who's existance will soon (within 4 years) mean little to mine?

I do still think that the American system is in need of some reformations. Specifically, removal of the Electoral College system, among others. But I honestly don't care what happens with GWB anymore. So long as he doesn't kill us all...

15. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Obviously the American Government system isn't perfect. It has lasted for over a hundred years which should count for something. There are things needed to be changed which will always happen. It is the peoples fault not the government. If you look at it in a way, Americans are the government. So there are good and bad things. Is the American government that bad? It could be worse.

1 person likes this.
  16. SilverBrair

SilverBrair New Member

Can someone please answer NeoNoodle's question? mm

17. Roffey

To answer NeoNoodle's question, only Congress can impeach a president, and then only if he breaks a law. Even when a president breaks a law, he isn't always impeached.

18. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

19. SilverBrair

SilverBrair New Member

but doesn't it all start with the people.
    they're not just going to ignore what we want like it doesn't even matter. or one would hope.

20. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

First off no president has been impeached. Nixon resigned before that could happen. It just is a fall back. People elect the person. They don't do what they are supposed to or worse. They people that are in congress kick him or her out.