Mai-HiME It ended.... (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Vatina, Apr 12, 2005.

1. Vatina

Vatina New Member

And so we see the end of another great anime :(

I thought a lot of the ending was really great, though there were also some things that annoyed me a bit. Like everyone was so quick to forgive eachother - shizuru should just say "sorry" for killing Nao's mother and Haruka, and everything was fine? :confused:

Other than that, it was nice.... so what do you think of this series now that it has ended? I really thought it was sad when Haruka died, and all the others. I think this is one of the anime's I have seen that has made me most sad while seeing it!!

2. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I don't know, I thought it to be such a great show, until I saw the end. I actually love happy endings over sad ones, but I thought all the sacrifices made and the hardships didn't mean much when all summed up.... I mean, the ending could have been different if Mai hadn't gone through what she did.. but I just don't know. I cried over nothing if I think about it. The ending seemed like a dream actually, a bit forced?

3. Badluck

Badluck New Member

The first time I saw ep. 26
    I don't think it ended too well,
    untill I watch three times and it made more since.
    I re-watch the series now, and I was surprised
    by all the stuff I missdc the first time.
    I now like the ending (and the series)
    more after re-watching it.
    I'm happy that season 2 (mai Hime: Next Stage) was be confirmed. :D
    I can't wait. In the meanwhile I'm going to re-watch
    it one more time, and see what more things I missed
    and get ready for season 2.

1 person likes this.
  4. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

I do like the ending that was shown, but i have to admit it did seem a little bit forced. I was amazed at how everyone all of a sudden forgave each other after they had tried to kill each other and their children.
    I'm also looking forward to the next season, after reading that Akira if going to be the central character this season (espesally since i always found Akira and Takumi's relationship to be the most interesting).

5. Vatina

Vatina New Member

I also found a little forced, and as mentioned the forgiving-thing was pretty unrealistic :/ I was also very dissapointed that the evil thing inside Reito proved to be nothing but a big boring..... thing.... but it was ok I guess. I have to see it again :p

The 2nd season sounds interesting. Can't wait!

Oh and Kain, I don't think it is Akira, but a new girl named Arika that the season is going to focus on. You can see her somewhere in the last episode, I have to rewatch it and see if I can find her....