Fan Art Ithilis

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Shuyin, Apr 12, 2005.

1. Shuyin

Shuyin New Member

Heres some character designs i did for one of the members on my roleplaying board. Incidently, if you want to join, ask me for the address lol :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

2 people like this.
  2. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

not bad... I like the pencil shading

3. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

Very nice. Though I hate to say that some of the proportions on this drawing are in need of fixing. Start with the hands, I recomend. ^_^

- Kaiyon

4. Nightmare

Nightmare Chaos Rules

Fantastic as I always say. But the hand needs to be worked on a lot the pinkey and the ring finger look as if there broken in some way. But other than that Great peice of artwork. :D :D

5. Feena

Feena New Member

I agree with SaberJ2X - nice pencil shading indeed =) . I also like the colours and the face. The collar of his jacket looks a bit too stiff and flat though. Also, if you're having trouble drawing hands try to simplify it as much as possible, just think about the basic shapes to start off with. Even try tracing the outlines of different hands from pictures in magazines, it can really help to give you the idea of the basic shape and size. It just takes some time.

Keep up the good work, can't wait to see more =)

6. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

It is good. Do what SaberJ2X said and keep practicing...

7. Shuyin

Shuyin New Member

Actually, those hands were pretty good for me lol :( oh well back to the drawing board.

8. Feena

Feena New Member

Please don't take any offence in what I said, you're certainly not bad at all :eek: . I just hoped that you might find the advice helpful because it's what I've been told to try out in the past and it's helped me to improve.

9. sweetasuka

sweetasuka Ahh Ice-Cream!

Hey not bad at all. You know what, for some reason it reminds me of Final Fantasy. I guess with his outfit. Well keep up the good job.

10. Shuyin

Shuyin New Member

Lol naw i didnt take offence lol, tips and helpful comments like that are good^^ And yup, i love final fantasy so i guess i get a lot of inspiration from that, as well as Yukiru Sugasaki, the manga-ka that drew DNAngel and Candidate for Goddess.

11. sapphire_deity

sapphire_deity New Member

Ah. I like the color shades as well. For some reason, I find it difficult to emphasize contrast. But oh well. Good work on this one.

12. Shuyin

Shuyin New Member

lol at school, the only thing my art teacher used to like about my work was what i could do with colouring crayons^^" It used to annoy him beacuse all i ever used to draw was Anime and Fan-Art, but then i got an A and he wasn't happy, after spending the entire year telling me that i couldn't draw^^
    By the way, are any of you guys interested in roleplaying? If you are, you are all very welcome to visit or/and join my roleplaying site. The address is
    http://s10.invisionfree.com/Agates_Link/index.php
    it'd be really nice if we could get more members^^

13. sapphire_deity

sapphire_deity New Member

What you could do with crayons is a talent. 0.o Most people find it quite hard to use colors the same way as you do, and I'm afraid that includes me. 'Tis one of the reasons I prefer pencil sketching and charcoal. Can't seem to do well with crayons.

14. coldhearted

coldhearted Queen of Randomness

Pretty good. Some of it may need a little work. But on a scale from one to ten I would give it a 9. Keep up the good work.

15. Shuyin

Shuyin New Member

Lol thankyou -blushes-

16. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

looks okay. just need to change the hand a little and the shoulder clothes part lower. looks like he's really tense and lifting his shoulders up unnaturally high. looks kinda weird. but if you lower it and maybe make the shoulders smaller, it should look good.

17. Shuyin

Shuyin New Member

lol yeah i will have a go at that thanks^^