Saber Marionette "It's good cause it twitches!"

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by BakaMattSu, Dec 3, 2003.

1. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

In Episode 4, we get a sampling of Lime's cooking "expertise".

The question Otaru asks, and what I'm asking now is "what is that?"

It's a bouncing black furry thing. Speculate here on just what it could be!

Vegetable, Animal, or Mineral? ^^

2. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

I'd go as far as to say that it's a new lifeform with the properties of all three. Why? Well, it just makes more sense.

Either that, or it was part of Hanagata's bulk.

3. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Almost looks like a giant black caterpillar...

4. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Well, first of all, she can't have cooked it or the fur would have burned off and the muscles would have been cooked (and hence essentially sieze up).

As it moves, we can pretty much rule out mineral.

That leaves animal or plant.

It's presumably an animal because while plants can have insulating "hairs", I doubt it would be at that density, and while plants can also moves, I doubt its with that much fluidity, in combination with the lack of a stable base.

Based on the size of the animal and fur, I'd hypothesize that Lime "prepared" a native rodent of some kind. It could basically be like a tribble, or perhaps it eats decomposing materials and scavanges to eat (this would not be unreasonable due to the general lack of limbs and lack of predatorial jaw structure).

OR... we know that they utilize cloning tech, right?

Perhaps they made a tribble-like lifeform which couldn't run away or fight back for an easy source of protein when they originally landed, and Lime simply forgot to prepare the creature past the "get one" stage.

5. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

maybe it's a sushi without even choppin' the fish up, lol

6. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

I think it's right.

I think SaberJ2X is right about it. See Cherry had made sushi... and sushi has the rice and the algae stuff wrapped around. So Imagine a fish stuffed with rice (I don't know how Lime made the poor fish eat that rice - yuk!) and wrapped it with the black stuff. LOL yeah seems like that. :sweat2:

Poor fish! :p hee hee i think it would have been happier with a fast death. Em... :sweat2:

7. Sen

Sen Ero-ninja

:eek: :eek: :OOOO

i was sitting around, totally bored, so i got my anime vhs and picked one: Slayers: The motion picture....and guess what!!!! those twiching bastards are also in there!!!! Nagha summons them! check the attachments...

anyways, this doesnt answer the question, but at least is something :sweat2:

Attached Files:

8. Lime

Lime Claude ish MY honey ^.^

S-SEE!! ^^ I. Raimu. While in the other room, summoned one from the greattttt BEYONDDD! AND! Yeha. oo;

I'm trying here. ._.

9. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Actually, it just might. Naga summons sea cucumbers in that scene, and they do look very much like "it". Although, they're noisy in Slayers, and the one Lime brings out is silent.

BTW Lime, this was my "it" thread I tried linking earlier...

10. Novus

Novus Gone

Sea cucumbers also spit out some kind of goo when they are touched or feel threatened. Also, I think they're brown or green or something, and not really covered in hair.
    My theory is that it's a hamster with its eyes closed, just flopping around. OF course, I'm always just looking for an excuse to say hamster.

11. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Ah, but the "common sea cucumber" is also sometimes called the "hairy sea cucumber". Keep in mind this is Terra II and not Earth, so it could be anything, but it also could be an alien version of cucumber.

Further, in animation, not everything is drawn to its correct look - take the Tasmanian Devil of Looney Tunes fame for an example.

The fact that very similar drawings are featured on other anime, strengthens the thought that it may be an uncooked sea cucumber, flopping around on that plate. Sea cucumber is eaten in oriental cuisine as well - Hamster wasn't, last I checked.

12. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

I think we should ask the author asking him what is it. But... If he only spoke english! :(

13. Sen

Sen Ero-ninja

yes! sea cucumbers, dont know what they are, but its definitly what Lime cooked, im so sure i'd bet my life :p

14. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Well, it is kind of cubical right, maybe she made Jello, stuck something twitchy in it, and covered it in hair... Wow that sounds weak, but it is cubical, and it reminded me of Jello gone horribly wrong.