Recreation it's importment

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Project191, Feb 27, 2002.

?

yes or no(joke forum)

1. yes

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. no

9 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. Project191

Project191 Black Wind

do u want a joke forum post yes or no???

2. Lady Aoi

Lady Aoi Princess of Shirataki

Heeee! A toy! A toy!

Personally, I believe anime and manga to be the work of the Devil. I can site several passages from the Bible, the Apocrypha, and Reverend Jerry Springer to prove this. Anime and Manga corrupt young children's minds by presenting them with big-eyed characters and hypnotic flashing backgrounds. IT was no mistake, I tell you, that the certain episode of the animated "Pokaman" or whatever it is called caused eplileptic "siezures" in children. So far from being seizures, these were actually demonic posessions. Pikachu is actually a shortened form of the demon name "Pikachael", the dark angel of lies, fornication, and foul-smelling feet. HE is mentioned in Milton's Paradise Lost (Book X1V) as well the Necromicon as a powerful Fallen Angel whose task it is to tempt children with bright flashing lights! Remember! "When the Devil tries to tempt us he appears as an Angel of Light"! (I don't know where in the Bible this comes from, but maybe Rev. Springer knows).

Aside from the eyes and the lights, however, anime and manga corrupt the very moral basis upon which Society was built. IT teaches our children that it is okay and "cool" to disobey ones elders (Saber Marionette J), dye ones hair an unnatural color (Sailor Moon), practice witch craft (Digimon) and fight duels for the posession of a woman after pulling a sword out of her chest (Utena). It is only the efforts of such people as the good Reverend and myself that have kept anime and manga from detrementally influencing the hearts and minds of youngsters who, of course, as innocents, have no capacity to reason anything out for themselves.

~ Lady Aoi: I hope about one sentence into this 'rant' that everyone realized it was a big #$%^ing joke *L*.

3. Lime

Lime Claude ish MY honey ^.^

I didnt really know WHAT to vote for on this one. I guess yes, but then again, I think there is way to many boards already...

4. Ardis

Ardis New Member

This is a place devoted to the Art of Manga and Animes. Why would one want a joke form? And lady, your "rant" is quite funny. I still don't understand why po-key-man is considered Anime, sure it originated in Japan, but from what I have seen of it, it lacks the high quality animations, excellent music, and quite possible a story to support it. Then again I don’t think too highly of Bandai’s spin off either.

I only saw digimon, because fox had Escaflonwe (A ungodly edited version) coming after it.

5. Lady Aoi

Lady Aoi Princess of Shirataki

why thank ye ^^

Does anyone remember a little page called antianime.pitas.com? IT's gone now, but it was actually some... site thing that was against Anime. I used a few of their arguments for my um... sermon? *L* Oh the things I get up to when bored at work.

~ Lady Aoi

6. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

Yes!

Yes, of course i'd like a joke forum! You can never have enough forums in a place like m2a! I mean, up until a while ago, we didn't have alot of these forums! Personally, well, let's let sleeping 'mon lie, in the words of GNZ.

7. GoT RiCe

GoT RiCe New Member

What kind of Joke forum were you thinking about?

8. Sachiko

Sachiko happy SMJ shoujo ^_^

Joke, eh?? But there's gotta be a rule! Since this site is MANGA and ANIME, then the jokes has to be about anime! Um...actually... then there's no point of the forum.. I mean, you could make jokes on the Anime forum *thinks* Let's have a joke forum! ^_____^

9. Ardis

Ardis New Member

The plot thickens, with only eight members voting and half for and half against. That aside, if there were to be a joke form, were wouldst the boundaries lie? And would Monty Python humor would be accepted...

10. Meaikoh

Why not just put me and GNZ as moderators and you already have a joke! (j.k) I'd like a joke forum because it's place for posts just like Lady Aoi's rant up there! I rant enough where i'm not supposed to and try to tone it down, it'd be nice to have a place where I'm supposed to rant!

11. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

You calling me a joker? Are you calling me a joker? I'm like a joker how, do I amuse you? You saying I'm some painted-faced, green-haired, purple-suited comic book villain sent here to spray you with laughing gas while a winged rodent and his pet bird throw cheap stage punches at me?

I could have laced this post with a few cheap shots on a few of our members, but I'll thank you to notice that I didn't.

Seriously, though, how is a joke forum necessary? There are thousands of websites out there that could better serve this purpose.

Oi! I've gone hypernegative again! I've cut out the worst part ... Nothing to see here ... move along.

12. GenericHero5

GenericHero5 All Ska Super Star

I say yes jokes they make ppl laugh

*snaps out of idiot mode*

Anywhoo Im up for a Joke Forum i got a lot of em (especially blonde jokes, sorry)

13. Meaikoh

That gets me every time. Goodfellows, wah!
    See, see! A joke forum would be good. Although there are so many sites out there for jokes.

14. Energizer Bunny

Energizer Bunny i wuv you

well dont get me wrong im not against joking around *laughter makes the world go round* but a joke forum? we have got so many forums already and i have to agree with gnz in saying there are TONS of sites out there for jokes...but ya know who cares abot my opinion anyway!

15. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Do we really need a joke forum? I mean we can put jokes in the misc forum if we really need to... and some jokes can get rather dirty so moderating them would be trouble too ya know... It would be cool if there was one with just anime jokes but you can just post those in the forum of that anime >_<

16. TamaKameKami

TamaKameKami Lord Tama

i don't think we really need a joke forum lik everyone else said if its anime related you can just post in the anime forum or anyother furon that it would fit in.......

17. Meaikoh

Well, I'm convinced. I guess we'll use the misc forum.

18. Project191

Project191 Black Wind

will the answer will be no i guess so.

so plz one of the co-mod of misc delete this topic.