J-Pop J pop question

Discussion in 'Music' started by Mad_Hamish, Sep 1, 2002.

1. Mad_Hamish

Mad_Hamish New Member

Now, I hold J pop in the same light as western pop i.e. 99.99% a steaming pile of crap.

But I've encountered people that hold it in far higher regard than western pop. I was wondering why that is?

2. Inu-Girl

Inu-Girl New Member

I personally like J-Pop since there are so many poplular people (aren't there?) so there's like a huge veriaty. Mini Moni is to cute, hehehe...

3. Kyo_Masaki

Kyo_Masaki New Member

Good question o_O

I'm a huge J-pop and Eurobeat fan myself. Most of the J-pop I do listen to has at least some techno feel to it, EG: Move, Two Mix, Speed. I don't listen to much J-pop if it doesn't have some aspect of techno or electronica. A few exceptions of course >.>

Plus most J-pop isn't about image like western pop music is -.-;

AND theres a bigger mix of J-pop, what Inu said basically :p

thats what I think anyway >.>

4. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

I just think that I've been listening to so much english lyrics that J-pop sounds so much better now. Plus, Ayumi's J-pop! Do not take away my Ayumi-chan!!! :D

5. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

Hmm, I don't like all J-Pop. Well, it might sound stupid, but I like it partly just because it's japanese. Usualy the j-pop songs I listen to are from animes I like and stuff, so I like them because they remind me of them. Also, most of them have a kick *** 80s style guitar solo that's usualy really out of place, can't beat that. But I understand why you wouldn't like it.

6. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

It could be that J-pop KICKS ARSE!!! (k, that was a bad reason)

But J-pop has a lot of great elements to it, I find that it is more fast paced and jumpy than english pop and gets me energized. It could be the Japanese language as well, I find it that Japanese words flow together... and this is noticable in songs too. Also as anime fans a lot of us can identify(if that's the word I'm looking for ><) to most of it too, like the music sung by Megumi Hayashibara (Lime from SMJ, Lina from Slayers, etc, etc).

edit: oh, oh... forgot to mention... and if a song has crappy lyrics like "oops I did it again" and I'm sorry if I offend any BS fans, you can't really tell unless you know Japanese fluently, so well for me I concentrate more on the rhythm and how the singer sounds for J-pop music. As in English pop I concentrate on "oops I did it again" >< which I really don't want to concentrate on.....

7. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

simply said, because i can't understand a damn word of it. and i like it like that.

8. Sachiko

Sachiko happy SMJ shoujo ^_^

Well, I like J-Pop far more than western pop!! Acutally, that goes for Oriental pops (ex chinese, korean, etc). They just sound better to my hears! The melodies and singers sound sweeter and cuter and better. And sometimes, American pops' lyrics are just wackos. J pop all the way ^__^ Ayumi and Megumi fan here! If I have anymore to say, I'll do that later..