Recreation Jobs.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hyoga, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Hyoga

Hyoga New Member

Well I was wondering where some of you guys work at? I work at a Taco Bell and it sucks. I'm quitting though 'cause I got a new job at a pizza place. They pay better and you do less work. LOL.

2. shinigami

shinigami The Dark Prince

i still have the same job for about six years now i hav eto do or help do three or more jobs
    i dish wash,cook,prep cook,help with some maintance and other things very fun:rolleyes:

3. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

I work in the deli department at a Safeway, as of July 15th 2004. I'm currently making CAN$10.40 an hour.

4. Samurai Me

Samurai Me New Member

I am self employed with my father. We work upon the Tidal flats on the coast of maine looking for sandworms. I make about 50 to 60 dollars a day.

5. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

Um, I don't work and my daddy spoils me. ;3 My last job was Hot Topic and to be honest, that place is the stupidest place to work ever seeing that all people do is walk in, steal buttons and ***** about how SlipKnot is their god.

X.x Look, I don't like goth kids. I don't like SlipKnot. I don't like yaoi, yuri, FMA, or Inu Yasha. I don't like HIM, the muppets, Rainbow Bright, Care Bears, Skulls, plaid skirts, goth ***** corsets, lolitta boots or Napolean Dynomite. SO... Working there was horrible. All people do is quote that damn movie, and tell me how cute my hair looked. =/

6. Hyoga

Hyoga New Member

It looks like you had fun LOL.

7. Samurai Me

Samurai Me New Member

Well no one really likes there jobs. I love mine, its not what I want to do for the rest of my life but until I find something I want to do this is it. Until you find a job you love or a career you want to do, you must first have some measure of employment until then. You may not have liked that job, but you still made money.

8. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

I'm currently working in a company called Concept Design Partnership, or CDP Architects for short, as an architectural technican. Its a good job espesally since its what i've been studing for in college all these years. It can be a bit boring when i have no work to do, as i'm never really given the same amount of jobs as the other Architects and Technicans, but this is probably due to the fact that i'm still in college, its propbably why i don't make as much as the others.

9. LilyRose

LilyRose Pocky Junkie

I don't work, I play.

Or if I'm honest I stress over 12 bl***y GCSEs *_*

10. KaYasha

KaYasha I'm Boelak Yrubron

My Summer Job is a lifeguard at the Walton Aquatic Center. Yeah, being a minor and all I only suppost to work 8 hours in a day.. I have worked 10 1/2 . Fun... I love sitting for an entire day out in 100+ Weather, yelling at kids " Get off the ropes, use the ladder, Walk," all day.. and usually the same kids. I am probably going to get skin cancer. :)

11. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

i format patent applications now. not a government thing, it's outsourced to us from some place in penn.

word of advice if you submit a patent:

SPELL CHECK! (and don't let your layer stamp it, or put your addy on everypage, or leave the freaking line numbers in...dear god, just...take those bastards out >.>)

and consistant indenting...oh god...

though, it's easy, i can listen to music/tv all day (portable dvd player ftw) and after i do 1370 pages, i get paid by the page. though, i'm still new-ish, so i'm still a bit slow.

(also, if someone knows a good web listing for genus/species stuff, i'd appreciate it alot >.> am willing to print that unholy list...if it helps me and is better organized than our non-alphabetized list, i'll be happy. ;-;)

12. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

I work for the US Navy. I'm a reactor mechanic on the USS Carl Vinson (it's an aircraft carrier), which means I spend all day in the reactor plant working on equipment. Everyday is kinda like driving a nail through your foot. I wanna go to college... The Nav has me for 2 more years (as of July first :3 ).

~W

13. Iya

Iya HIP ATTACK!

I babysit.
    Not what some people would call a "real" job but you work and you get paid.
    And sometimes it can be really challenging.
    But I'm thinking of applying for a job at Borders or some bookstore.
    Or possibly a library.

14. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

-_- Fun? Fun is having people make new holes in my body to better rape me. Compared to being stuck with Trisha Starr [the chick I worked with who's real name was tabitha] and the gang. I think they were paid just for how freaky they looked. I have pictures somewhere, I'll dig 'em up.

*coughs* My dad wanted me to grab a job in the Disney store, but I am not old enough to work in the mall we live by now. Blah. **** it. With roommates working, and family beboping, what do I care? All I eat is Ramen anyway and that's the cheapest food known to people on god's green earth.

Note: I am the quiet, morbid and slightly dark girl. But I dress like anyone else. Hollister=Love.

15. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

actually, yes hot topic does hire based on looks. they want the store to have a certain "look" so they hire based on that. i knew 50% of the people that got hired on to ours when it opened here. and talked to one the entire way through his hiring.

Iya, i used to work for a bookstore. it can be fun and challenging. there's something about scavenger hunting that's just fun. (was at B. Dalton's (<3) and 1 month at Barne's & Nobles...gossipy angry people make me mad >.>) though, you'll wind up buying alot >.>;; hehe but it's lots fun as far as retail goes. (you get some stupid people, but you usually get the strange and neat people more....and the elderly o_O which can be funny)

16. Samurai Me

Samurai Me New Member

Working in a book store sounds really fun.....but not what I would do. Im a kind of person that has got to be outdoors. Like the job I have now. gotta be out doors.