Japanese [Joi Ito] Movie technical advisor - The Negotiator

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bijin, Oct 12, 2004.

1. Bijin

Bijin boards.jp Bot

I've agreed to be the technical advisor for a movie currently in production called The Negotiator / Mashita Masayoshi. It's the third movie in a series which started as a TV series and was followed with two movies called Odoru Dai Sousasen or Bayside Shakedown. In the first two movies, Ujiie-san from Infoseek Japan helped out a bit and in exchange they used Infoseek in the movie and had an Infoseek.co.jp sticker on the hero's computer. The third movie doesn't have the sames stars as Bayside Shakedown, but has a pretty big role for the computer team.

The series is about the police force based in Tokyo Bay. The characters are quite fun and I've always enjoyed the series. I am excited to be working with this excellent team. In the past they've always done little things to get a cult following. Cool stickers, realistic technology, etc.

The story is about a negotiator for the police and a very technically sophisticated bad guy. The movie comes out during Golden Week next year. I don't think they have plans for US release.

My job will be to help them find images, software and ideas to try to make the movie realistic from a computer network and technology perspective. I've just set up a wiki page. Guess why? Because, I need help from all of you. ;-)

Japanese press conference for movie

Comment - TrackBack

http://joi.ito.com/archives/2004/10/08/movie_technical_advisor_the_negotiator.html