Fan Art Kagome WIP

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Kagome's Arrow, Sep 7, 2004.

1. Kagome's Arrow

Kagome's Arrow Princess of Unicorns

Hmm, let's see, Kagome's Arrow is posting in a fanart thread.. I wonder who her subject will be ^_^.

Anyway, this is just a quick sketch, but I'd appreciate some feedback so I can attempt to improve it and possibly CG it (my first CG! YAY! ^_^) once it's complete. Thanks in advance!!

Attached Files:

2. Infinitlyfinite

Infinitlyfinite New Member

It shows the basic human form as well as certain specific features(I assume) of that object being drawn. It might need more of a trend toward the ideals of that object, more elaboration on the identifying features or a correction of them. That is assuming that a correction is necessary.

3. Kos-Mos

Kos-Mos New Member

:dizzy2: :dizzy2:
    What was that?

Anyway, I like it. I looks like Kagome, and it also has an originality to it aswell. Very good job.

4. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Maybe he's saying she needs larger breasts and nicer legs??

anyways Kagome's Arrow, it's really cute, her hands look too small though. Maybe find an image with similar hand position and draw from that to help you out? I agree with Kos on the originality; the way you drew the eyes is interesting and works.

5. Infinitlyfinite

Infinitlyfinite New Member

That could be an interpretation of what I said. I was hoping my words would only give some sort of guidance, while at the same time not confining the ideals that work could be conveying. I apologize if my words were offensive.

6. Kagome's Arrow

Not at all, you just have such an advanced vocabulary! ^_^ It took me two viewings to even grasp what exactly you were referring to, but thanks to everyone for their comments! Yea, I know the legs look a little mangled, but there's no reason not to pretend she got run over by a runaway tractor? Hah, but in all seriousness, I'll try to improve on her legs/breasts/hands etc. and post the revised version shortly. Thanks again!!

7. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I think it's interesting the mark appeared in the scan and you drew so close to it. What kind of paper is 'Eaton's'? looks expensive.

8. Iya

Iya HIP ATTACK!

I agree.
    The hands are kind of small but I like the eyes too.
    And the neck is a little long.
    Sorry if I sound too harsh.
    I like the uniform and hair though.
    Good job!!

9. sweetasuka

sweetasuka Ahh Ice-Cream!

you did very good on the hair and head. the hands are a bit small, and the shoulders can be fixed up a bit. The hands are a bit harder then the other stuff to me so I know whats its like to not get them right. I had many a correction for them :p but other then that its really good. It sure does look like Kagome to me :)

10. Insane_Phantasy

Insane_Phantasy New Member

Hey, well I like the pic but as others have said, her hands are a bit small. and here is a suggestion: you should try drawing the feet, because I can tell you obviously dont like to but believe me even if your feet look crappy (like mine do) you shoudl still do it because it looks a lot better than just having the legs hang out the bottom of the pic... any way just a seuggestion and keep up the good work!

11. toeskater91

toeskater91 New Member

i find it a good pic but i do not think it is finished.
    i believe maybe you could add some more details but that is my idea
    like it though
    keep up the good work

12. Kagome's Arrow

Yeah, so 6 months later (in which my non-existent drawing skills haven't improved at all, I'm ashamed to say), I took one glance at this, shuddered a bit, collapsed to the ground, convulsed for awhile, and basically did an abysmal imitation of the worm (or, due to my athletic impairment, the inchworm), and I decided to undertake a new project.

Kagome WIP V.2!!!!!

I'd definitely appreciate some feedback on this one, and please disregard all the peculiar black shadows (my scanner's a defective hybrid - judging by the abundance of shadows, probably the result of a forbidden tryst between a lousy scanner and a fingerprinting kit. Oh, the romance of technology...).

Thanks ^_^

Attached Files:

13. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Both are actually really good. I call attention to my non-existant drawing skills. Actually, I picked up a book a while back, (borrowed it from the library) that was basically "How to draw Shoujo manga." I wanted to draw Cherry. Well, it didn't really turn out that well. I got the outline of her face started, then got upsaet about how it didn't look right (I'm a bit of a perfectionist), and left the paper on the floor of my room until I returned the book. :p

So, compared to my artwork, yours is, like, 'teh ULTIMATE.' Compared to others... well, I'd still say it looks pretty good. I'd rate it about average for BJP. (That's 7/10 anywhere else)

14. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

Nice, Kagome's Arrow. It's a 3.5 over 5

And a useful comment ^_^, you should fix the lines over her front, unless she's flat-chested :p

15. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

It looks great, but there's something bothering me about the eyes. Besides that it looks great.

-Kaiyon

16. Feena

Feena New Member

*Pats you on the head* Silly ^_^

Nice pic, you've improved since you were last here. Couple of things though; the placement of her head on the neck is too far forward and the neck is a bit too long. Also, if you're drawing somebody's face from a slight side view like that imo it'll look much better if you have a little indent in the outline of the face beside the eye...if you know what I mean, it's hard to explain. Look at the outline of your own face and you'll see that it shouldn't have such straight lines. It could just be a difference in style, but it helps the picture to look more realistic.

Anyways, cool stuff (Also,Welcome back!!!)

17. Keon

Keon New Member

i agree it looks good

18. sapphire_deity

sapphire_deity New Member

It appears fine to me as well. You've improved, all the better. In the future, you might like to draw using other styles such as the shading and all. Also, I suggest you practice drawing head angles, et cetera to further improve yourself. But anyway, you are doing good. Just remember to practice always as it really helps hone drawing skills.

I have several drawings with me. But they're off a friend, which was an obvious fan of the Sesshoumaru - Kagome pairing.

Attached Files:

19. vonniesmile

vonniesmile New Member

wow :eek: that is awesome the little dolls are adorable and the sesshoumaru looks great.

20. sapphire_deity

sapphire_deity New Member

I found the dolls unique and lovely too. =p