Current Affairs Kanye West says:

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sabrina, Sep 18, 2005.

1. Sabrina

Sabrina New Member

On nation tv the other day, Kanye West actually said, "George Bush doesn't care about black people," referring to the Hurricane Katrina issues. I find this hilarious because I'm not a big fan of Kanye West.
    -S

2. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Mike Myers and Chris Tucker were also there, and they both just had these "WTF" expressions on their faces.

3. Hacker

Hacker ~Richie Rich~

I like Kanye. What he said was kinda off topic.... I wonder if Bush likes asian peoples ^____^ j/k What he said could create a whole new conspearicy *oh great*. But it did take them long to help peoples down in Lousiana, when it didn't take as long as when they went to Asia...a whole other continent.

4. Jackabee

Jackabee Captain Jackabee Sparrow

How long did it take the U.S. to respond to the tsunami?

5. Yossarian

Yossarian Yossarian Lives!

5 seconds.

i don't completely agree with Kanye's statement. but in some ways i do. it just seems like it wouldn't have taken half as long had it been whites.

6. Jackabee

Proof that Jackabee doesn't know anything of the modern world: Who is Kanye West?
    An article in last week's newsweek titled "How Bush Blew It" really got me annoyed. Bush was on vacation when the hurricane struck... he didn't even know how bad it was. I mean I don't have a T.V., but what the hell is his excuse? He's the President of the U.S. and he doesn't even bother to keep up with what's going on.
    Also it's not just the people in New Orleans and Biloxi. So many of the little towns are being ignored.
    "So Desperate"

7. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Jackabee: It wasn't the federal governments responsibility to respond regardless. There had to be a period to see if the state government could handle it.

8. Jackabee

So was the period of time "to see if the state government could handle it." the same with each hurricane? I still think that the feds should have a better idea of what is going on, that way when they do have to step in, they are prepared. Did they honestly believe that Louisiana is more likely to have the funds and resources as opposed to Florida? Just a thought.