Kaoru or Tomoe?

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by *Fabee*, Oct 19, 2001.

?

Karou or Tomoe?

1. Karou *Tomoe WAS, Karou NOW*

27 vote(s)
    51.9%
  2. Tomoe *She had grabs on him 1st!*

19 vote(s)
    36.5%
  3. Can't he be a 2-timer? *They both are Kenshin's love*

6 vote(s)
    11.5%
  1. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

the third answer according to the manga is closest. he loved Tomoe very much and was quite upset by the fact that he killed her... remember that scare is very unusual and would probably dissappear within about a year...*had one myself thanks to my ex-g/f* *not joking at all* being so unusual its something that wouldnt last long however even after 10 years its still very deep and promonent....and as for Kaoru he admits his love for her quite a few times...

2. SLCpunk

SLCpunk New Member

I think....

I think that Tomoe is in the past though i must admit that Kenshin would prefer her if she wasnt dead... even thought i would like to see Kenshin and Kaoru together i think that Tomoe would be the one he choose cuz you can see on the series that he loved her alot :rolleyes: :sad:

3. Hitokiri_Gensai

well he does eventually move on and Tomoe smiles within him once again and the scar that haunted him and reminded him of the terrible secrets of his past fades...

4. Kenshinslover

Kenshinslover New Member

tomoe or kauru

i think tomoe is kenshins true love but at the end i think that tomoe wants kenshin to be happy and i think she would want kelnshin to be with kauru:eek:

5. Hitokiri_Gensai

hmmmmmm possibly oh btw is Kaoru...anyway after he leaves Rakujinmura he has a dream where she comes to him and says please wake up for the one you love is waitng for you...

6. DistantSamurai

DistantSamurai New Member

OK my fav is Tomoe and i think if Tomoe never died then Kenshin would still be with her...she was the one that taught him human warmth! if it wasn't for her than Kenshin wouldn't be the sweet kenshin we know he would still be Battousai...and she died for him!...well i guess Koaru would too but...still i think Kenshin and Tomoe are a better match for his personality than Kaoru is.

7. Kenshinslover

Kenshinslover New Member

i agree with samurai...in love stories the one that loses the one he loves he never loves again and that makes him so loveable...thats what i think...

8. Alucard666

Alucard666 New Member

i think that the ova kenshin and the series kenshin are different people almost. like personality wise, like in the ovas he was the serious killer guy, so tomoe fit him and thats why i chose her. but in the series hes less serious, yall know what i mean? i havent seen all of them, but from what ive seen hes more nice. its hard to explain, but thats where kaoru fits in with him. so it depends which kenshin your trying with.

9. Hitokiri_Gensai

yeah thats very true probably the best reason ive heard. in one of Iizuka-sans reports of Katsura he states that Battousai's sword has been dull lately probably because of that women *Tomoe*

10. DistantSamurai

Yeah...not that Kaoru isn't great and all but Tomoe beats her out by a mile + a billion....haha...

11. Hitokiri_Gensai

Tomoe has an elagence to her while as Kaoru...well she a bit different... ^_^x;; not that theres anything wrong with a women kondoka but well she just hasnt got what Tomoe had ^_^x;

12. DistantSamurai

definately theres elegance, grace, politeness, respect and soooo much more that Tomoe excemplifies...perfect for Kenshin....

13. Hitokiri_Gensai

quite. Kaoru is nice and all but i dunno just something makes me think that shes not quite right for Kenshin...

14. DistantSamurai

me too! She just is sooo...unlady like...she is quite the opposite of me...only the only thing that me adn ehr ahve in common is...well not really that much except we both study a form of swordsmanship...and she hits him!! Tomoe and Kenshin would ahve a real and serious relationship...

15. Inu-loves-Kago

Inu-loves-Kago New Member

Go Kaoru! I never really knew Tomoe but I doubt I would like her. I tend to like the one I saw first. Or maybe even seeing how he was with Tomoe I would still like Kaoru. I heard that they were pretty close.

Rejoice though cause I heard that they were gonna pass Samurai X on the new Anime Network channel and that's Kenshin and Tomoe for all those Kenshin/Tomoe couple fans.

But I still like Rurouni Kenshin better cause he ends up with Karou and has a son with her.

16. lilmizkong

lilmizkong New Member

I have to vote Kaoru.... she's great... you know, she's funny and she teach swords.. she's really great. I liek her.

17. UFOtaku

UFOtaku Wachu loorkin at?!

I'm a little late, but I'd have to say Tomoe. Thier relationship was kinda sweet and quiet. Kenshin and Kaoru are like a loud happy kinda love. After Tomoe, you know, I just.... yeah. But then again Kenshin was all depressed for about 10 years, until he changed his way of life.

Though he did fall in love again... I don't blame him, he should live his life. But it'll just never be the same!! *wahness* :sad:

18. Fushigi Rockna

I think kenshin should be wiht Tomoe (if she lived).

Why?

Think of it this way, which would you rather wnat? A nice, quiet woman who may have been mistaken for a sult a couple times and loves you even though you killed her previous fiancee, who is also your age OR a girl that's ten years younger than you, has a terrible temper, beats on ya from time ta time, terrible cooking skills and well... ya know where I'm going here.

Screw the in-laws, just kill them! Except Enishi... keep Enishi... send him off where females like me can use him for breeding stock. :D

19. quietstorm007

quietstorm007 New Member

I personally don't like Kaoru even though she and Kenshin do make an interesting couple. However after watching the OVA's, I'd put my vote on Tomoe. Yes, she did want him dead at first for killing Akira. But eventually, she develops an unconditional love for him. It was from that very same love, she goes against her brother, Enishi's wishes to kill that hitokiri (Kenshin), return home with him (Enishi [well...something like that. I'll have to watch the OVA's again to get my facts straight]) and she sacrifices her own life for Kenshin. That's love man (I honestly don't know if I'd do that for some guy I was with for half a year).

20. Kos-Mos

Kos-Mos New Member

Deffinatly Karou(sp). Karou is the best because she knows how to handle him the best.