Computers kazoom replacement?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Stos, Mar 5, 2003.

1. Stos

Stos New Member

Does anybody know of a kazoom replacement. The reason I want a different kind of like kazoom program is cus kazoom has pop up ads on even when it is off. Does anybody know of a good replacement that does not show pop up ads while the program is off?
    I was not sure if I should have asked this on the thread talking about kazoom or make a new thread. So if you mods want to combine this question with that thread and throw this thread away, feel free.

2. Stos

Stos New Member

If nobody knows what kazoom is, here is a link to the thread where we talked about it. http://www.mangatoanime.com/manga/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4922
    I just want to know if there is a program just like it but that does show pop up ads when it is off. The program can show all the pop up ads it wants, if it is on, but not while it is off. That is just ridiclous. I am the only one that feels this way about kazoom?

3. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Look on Google for K++. That gives you the entire package you need for the very best Kazaa Lite experience, ad free.

4. Stos

Stos New Member

Hey Neph, do you have to have kazaa installed with K++ (aka kazaa lite) for it to work? Also I trying to put in a username for kazaa lite and it keeps on saying put in a valid email address than if I put an email address in the username part it says some of the characters that I used are not valid. How do I put in a valid username for kazaa lite? Or is K++ and kazaa lite two different programs? Any help here would be appeciated.

5. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

K++ is more like a software bundle. Just download, run, and it takes care of everything for you.

6. Stos

Stos New Member

So K++ and kazaa lite are not one in the same? They are two different programs? Either way, does K++ work with kazaa like kazoom did or is it it's own downloading program?
    Just to tell you when I go to sites with K++ it comes up wth kazaa lite. But I will keep looking for K++.

7. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

K++ is a software package which is basically kazaa lite and many extra add-ons to improve functionality

http://kazaa.infos-du-net.com/ will give you the link. It does say Kazaa Lite, but notice the "K++ Edition".

8. Stos

Stos New Member

Yea that is the site where I downloading it before. I downloaded it and installed it while still having (regular) kazaa still installed. Than after I saw it was it's own program, I uninstalled kazaa and kept K++. Before I rebooted my PC, I saw that both of the My Shared Folders that were on the desktop were gone. I just figured, oh well, I can always just go to the folder that is in the C Drive. I rebooted, than K++ wanted me to put in a username before I started the program. I tried to and it would not let me (see above post). Anyway I just pushed cancel. Than I saw my downloads were not working and that I could not change how many downloads I can upload and download w/o having a username, so I uninstalled it.
    Well I guess I can now restart my PC and re install K++ and see if it works this time. Did you ever enoucnter this kind of problem, Neph? Do you think it will let put in an username this time and than be able to change the options?
    Thanks for the help/advice so far. :)

9. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

I've never had any problem like that!:eek:

Just put in Stos or something? I never had to even put in a username... mine is, of course, Nephilim_X.