Recreation KH avatars

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Luffy, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Luffy

Luffy I Can See A New Horizon

i duno its just a thing used so you can extract files and it closes the file thingee so that you have to extract them

2. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Zipping one-one-a-site.

It's easy really, especially for this type of file.

Get all the pictures of the avatars that you're going to give to Cloud all in one separate folder, name it whatever you want.

Then, right click on that folder, highlight 'Send To..', and then click on 'Compressed'.

Usually the compressed folder ends up on the same place where your original is at, or in most cases, in your desktop. Same name, but may have a .zip added, and the folder has a zipper (go figure :p).

Then, to send it to Cloud, you have to host it.

I use www.yousendit.com for this type of thing.

Go to that site, then click on 'Browse', and choose the zipped folder, click ok. It may ask you for your E-Mail, so the link can be sent to you in case you loose it somehow.

After that, just give Cloud the link that you get, which has the file hosted in it, just like you would host a separate picture in ImageShack or Photobucket, but this is for bigger files.

Again, the link you give to Cloud, and all he has to do is download the folder, and upload the images into the BJP server.

*whew*

Hopefuly this was of help.

-Seishin

3. Fushigi Rockna

Ya might wanna tell them that they need the PROGRAM winzip then Sei-kun, and while you're at it, where they can find a FREE version of the program, since the main site is trying to make ya pay for it.
    (there are places where free versions exist, cause I've downloaded it before for free, but I need it for THIS computer and i can't find a free version D: )
    Also, you can atach zip files onto your posts ya know, like you do pictures.

Cloud, if I made some say...Yuugiou avatars or avatars of other animes, would they be able to become part of the database?

4. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Wrong, Windows can automatically compress a folder. XP at least. So if you're not on that, or luck isn't on you, I guess you can go to....aha!

www.download.com

Don't worry, it's not illegal.

Just search for Win Zip, and viola! download it, and you're good to go!

-Seishin

5. Fushigi Rockna

Only XP must have it then, cause I'm on 98 and I DON'T have it. :/
    Now that I think about it winzip was always kinda just been THERE on my computer at dad's...(it's XP)

w00t! I gots it! o.o Finally!

6. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Meh. I'll do it and fix things. Maybe add more in. I am a little board tonight. Plus I have not done any work with PS in a while.

Edit. Done. You should be able to get the Zip from Here

I added some more. Pretty much what Lance wanted.

7. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

I personally rather winrar. It's compression ratio is bigger than winzip :)

8. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Cloud Requested that we use ZIP though (I'm a big fan of ACE formats anyway).

Anywho, as promised here are 43 custom Kingdom Hearts Avatars (well, 42 custom and one I just found off the web). They should all be 64x64, and a few are GIFs (with transparent effects, ftw), so we'll see how they turn out. Everyone enjoy and I'll submit these ones up to Cloud as well.

Oh, and just so you guys know, if the filesize is less than 100k BJP will host it as long as you add it as an attatchment.

~W

:Edit: Sorry about the multiple Zips but online storage is a pain and for some reason I can't find Cloud's E-mail Address, so I broke down the Avvys into four Zips you all can download and view at your discresion. I'll fwd Cloud this post and we'll see if he approves them!

Attached Files:

9. Luffy

Would Could be able to unzip these becasue its been a while and they still haven't been added so I was just wondering

10. Luffy

Umm sorry for double post but Can these work or do they have to be re zipped?PM or post here so I can stop wondering about it :p

11. Fushigi Rockna

Out of curiousity, and I don't mean to nag or anything but...are these ever gonna be uploaded to the database? Are the ones I posted in the feedback forum ever going to be as well? I know it takes time and whatnot, but it sometimes feels more like we're being ignored or something. D: I didn't even get a reply from cloud-pappy in my avatar thread, which makes me feel they either suck or he hasn't seen it yet...

12. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

i gots no idea how to do it, and matt and cloud would have to. cloud is on randomlmy, and he gets his pm (he just had a kid a while ago, he's busy lol). so, i'd say just pm them both (prolly a good idea to through the thread links in there too) and something should happen then. *^-^*;;

dear lord...that's corny sounding though >.>

13. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm doing it today - sorry for the BIG BIG delay :D /me wakes up

14. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

Alrighty! I renamed a few and made some < 64 = 64 but they're up :)

15. Luffy

Hooray! Thank you Cloud!

16. Fushigi Rockna

Thanks Cloud. :3

Later, I'll have to show you my avatar thread. XDD