Video Games (KH) Sooner than we thought....

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kos-Mos, Nov 23, 2003.

1. Kos-Mos

Kos-Mos New Member

Ok. Hi everybody.
    Now, I know we all know that the Kingdom Hearts 2: Chain of Memories(sp) has been announced and will soon be hitting the market in 2004! For everyone I know, this is really good news.
    I've read a review about it and It's all good news. Though it wont have the fun cand completly care freeish tone to it, it will be more serouse, though the charaters are atill as fun as ever. For exapmle, some of the outfits are a bit of a darker tone than vefore. They have left the colorful coartoony type out fits and made them look a little bit more like...well....not like before.
    I will be inverstigating even more sence I'm addicted to this game, so for those of you who didn't know about this till now, feel free to ask questions.

http://www.techtv.com/xplay/features/story/0,24330,3538934,00.html

Kos Mos

2. Dr. Nick Rivera

Dr. Nick Rivera New Member

Do you know who that kid is who wields 2 keyblades at once? They never show his face.

3. Kos-Mos

Kos-Mos New Member

It hasn't been announced yet who it was. But it was announced that all three of the major charater (Sora Riku and Kairi) will all be returning, so I would guess that it's riku, thought I could be wrong.

4. Dr. Nick Rivera

Hmmm....I don't think its Riku. He has white hair, as opposed to the other kids brown.
    And isn't Riku still stuck in Kingdom Hearts still?

5. femme_fatale

femme_fatale New Member

It's been said by the creators that Riku WILL be in KH2. He's been confirmed on ansemreport.com (now sadly defunct) as one of the hooded guys in the early screenshots. I don't know how he got OUT of Kingdom Hearts, but that's what I've heard.

6. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

Personally, I can't wait! Although at first skeptical about this Disney/Square game, I now have a profound respect for it and its battle system, which I've learned to love.

Though I hope that it will be a good deal less...cutesy, if you will, in this sequel.

7. femme_fatale

femme_fatale New Member

Cute was a given, but I agree. Some parts just made me roll my eyes and go "Could it GET any more sugary?" But I have to thank Square for making up for that with some of the truly awesome later parts of the game. *coughHollowBastion*cough*

KH2 looks to be in the more serious, dark, gothic style of the latter half of KH, which gives it points in my book.

8. Dr. Nick Rivera

Well, I knew that Riku is getting back, but it's just, how the heck did he get out of Kingdom Hearts? *puzzles over this for a while* Also, my friend tells me that ihe has this KH: Final Mix thing that if you beat Sephiroth, he and Cloud fight. Alas, I could never beat Sephiroth in teh original, does anyone know if this is true? And does Sephiroth ever talk after you beat him, or is all he says is during the battle?

9. Fushigi Rockna

Yes you can beat him. And yes he does tlak to you. His voice actor is.... sadly... Lance Bass, that airhead blonde from N'SYNC. I haven't beaten him yet so i don't know how good of a job he did, but I was scared when I saw his name next to Sephy's...

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS!!!! XD XD

10. Dr. Nick Rivera

I don't really like his voice actor either...

If by "Yes you can beat him" you mean "It is possible for someone to beat him", then I believe you, but if you mean that I myself can beat him, then, no, sorry. It is nigh impossible for me. I think I used "nigh" incorrectly. Oh well.

11. Kos-Mos

Kos-Mos New Member

Yes. They do fight as well, but all I've seen is screen caps of the two fighting, thought I may be wrong. My really, OMG about Lance bass. The only good thing about him is that he's cute. Besides that....I really liked the Mandy Moore for Airith. Though I have so many grudges agianst her, it WAS a good match. I didn't much mind the David=Squall/Leon thing. And I loved the Cristy Carilson Remono for Yuffie! I twas so funny!
    I just found out a lil'bit of my info was messed up. I DID explain the Second Kingdom Hearts sequile for PS2, but the game intittled Kingdom Hearts: Chain of memories is for Game Boy advanced, will would be cool. The PS2 game is just called Kingdom Hearts 2. At least that's all I've been able to find.
    Who would you guys like to see as the main charaters agian. Sora's a classic charater, but I would like to see the game focused around Riku this time.
    **Dreams**
    Kos

12. Dr. Nick Rivera

I've seen screenshots of Chain of Memories, and the graphics look really good for a GBA game. The prospect of using cards as a battle system...I'll have to see how that works out.

13. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Sephiroth is easy to beat, once you know the trick. Just keep elixers handy, and ALWAYS use SuperGlide. And ALWAYS ALWAYS keep a lock on him so you can SuperGlide to him, so he doesn't do that move that leaves you with one HP. If you can hit him before he accomplishes the move, then you pretty much have him beat. Just be careful when he casts Meteor, as you WILL be hit, and you WILL be hit a lot, so keep Cure on your Quick Spell List.

Personally, I thought the voice acting was great. Not exactly what I'd expect Squall's voice to be, but David Boreanaz did a good job. Mandy Moore should do more voice acting, if her performance in KH is of any clue. Lance Bass was decent, actually, and he only has three lines, and one of them is grunting.

As far as KH2 and Chain of Memories, I hear that CoM is also going to have a battle system remarkably similar to that of the original KH, with the limitations of the GBA kept in mind.

As far as KH2 goes, it's rather obvious that the main character has to be Sora, there has been enough screenshots of it...as well as the fact that they STILL haven't brought Mickey back.

14. femme_fatale

femme_fatale New Member

It scared me when I realized that Squall, Aerith, and Cloud all sounded JUST how I thought they would. :dizzy2: I liked all of the voice acting overall, but one of my definite favorites was Billy Zane, mostly because I couldn't get over the fact that he was playing a character in a video game. :p

I was intrigued by the whole "LANCE BASS IS SEPHIROTH!" thing, but when I actually played that part of the game, it was rather underwhelming. I expected Lance Bass to sound weird as Sephiroth, but he was pretty darned good. Half the time I couldn't hear what he was saying anyway because of the move Sephiroth does where he sets part of the arena on fire. Most of the time he did the grunt. It was nothing to fear... but it was still fun to terrify curious friends by telling them that " the VA for Sephiroth is AN N'SYNC MEMBER".

15. Kos-Mos

Kos-Mos New Member

^^ I was looking around for some good games on Yahoo and I found the coolest thing. But I'm not sure weather it will be in japan or here, but even if it is in japan, that means we'll get it soon! Yay! But it'll be ven better it's amearica, eh?^^
    http://gamesource.yahoo.com/product?cid=1951016789