One Piece Kinda quiet...

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by chibi_nasu, Apr 1, 2006.

1. chibi_nasu

chibi_nasu New Member

Um... what? Where's the OP love? I've only been a fan since last October or so, but I'm so deeply enthralled that it's hard to understand how people aren't more active here...

So... why do you love the show/manga so much?
    And if you don't... how come?

2. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I love it's combination of comedy and drama. The work is really well drawn, the story arcs are really interesting, and the biggest thing of all, is the characters: How determined they are, to work together and help one another, the show really portrays what it means to be a 'nakama'.

welcome chibi_nasu to the One Piece forum! Just in case you don't know, there's quite a few threads made in the forum, just scroll to show threads from the beginning and have fun posting!

3. chibi_nasu

chibi_nasu New Member

*smacks forehead*

Well, what do you know... there's the love... thanks Ciel. ^__^;;

4. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

Well I just recently started liking One Piece. At first, I hated the voice actors so much I just couldn't watch it. ( I loved the manga alot), but since Sanji is in the scene and it's rather humorous, I have started to like it, even love it. Just not as much as Yu-gi-oh and Neon Genesis Evangelion. ^^ By the way, welcome.

5. chibi_nasu

chibi_nasu New Member

Are you watching the dub?

6. Luffy

Luffy I Can See A New Horizon

first manga ive ever read and it was my best friends right away loofy is like the best ever and it has action and comedy its just the plain old best :D

7. SexehSeacow

SexehSeacow New Member

The One Piece manga is a masterpiece, the One Piece anime is a kiddy show : (

8. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

The anime is based on the manga, and just as violent. You just need to watch the english subtitled version. Fox wouldn't dare to show some of the stuff on American television so they cut it out, including blood and Sanji's constant smoking.

I like the animation, I've noticed that when they are talking there's more action happening around them and they actually move while speaking (moreso than other animes I've watched). I also like the fights, for the same reason why I liked the fights in Dragonball Z - It takes a while for it to end, but how they're beaten is oh so satisfying. And then later they follow what the enemy is up to, sometimes they might just start up a restaurant.

The comedy is maybe what attracts me to the show.

9. SexehSeacow

SexehSeacow New Member

The fights in DBZ were like..

Hnnnaghah!! Im powering myself up, please sit back, have some popcorn and watch 20 minutes of me screaming and glowing! On the next episode, of DBZ: Aha! Ill counter by also powering myself up! huzzah!

... ;D

Never enjoyed that kind of anime, same as naruto btw - they make stuff .. too long and drawn-out, good to know some (quite alot it seems) people appreciate it though :>

edit: hm.. I might've liked one piece anime if I hadnt read the manga before, I had such high expectations after reading it since it's so brilliant. bleh.

10. Rai Konoko

Rai Konoko New Member

I'm only just about to start watching One Piece ... so i dunno what to expect, tell me before i watch ... is it great medioker or crap ... xD

My friend said it was good, so thats what is gonna get me watching it.

11. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I really enjoy the subtitled uncut version of One Piece. The dub is a joke to me.. I don't consider the fights to be like DBZ at all though, I know they are long, but it's not like only two people fighting it out for so many episodes.. there's tons of stuff going on everywhere.. and it's interesting!

12. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Ditto. The dub is embarassing to watch, and they clip and cut everything. The uncut subs give you the full strength of the story and the characters involved. The humor is a tad recycled (and corny sometimes), but it's alot of fun to watch because... well, let's face it- There's not many Pirate-based Anime series out there.

~W

13. Soitsu

Soitsu Flame Alchemist!

I read te manga, it is kinda better then that anime, though I like watching the Anime cause I don't have the money to buy it!!!:p

14. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

I <3 the manga. I just loove it! My opinion rests with EVERYTHING you've said.