Square Enix Kingdom Hearts 2...and an Animated Series?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by BakaMattSu, Aug 28, 2003.

1. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Kingdom Hearts Animated Series?

Source: www.jaggedteam.com

2. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

That sounds great, but why am I not surprised?! :D I expected this from Disney.

3. DarkNd Destiny

DarkNd Destiny New Member

Kingdom Hearts 2!!!
    I can't wait to play it!

An animated series!!!
    I hope it's good. . .
    I might watch it!

:)

4. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

Well, that one ending did clue me in, sort of. I guess I'll play the second game, and if it's worthwhile, buy it (or ask for it for Christmas! :D)

As to an Animated Series...Typical Disney. They're wringing it for all its worth...moneywise, of course. They already have KH merchandise, the spin-off animated series will give an even bigger excuse for merchandise. But at least it means more Squaresoft stuff!

5. Novus

Novus Gone

They ARE a business, after all. You don't become a major corporation by letting a good franchise go to waste.

6. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Will the animation be 3D?
    Will Pixar studios animate KH? Or will Square do the animating?

7. Fuuma

Fuuma New Member

I think regular animation would be good enough....but 3d would probably work...like Toy Story!!

8. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

It's still rumors, as only a few months prior, a Square representative had said no deal between them and Disney was made yet for a sequel, even though it was very hopeful during production of the first game. I guess we wait and see.

9. UFOtaku

UFOtaku Wachu loorkin at?!

Nuuu... Nuuu! Must be anime! XD Can't wait either way. And if it's a Disney movie... that means...

SONGS!

Ahhhh!

*stars saving up*

10. Paranoid Trooper

Paranoid Trooper Reanimator

The game is understandable, but the series is just more of that Disney crap.

11. TheSonOfBattles

TheSonOfBattles New Member

As has been stated, Disney are a business, and business's thrive by milking a good idea. Squaresoft or SquareEnix or whatever do it as well. FFX-2 anyone?

Basically i'm saying don't slate the series before it's even gotten ONTO the drawing board ffs. Disney might make kiddie stuff, BUT that didn't stop them from helping to make Kingdom Hearts, a game all of ye naysayers prolly rave about. Is it any wonder companies don't break away from a certain mould if as soon as they start to, a bunch of mongs come along and immediately pigeonhole it and predict it'll be a load of shite!!

12. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

How much did Disney actually influence the game though, apart from lending square their characters? I think it was square that came up with the story and the major characters, and pretty much everything that made the game good(the game could easily be as good if not better without the disney stuff). I'm not saying the series is definately going to be bad, it would be retarded to prejudge it, I'm just saying that judging by other disney series' that have done the rounds, I'm skeptical.They might suprise me, but I'm not holding my breath.