Square Enix Kingdom Hearts. . . The Animated Version?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Jaken, Sep 26, 2004.

1. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

This should be interesting to see. I hope the animation is done in Japan, Anime style, it would be quite nice. I really enjoyed the game, so I am looking forward to this. I think is an awesome idea. What do you think; Ye or ne?

(I wasnt sure where to put this thread, But KH is a Square Enix production so I put it here, if not please move it)

2. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

There has been talks about doing a KH movie and series by Disney for years now. They first surfaced a few weeks after KH became a PS2 Greatest Hit.

Surely, it'd be something nice to watch. As for how GOOD it would be, I doubt it. Game to movie adaptations haven't been done well at all. And, remember Captain N? As "good" as that show was, it was horrid. But, we'll just have to see how Disney/Squenix handles it....

3. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

My guess is that Disney might do a good job out of it. Some video games into television series turned out pretty good: The "Retro" Sonic, where he tells you good advices during the end of the show, such as streching after you work out. There is a new version out I believe, with Knuckles and company.

But on another hand there were some awful attempts, with the likes of the Super Mario Bros during the 80s that had live actors mixed with cartoons during the show...

- Teddz

4. Kokoro

Kokoro New Member

KH show?

Well, Disney does have the rights to all the KH characters now. They did something with the contract when Square merged with Enix. (Wonder if we'll ever see Sora and the game in the House of Mouse?)

So yeah, I guess. I would love to see it. They could put it in the animation of the manga! Riku looks so... ahhh...
    And Sora... he's really funny in the manga.

I would love to see it, but Disney in Japan should do it. I want to see it in manga form, and to not be changed to fit the children on America. They would change some of it to make it safe for the "Kids of America", but not if it is imported from Japan!

I WANT TO SEE IT! I have to look this news up!

Kokoro

5. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

There is a manga??! Since when? I'll have to check that out. How many volumes are there?