Current Affairs Korea launches Missles

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Samurai Me, Jul 5, 2006.

1. Samurai Me

Samurai Me New Member

As most of you know Korea has been firing test missles recently into the Japanese sea. Yeasterday they fired four from what I have read and today 3 making a total of 7 missles, and refuse to stop saying they have the right to fire as many missles as they want I guess. Heres the link for those who haven't heard of this yet http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13704198/
    So what do you guys think of all this, what are your thoughts?

2. Yossarian

Yossarian Yossarian Lives!

Korea is just begging for attention.

3. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

Attention? No. Korea is playing Chicken now. If the U.S. Takes action to stop them, we're the bad guys. If they do nothing, then Korea will continue to push, and that can lead to things worse then simple missiles.

4. Samurai Me

Samurai Me New Member

I agree with lucky. However I also agree with sphinx, they are begging for attention. I have friend over in south Korea who was moved to the borders of North Korea this morning. They cannot attack because the goverment said they are going to handle this diplomatically, however I would not trust Korea. We all now they are a ticking time bomb themselves.

5. Fudge_Monkeys

Fudge_Monkeys www.boards.jp

Im scared. =(

6. Chance

Don't be scared. Just cautious. Things like this usually end quietly and without much fuss.

7. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

They will as long as both parties keep a square head on their shoulders. It only takes a little slip from either party and we could have another war on our hands. We're barely starting to bring soldiers back from Iraq as it is. Could you imagine what would happen if soldiers retruning from Iraq finally thinking they were going to get to rest for a while are suddenly told they have to go to Korea to fight some more? It would be chaos. All we can do is hope that everything turns out okay. Hope for the best but plan for the worst is what I always say.

8. Fudge_Monkeys

Meh if it is another war it would be like korea vs the world.

9. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

I my opinion i think that it would be a very bad idea for such a small contry as N.Korea to go upsetting the superpowers. The N.Koreans have promised agressive physical action agenst and country that interfears with their testing. This is a really bold statement, espesally when they are firing missiles that have a range that could reach an american city. So i can't really blame america for tring to put a stop to this and for saying that they will shoot down any missle that heads toward them.
    We should also remember that while America and Japan are making aggeressive moves to put a stop to this, they are however being blocked by China and Russia who are looking to put a stop to this diplomatically. While i think that this would be the best solution to the situation, i also can't help but think that it is something that is not likly to happen until the testing is finished, but between now and then anything could happen, such as a missle going off course.
    The UN has to try and get through to N.Korea and make them understand that they are really just making the situation more and more worse for themselves.

10. Fudge_Monkeys

I really dont understand what N Korea is trying to accomplish. If they start a far they would be smashed down very fast i really dont see what their goal is.

11. Samurai Me

Samurai Me New Member

Never under estimate a country by its size. Germany was very small in WWII yet how much did they conquer...same as Japan.N Korea may wipe us out...then again they may not if war was to break out. N Korea has always been causing trouble for atleast 40 years, this really isn't anything new.

12. Cylor

Cylor New Member

If by "us" you mean the U.S., the only way North Korea could prevail in a military confrontation would be by causing our entire population to collectively asphyxiate through prolonged and uncontrollable laughter.

Something that's worth pointing out about this situation is the fact that the North Korean leadership has been pressing for private, one-on-one discussions with the U.S. on this matter for some time now. And the Bush administration's consistent response to that has been, "Anything you have to say to us, you can also say to South Korea, Japan and China."

Doesn't quite fit with the ever-popular unilateralist/cowboy stereotype, now does it.

13. Chane

Chane Audience of One

No, but is still fits to the "Bush is an incompetent douchebag" theory.

14. Chance

I quote what U.S advisors said on this matter, "This is nothing more then a childish attempt to startle us."

15. Cylor

Cylor New Member

But of course it does, if you don't like to think analytically. :rolleyes:

16. Samurai Me

Samurai Me New Member

Korea could do it, wars cannot be decided by strength of arms, its all behind who is plottin the strategy. However, I do not beileve this will develop into a war. They will back down because they could not take on the world, and Japan is so mad they would rip them apart lol

17. Fudge_Monkeys

Japan has a Army? dont they only have like a national guard or something i though they were s'pose to have an army

18. Samurai Me

Samurai Me New Member

No Japan has no army but they have a National Gaurd and a reserve. Im just saying those guys are infureated, they are not happy campers lol.

19. Chance

Their dictator is obsessed over american smut. :p I don't think we have to worry too much over strategy. I mean, look at what they just did? Think firing those missiles was intelligent? *sighs* Don't fret over this, like I said. We're not in danger of North Korea yet.

20. Cylor

Cylor New Member

Personally, I think it would be kinda hilarious if the US response to North Korea's latest round of masturbatory missile launches were to give nuclear weapons to Japan.

I'm sure this won't happen, I just think it would be funny. :D