Computers Laptop's keyboard problem

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Zanza, Sep 15, 2004.

1. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

While I was opening a BT file to start downloading, my laptop's keyboard suddenly stopped working :/

I am using an external temporarly keyboard for it as I write these lines.

Any thoughts or ideas in how to fix this problem by myself?? For the record, that happend long time ago but it was fixed after a simple reboot, but this time not even 5 rebooting nor 3 shutdowns fixed it.

One word, HELP! ;__;

2. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

What does it say when you got to start/control panel/keyboard/hardware then 'properties' to troubleshoot. I take it for granted issues with the keyboard but maybe it's a driver problem?

3. Zanza

Staff Member

It says something like the attachment.

I need a quick solution, its weird to use the external keyboard, I keep typing on the laptop's ^^;

Attached Files:

4. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

As always, get your latest virus definitions for your scanner, and run a full sweep - as well, run 2 or more different adware removal programs. Clean that shtuff out, and see if it helps any.

Hopefully, that works. Could be a bit of a pain if it's hardware related. What's the brand and model? Is it under warranty?

5. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

If it's hardware related, go to the manufacturer site of your laptop.

Then, kindly download drivers that may have been deleted or whatever. I remember panicking when my sound-card was somehow not working right when I reinstalled WindowsXP...then I just remembered to download from dell.

6. Zanza

Staff Member

Thank you everyone :) I intended to run Spybot - Search & Destroy and then run my AVG, but the fact that my keyboard weren't working kind of freaked me out that I tottaly forgot to do so.

Thanks once again ^^;