J-Rock L'arc-en-Ciel

Discussion in 'Music' started by alkhoon, May 7, 2002.

1. Yasuko

Yasuko I beg your pudding?

I went to Otakon, but I didn't see them because I went Sunday. *sigh* However, they ROCK! I like Ready Steady Go and Honey.

1 person likes this.
  2. Sanyu

Sanyu Member

L'Arc~en~Ciel

L'Arc-en-Ciel, I've heard, are great. I only heard bout them a few weeks ago... the person who told me about them is Hyde-obsessed, so I did a Kazaa-lite search for Hyde and named some of the songs. Now I've become Hyde obsessed, and I'm currently downloading a few L'arc-en-Ciel songs. I've heard a bit of one song, can't remember the title... And liked it, but I prefer Hyde on solo than with L`arc. ^^
    Careless Whisper is my fave song atm.
    I'll get back to ya when those L`arc~en~Ciel songs download.
    ~B

_________
    EDIT because I sound so.. newbie-ish. L`arc~en~ciel means "the Rainbow". ^_^

1 person likes this.
  3. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

4. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

L'arc en Ciel are big, not only i Japan, but also in other regions of Asia. China, for instance, are really mad in L'arc en Ciel.

I do like their sound, somewhat Luna Sea inspired, although you could say that those two bands are totally different.

But Driver's high is probably my favorite.

5. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

Oooooo! I love L'arc-en-Ciel!
    READY STEADY GO! I just love this song! Something about it! Out of all of 'em, Ready steady go took a place in my heart!

-KaiyonTormentor

1 person likes this.
  6. dark_aftiel

dark_aftiel New Member

Moonchild!!!

Someone mentioned Moonchild above, I LOVE that movie. Both the story concept and the humor in the movie are genius. The part that sticks in my head the most is when the main character (sorry, haven't seen it in forever) does some crazy kick and ends up hurting leg. Hmmm. I'm ranting.
    L'arc~en~ciel is an amazing band by the way. Love 'em.

1 person likes this.
  7. sapphire_deity

sapphire_deity New Member

My God.

Aaaah. L'Arc~en~Ciel. I must say I am obsessed with this band. But most especially, I'm a Hyde-enthusiast. He's...amazing. Anyway, I recommend Words of Love, Shinshoku (Lose Control), Metropolis, Killing Me, Niji, Fourth Avenue Cafe, Ready Steady Go, Driver's High---Sigh. Why don't everyone just listen to them all? >>; But yes! Moon Child is bone-melting. Hyde plays such a lovely vampire. And here I was most into vampires. I wish I could buy a copy of that movie. Blasted country hardly has any Japanese movies sold. I'm so unfortunate. Has anyone heard of The Last Quarter? Hyde plays a lead part there as well, together with Chiaki. I want that movie too. >< I suggest everyone see the Careless Whispers' video. I don't know if it is just me or Hyde was really swaying his hips. XD XD Maybe it was wishful thinking. But I wouldn't be so sure. ;p

8. dark_aftiel

dark_aftiel New Member

I'll have to look into those movies. Thanks.

9. sapphire_deity

=[ It's so sad I can't get a hold of those. I have to be satisfied with very few clips. Sigh.

10. UmiRyuuzaki45

UmiRyuuzaki45 New Member

AAAAAAHHHH!!!!! OH MY GOD!!! *breath* okay. First of all. Yeah. I found this thread while .....listening to hyde's.....careless whisper....*breath*. Sorry, if i don't pace myself while talking about hyde....i'll hyperventelate(sp?), ans i'm not even asthmatic!!!!! *breath*. *sigh*. I absolutely ADORE hyde. SO much so that when I look at picture's of him the only thing I think is, 'i'll never get married'. Sapphire Deity, you rock, I think we're twin stars, hee hee. but in a good way. LET'S BE FRIENDS!!!! OH, *breath*. okay. Yeah. I wish I found this thread a while ago, because I almost started crying when I found out I missed a l'arc en ciel concert....RIGHT IN AMERICA. But i live in hawaii so I couldn't go anyway. waaaahhhh!!!!!! i'm listening'Just one more kiss' now. *breath* okay.I don't think I should say anymore. But, yeah. If anyone wants to go and share their hyde stuff with me, say, 'moonchild'....which has been licensed, or, that lovely hyde hip shakin' careless whisper music video, I would love you for life. hee hee. :) :) :)

gaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!! HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYDDE!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!

2 people like this.
  11. sapphire_deity

Lol. UmiRyuuzaki45.

Anyway, sure, I'm with you. My, you did sound quite like me in a way. Especially that 'I'll never get married' part. Hahah. Who wouldn't adore him? At such an age, he still looks lovely. Sigh. I'm a bit too deprived of Japan-related stuff and I blame it all on this country I dwell in so I couldn't hope to purchase L'Arc~en~Ciel CDs let alone see concerts. Thankfully we do at least have Anime shops. I guess I could live from that. Besides, I stumbled here in search of a L'Arc~en~Ciel-involved forum in the first place, so 'tis not surprising I'm into this band.

So, UmiRyuuzaki45, would you like to share Hyde stuff with me? ;D I knew it, Hyde was really swaying his hips...! *stares*

12. UmiRyuuzaki45

UmiRyuuzaki45 New Member

Ha ha!!! sure. I'll share. Considering you don't have more stuff than me already. Do you have the 'smile' c.d.? Ah, lovely. And have you heard L'arc-en-ciel's newest song? It's called 'New World' and I must say...it's amazing.

Oh.... if you have the download capability I can show you a site that has TONS of interviews...and even of Hyde doing a little dance. I can't download these things...but i'm DYING to seem them. hee hee.

13. sapphire_deity

What the. @ Dance.

I've seen few clips before but not as much that I saw a dance. ;_; Uh...perhaps I probably have some songs from 'Smile' but not the CD. There's no way I'd get a hold of a CD. Pfft. But sure, I'd download them.

14. UmiRyuuzaki45

UmiRyuuzaki45 New Member

What? The c.d. was put out in america by tofu records. You can order it at any borders books store. Same thing with t.m. revolution and nami tamaki. And the Japan for sale compilations.

15. sapphire_deity

Uh, I'm telling you. 'Tis truly not sold here. ;_;

16. dark_aftiel

dark_aftiel New Member

You can get Larc~en~ciel here. She's right, tofu records, any music store can order them. Almost. Besides, you can order anything on the net.

17. sapphire_deity

Yes, I'm aware of that. But I doubt they would ever ship to this country I'm in. I just do! I'm deprived of Japan-related things, I know it.

18. dark_aftiel

dark_aftiel New Member

LOL! Is your country somehow disconnected from the world. Top Secret? What country do u live in?

19. sapphire_deity

xD @ Disconnected from the world. Well, we don't have Japanese stuff except Animes. And, and...I could never purchase unless I go abroad. Sigh. And 'tis Philippines, this country. ;-;

20. dark_aftiel

dark_aftiel New Member

That must suck. I used to be deprived like that.