Last Exile Last Exile

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by femme_fatale, Nov 15, 2003.

1. femme_fatale

femme_fatale New Member

Has anyone seen this yet? I just preordered the special edition... everything about the series looks great. The music is bizarre (yet beautiful) Irish/J-pop/techno, and the art is fantastic. The show is steampunk, with heavy German influences; seems like it'll make for an interesting watch.

2. Kaneda_345

Kaneda_345 The Star Stealing Boy

It's one of the only good anime series coming out recently. I also pre-ordered the LE box.

One of the only series that's coming out that isn't based on fanservice, a rare event indeed.

3. femme_fatale

femme_fatale New Member

Looks like the Japanese decided that the fourth volume should have a cover that makes up for that. :p Woman in skintight outfit -- check!

4. femme_fatale

femme_fatale New Member

Now that I've found that the link DOESN'T WORK, here's said R2 cover.

Attached Files:

5. Kaneda_345

Kaneda_345 The Star Stealing Boy

That's debatably fanservice. Personally, I wouldn't classify it as fanservice. Now yes, you can make out her features on that, but she actually has clothes on, completely as well. That's just me though, I'm sure some might concieve it as fanservice.

6. ZakoSoldier

ZakoSoldier Zeon Commander

I saw the first two eps at AnimeNEXT and I loved it I should buy it but I don't have enough money :( But I will try to save up to get it. I thought the animation was buetiful (but its Gonzo one of my favorite animation studios)

Zako

7. femme_fatale

femme_fatale New Member

Well, now that I've officially seen the first volume of Last Exile, I can at last *comment* on it. :p

The animation is superb. The vanships and the flying machines stand out as CG , but it isn't anywhere near as jarring as, say, Blue Sub No. 6. The CG and the animation blend much better than I expected -- not perfect, but it's not going to make the viewer distracted every minute that they watch.

The character designs are charming and unique. The characters look their age -- I have yet to see any fourteen year olds who look like models with huge chests. That's a very good thing. The story is interesting and looks like it's building up to be something huge. :)

I think this is the first DVD I've seen in a long time where I didn't keep wondering "When's the commercial break?" or "When will it be over?" I was disappointed that it ended so soon!

I should also mention that Cloud Age Symphony is the strangest, catchiest OP song EVER. I've had it going around in my head for days.

8. nomad-alpha

nomad-alpha New Member

i first saw it one night on techtv.... i watched the whole series on a saturday...... definetly worth buyin... its been almost 5 months and the op song still rings in the back of my head.....

9. Guts

Guts 100 man slayer

I have seen the whole series, trully magnificent art work. The air battles are well drawn and the story is pretty cool. Definatly worth buying. The ending confused me somewhat but I dont want to spoil the ending so ill shut up. :p

10. IceCreamSister1

IceCreamSister1 New Member

I wish I could dye my hair blonde to show my devotion to the Guild...and Delphine...see my signature...

11. Orion

Orion Gears

O.K.... On the not-so-dye-your-hair-blonde side, I love this Anime. And no, not because of the skin-tight tights all the chicks wear. :sweat2: ^_^

-Ian

12. whaddadumsheet

whaddadumsheet New Member

last exile is a born-classic. ive seen the show from beginning to end(with a few gaps) and being the WWII-expert i am, Last Exile will go right up there with the classics: DBZ, Neon Genesis, Akira and the rest