Lazyness = Unwanted Success

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by Kain, Dec 3, 2006.

1. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

(Very Windy)
    Ok so about a month ago we were started a new conservation project in college, we went out to the site and took messurements and other info that was needed, went back to the studio and started drawing it up. The objective was that everyone had to turn one of the buildings into a coffee house for visiters. Now a lot of people did different things for this project, but i decided that i was just going to keep most of the building as it was and not add on any conserveitory to this thing... just cause i'm a real lazy bastard.
    The time came where we had to hang the drawing on the wall and show it to the rest of the class and the lecturers. I was feeling a bit bad looking at all the other work that other people did and that the lecters were totally going to chew me out.. Instead, they liked it, infact they really liked. They thought that this was a nice cheap approach to the project since this is what the county council would like (guess their just as much lazy bastards as i am, but everyone already knew that). Afterwards they tell me that their going to be putting the best nine proposals on display and that we would have to stand up and talk about them. in front of the class and the council, and guess whos proposal got picked... ME!!!
    For anyone that does actually know me they know that i am not really much of a public speaker, and these kind of situations really scare the hell out of me. I was not looking forward to this when i was hanging p the drawings, and as i got in the day of the talk and saw that there was a mic and loads of chairs set up as well then i was thurally bricking myself. As it got cloaser i was not looking forward to it and to make things so much worse i was going to be the first one up on stage. By the time everyone had taken their seats and given a very quick intorduction, it was very easy to tell that i was terrified out of my mind. I really wanted to run out the door screaming "I AM A FISH:" but i had to force myself into getting up there. Hearing my voice boom around the cafateria didn't help to steady my nerves, so i thought that i better get this over with very quick. I just dove right into it and explained what i had put on paper. I propably paused once or twice but managed to finsih the thing in about five minutes, which i thought was way to quick but was actually the amount of time i was really given. I was asked one question by the council that i think i was able to handle. Finally it was time for me to get off, which i was thankful for since i could feel a huge drip of sweat rolling down the side of my face in what is perhaps a very anime style.
    I'm hoping to god that will be the end of this, but i think theres some other guys coming in next week to look at them and i'm not sure if i have to do this again, i'm also not sure if i can.
    All this cause i was to lazy to put a damn conservetory on the building. A lot of people are telling me this is a good thing and will help me get a job and their probably right.... but i HATE SPEAKING IN PUBLIC!!!!!!!!

Brian