Soccer Leeds Utd

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kingp35, Jan 25, 2005.

1. kingp35

kingp35 New Member

Well seems boards.ie is down i better continue my leeds thread here.

Leeds play away to derby tomorrow night with a win putting them only 3 points outside of the playoffs. This was unthinkable 2 months ago as leeds seemed to be seriously struggling just to stay afloat but a run of good form seeing them only lose 1 game in 8 has put them right back in contention and with the takeover complete matters on the pitch can be the focus.

Leeds have won 5 and drawn 5 out of their away games so far this season so they have every chance of picking something up at derby and confidence is high following our first clean sheet in 20 games. however derby have been playing well lately too and have just beaten west ham at upton park so it will be a hard game. I think it might end up a draw but a win would surely put leeds among the favourites for the playoffs

2. -AlcoholicA-

-AlcoholicA- New Member

hopefully theyll win , might shut the old man up.

(btw, i dont think the majority of people here even know who leeds are)

3. kingp35

kingp35 New Member

yeah but seems its just e and you posting here i guess it doesnt really matter.

I think we need to get a bit of a marketing campaign going on for this forum. gotta get some posters

4. Zaph on Tour

Zaph on Tour New Member

Good work king, can never have too many Leeds threads :)

Funny, isn't it, that there's only two Championship games this week and Leeds are playing in both? Unless they're in the cup everyone else gets a rest. Wonder what genius came up with that, especially as it's not to catch up on postponed games and will mean Leeds having played two games more than most other teams?

I think a minimum of 4 points from the two matches is essential because it's so tight that we can't afford to concede points to everyone else and risk undoing the good work by getting dragged down towards the bottom again. Should be interesting.

5. kingp35

kingp35 New Member

ah glad i could be of service to ya.

yeah its a bit strange alright leeds playing both games but if they win them both they could be in the play-offs and putting pressure on the other teams. your right need at least 4 points lets see how tonight goes first

6. galactus

galactus New Member

Well, I'm a Preston fan so I'll have to be cheering Derby on tonight.

That said, I still reckon Leeds will make the p'offs.

7. Vicious

Vicious Revolution...Revolucion!

Wasnt leeds that team that got relegated or something? Its that team where Alan Smith used to be I think...

8. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

Quite right... Leeds, like Parma, PSV, Ajax, Atalanta etc was a club of young talents... unfortunately it was in huge debts and had to sell the majority of their star players such as Alan Smith -> Man Utd, Harry Kewell -> Liverpool, Mark Viduka -> Middlesbrough. And is now sitting in the English 1st division.

- Shen

9. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Didn't Ian Harte go to Lokomotiv or something? He was like, one of the best left defenders, and now he's...bad?

- Teddz

10. Vicious

Vicious Revolution...Revolucion!

You cant expect every player to do good forever. There can be various factors affecting the players mental and physical attitude.

11. kingp35

kingp35 New Member

I totally forgot I started this thread so long ago.

Leeds are currently in 6th in the championship and are looking good for a play off place and possible promotion. All our debts are gone and things are looking good. Keep an eye out for us