Lego Star Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by BakaMattSu, Mar 15, 2005.

1. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Happened to hear of this game recently. It's yet another Star Wars game, but with a twist - it's based on the LEGO. That's right, the LEGO. Forget the stunning visual special effects and instead play with building blocks like you never have.

The game covers all three prequel movies with some crazy action. I'm looking forward to it's April release - Not going to play past halfway through Episode II (to avoid any big Episode III spoilers) though.

One of the more interesting designs in more recent times, I think. Any other opinions?

Linkage: http://www.legostarwarsthevideogame.com

2. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Well, to tell you the truth, this game looks preety good. Judging from the preview, it looks like it relives the movies (from most of the scenes they showed). The fact that it's LEGO is kind of a twist to this game, both funny, and kinda cool. When I took a look at some of the characters, I saw some changes. For example, you know how Darth Maul has thos evil eyes and mean look? Well, that's not how the new "LEGO Maul" looks like. In fact, they look kinda adorable....

Although there was no show for the gameplay, so far, it would be a game i would first rent it and try it out, and then buy it if it's good enough. The good thing is that they stick to most of the story preety well, and hopefuly the voice actors (if there are voices) are played by the same people they were played in the movies, that would make it even better!

The action does look like it's gonna be the game's strong point, which may actually cause me to buy it...
    Regarding the story, i think I'll just wait to play as well, until i see Episode III. If i were to play it, the temptation would be too much for me (*sobs*) and i may play it...But at least it's kinda good that they sum up all of the Story, in one action-packed game CD.

This game looks like it's gonna be great so far. But no fruther opinions, since no gameplay footage is available at the time.....

-Seishin

3. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

LEGO has, sadly, moved most of it's franchise into the world of Computers. They even have the "spiderman movie set" collection, that has a function which allows you to make your own "LEGO" movie.

I did enjoy playing LEGO racers and it's somewhat medicore sequel. But a LEGO StarWars game could change my view on the games.

Dammit, makes me wanna open my LEGO boxes again. Go ICE PLANETS!

- Teddz

4. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

I think the use of the force (to move and assemble groups of blocks into useful things) is one of the cooler ideas in this thing.

5. me_dreaming_zzz

me_dreaming_zzz ¯\(º_o)/¯

hmmm... LEGO starwars looks interesting and kind of... cute? if it ever arrives in Australia i might give it a go :D

6. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Hey, this game is starting to become popular. They've started showing some short trailers on TV lately. I gotta tell you, they make this game look good. I think that if it wasn't for the great soundtrack, and story of Star Wars, this game wouldn't be that good.....even so, i saw some gameplay previews, and they look both funny, and cool. This is something all Star Wars Saga fans (or anyone that watched any of the movies) would like!

-Seishin

7. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Since no one has posted in awhile in this thread, and I just got done playing the game, i thought i'd tell you about it, for reference.

First off, as you all may very well know, the game is divided into the first three episodes. You start of in Dexter's tavern (the guy that tries to help obi-wan in episode II). There's 4 doors, the first three lead to Episodes I, II, and III. But, when you complete the game in %100, you get a special surprise, you get to also play Star Wars Episode IV:A New Hope! So there's not 3, but 4 episodes in this game.

Anyways, to the main issue some people have been worried about:SPOILERS!

To tell you the truth, there's not so many spoilers. Preety much, is all that you see on the trailer. The only minor Spoiler is the fight against Dokou (which we no doubt know who's gonna win...) and Grivieous (same thing). From that on most of what happens is no surprise.

Now, about gameplay! This game let's you choose over thirty of your characters in Star Wars, all Jedi, and the other characters like Padme and Chewbacca. This game is all about puzzles and working together to beat the game. So preety much, it's really fun game altogether, just somewhat short. This is a great game, not just for Star Wars fans, but for people that like fun games altogether. I think that Lego made a great move on making this game. But let's remember, it's a good game, not a game you can drool all over or something.

Anyways, i reccomend this game to anyone that feels like having a fun weekend or something, because all you have to do is sit back and have fun with this game.

Does anyone else have any thoughts or comments on this game?

-Seishin

8. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

The game was too short. About 17 short simple levels. The rest of its replay value was based on repeating the missions over and over so that you could buy all characters and get Episode IV. Thats about it.

- Kaiyon

9. MaesHughes

MaesHughes New Member

I agree. It was way too short. And, it was way too simple to complete as well.