Saber Marionette Let's go the other way: Which Character is your least favourite?

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by BakaMattSu, Jun 14, 2001.

1. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

....hmmm, little tougher on this end, ain't it? Think, BakaMatt, think...Ah, yes:

Yumeji...I just found that kid super-annoying, and one day he will turn out as his older brother...I'd place bets on it!

BakaMattSu, wants to hear your voice!!

2. UrashimaKeitaro

UrashimaKeitaro Sesquipedalian Mod

least favorite character... that's tough... I'd have to agree on your choice though, Yumeji. His older brother is at least comic relief (he's good at it too), wheras he... he's supposed to be the cute little kid, we have enough cute in SMJ, J->X, Again, R, etc as is.

-UK

3. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

Yumeji.. He is too super cute and dorky..
    Still he seems to fit for the obligatory Lime development sequences.

I think I like president Joy less though. Stereotypical big loud boor.
    --------------
    don't make me drag the quotes out

4. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

At first it was Hanagata, I was hoping he'd stay as that monkey character in the tv show, but then.. I was going to miss him..sniff...

okay, lets see, I think Yumeji is very annoying too, and a least favourite, I mean he's cute, but look at those eyes! He's Evil!
    They should have all left him in the house to burn..I mean how long did it take before Lime relented and said 'Okay, I'll go save his hide cuz I don't want this on my conscience' (thats what she was thinking!)

but then theres that stupid president in the OVA. Was it Texas? The Country that made Marine. That guy was a real jerk, and very very very stupid, I mean, his saber is able to save the planet and he's going after her cuz he thinks she's a failure and wants to cover his tracks... what a loser

5. MamiyaOtaru

yup, President Joy of New Texas. I had forgotten how in addition to being a loud annoying boor, he was stupid too, trying to cover his tracks after Marine saved the world..

It's always the guy from the pseudo american country rr..
    ---------------
    blecj

6. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Actually he was trying to cover up NSM-X1 *before* she saved the planet...her flawed design would've been seen as a failure to the New Texas name...When she saved the world he *then* turned around and did the jerk thing by claiming he supported the project all along...

I found him more annoying in J...he was one ugly sucker back then. What a difference a new clone makes, huh?

BakaMattSu, "Pseudo American, huh? At least YOUR country actually gets a survivor from the Mesopotamia disaster..."

7. MamiyaOtaru

I stand corrected. He was a jerk, I just had some of the reasons a little wrong.

Yeah, a survivor. For plot reasons, there had to be at least one loud jerk on Terra II. Maybe Canada could have had a survivor if it were necessary to have a drunk leader, eh! (please ignore that awful stereotype, even if the makers of SMJ didn't ignore the ones about americans, or germans for that matter, aw heck it's all in fun)
    --------------
    LOUD! OBNOXIOUS!!!

8. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

My point was still Joy was an idiot. He should have known his doll had a chance to save the world from the disaster, because that was what she was inteneded to do, and still went after her to kill her off. He is an idiot to have even got into the situation he did in the first place.

I'll ignore the Canada comment..urp.

9. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

And my whole point was that Joy kind of had a reason for holding NSM-X1 in secrecy. A single marionette definately could not hold the strain of three developed Otome circuits, so there was no telling if she could have just exploded at any time - causing a large casualty in the process (and consequently putting the balme on him...) I think he was a jerk, tho'...but also a jerk who was in a very bad decision position...

BakaMattSu, "decision position"? I'm a poet, and didn't know it!!

10. Lady Aoi

Lady Aoi Princess of Shirataki

Naaaaani? You guys don't like Yumeji?! ;_; Personally I love the little guy. He's like a chibi Hanagata (o.o;; maybe that was going too far even for me -_- [​IMG]

As far as least favorite go, I'd have to say I agree with everyone on Joy. Regardless of the bad position he was placed in, he's still not the brightest bulb in the box (I mean a marionette with three maiden circuits, ne, c'mon Joy!).

But my least favorite thing in the show is the krabbensteiffs.

11. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Actually, the giant crabs are the ultimate in mecha warfare...

You see, while your opponent is on the ground laughing to death at the stupid-looking designs, you can...

you can...umm...step on them with those pointy-little feet?

BakaMattSu, then again, did they really serve much purpose in the war...?

12. MamiyaOtaru

Did they serve any purpose? yes. They made me laugh. What's not to find funny about "stiff crabs?" Even if they were pronouced wrong? Hehe you knew I had to say that [​IMG]

13. Lady Aoi

Lady Aoi Princess of Shirataki

On second thought, it could have been worse. They could have been penguinsteiffs.

14. InuYasha

InuYasha New Member

Yes,they also leave Gartlant open to Beavis & Butt-head style humor...

"Uh,huh huh huh...Gartlant has CRABS...."

------------------
    Inuyasha ha brand sponsor
    no teikyou de
    okuri-shimashita!!

15. InuYasha

InuYasha New Member

Also,don't forget that the Krabbensteifs served as APCs for Gartlant's combat sabers....

But to get back on topic....

I would have to say that my least favorite character in SMJ was Hess. [JtoX spoiler warning]I mean,for someone who supposedly so science and gadget-minded,you kinda have to wonder about the logic that goes into wanting to blow up the Earth in retlation for being marooned on Terra 2 for 100 years...[/JtoX spoiler warning] Not to mention the fact that he was fairly freaky-looking... [​IMG]

------------------
    Inuyasha ha brand sponsor
    no teikyou de
    okuri-shimashita!!

[This message has been edited by InuYasha (edited 11-16-2001).]

16. InuYasha

InuYasha New Member

You sure you're not referencing our resident Drunkard/Crackhead-In-Chief,Otaru? [​IMG] [​IMG]

*Note to Bush-fans,this comment is not intended as a serious commentary on GW.*