Computers Letter from mom

Discussion in 'Computers' started by luvweaver, May 21, 2002.

1. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

Dear son:

I hope you can understand me by reading this.

I miss you. "Mom, how can you miss me" you ask, "if you're always at home?"
    Well, baby, it's not that easy. Yeah right, I'm at home. But you're always stuck in that computer. I really don't know what to think.

Remember the time I asked you to watch this movie with me? I understand that you didn't really feel like watching this kind of movies - boring... but, I really don't know how to approach you.

This is like living with a stranger. You just say "hi mom, I'm back", but I'm really not the first person you greet. It's that computer.

After you finish your breakfast, you go out without giving me a goodbye kiss. But I understand, your father wasn't very personal, and didn't teach you that these things mattered. Well they matter to me.

And there you go, after breakfast, brush your teeth and go back to the computer. Who are you talking to? Well, whoever he/she is (or they are), you talk to them more than me. I really miss you.

Have people told you that it's not "cool" to say hi to your mom and give her a nice kiss? Why are you so cold at me? *sigh* I guess you don't really know me, nor how much I love you. But I do. Still, how can you realize that I love you, if you don't approach me?

It's time to eat. Sometimes i have to bring you food to your bedroom so you can go on with whatever you're doing. What was the last time that we ate together, all four?

But I still feel happy somehow. Seeing you enjoy my meals, makes me feel appreciated. You don't say thanks, but just knowing that you enjoyed them makes me happy. I remember when you were inside my womb... so little... so fragile... that's who you are for me. Heh... I'm a crazy old woman. Who cares about this stuff?

I really wish I could talk to you. But we don't have common interests, do we? While I was watching this movie, i thought... hey, my little son would have really enjoyed this one. I wonder what he's doing so fun...

Or you were just losing time, downloading stuff and waiting for some "friends" to appear and chat with them? They're not really your friends, are they? They are? They just chat. But... have they given almost all their lives for you? You really can't compare their love with mine. I love you, I really do. But how can I tell you... everytime I try to, you say you don't have time...

It feels lonely you know? *ahem* Sorry, something got in my eye. As I was saying, I really don't have anyone to talk to. Your sister already works, and your father also works. You go to school, but you only go half a day. You're actually the only company I got. And I want just some time for you to be with me...

You've said "I love you mom." Those words are nice, but i wish you could express it by giving me some time. Well, I have to stop writing this nonsense... your father is about to come back from his job and I have to get everything ready for when he comes.

Miss you,

mom.

2. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Is this For real??? Because if its for rela i think your mom is trying to tell you to get rid of your computer!@

Family is life, they are your best friends!

KaMe

3. c0ke

c0ke New Member

Aww thats so sad. I usually don't like mussy stuff but...
    This post made me think maybe I'm spending too much time on my computer as well. I think I'm gonna call my mom now and tell her I love her.

4. Inu-Girl

Inu-Girl New Member

Oh, how sweet!!!
    Sorry, but what do you want us to do???:confused: I'm guessing that you want are advice.
    I think that it would be really nice if you remember what the movie is to rent it in your free time and suprise her by asking her to watch it together. Or you can all ways go up to her hug her or somethin' and say "I'm sorry"??? I don't know.>_<
    Good luck I guess.;)

5. Inu-Girl

Inu-Girl New Member

U R really sweet Uncle_Sweetie!!! That is soo nice I think I wil to.;)

6. Chibi Meg

Chibi Meg New Member

eh hem yeah thats kinda bad........... on both your parts - emotional blackmail on hers and just ignoreing her on yours...

7. chupito

chupito New Member

AHAAAAAAAA!!!

AHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAH!!!! Looks like my mom talking!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHHA! I don't want to sound bad, but i fell like my mom was talking to me! YOu know that kind of chat like:

Honey how was school taday?!

fine.

Want dinner now?

No, thanks.

But...

I'm going to computer! C ya!

....... -.-.......

My father also loves computers, my mom enjoy everything he does... :dizzy2:
    But I agree with everyone, We should spend less time on computers!

8. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Re: AHAAAAAAAA!!!

That will be taken care of for me in a month or so....because I'm the network administrator in the new house...and I've been saving up money for a wireless network...and viola! Spend time with FAMILY AND COMPUTER!

Seriously though, I'm like that as well. I come home, get on the computer and answer them briefly. But, we all share dinner and that usually takes an hour or so...so therein lies family time. Plus I go out with them once a month...and we watch Laker games together...

But other than that, my likes do not coincide with them much at all...so we can't really *talk* it out much in the first place.

9. Energizer Bunny

Energizer Bunny i wuv you

hmmm that makes me think...now i feel bad about being here...this is great...O! now i know where everyone has gone theyre spending time with their moms!!weve solved the mystery!!
    but really, good letter luvweaver!so true for many these days

10. luvweaver

Weeee

Heh i think you now know the secret behind my nickname :anime:v

Actually i was here when my mom rented this video. I thought it was boring but then i felt bad about being here and she was alone watching.

So i wrote the letter and it really moved me. Now i feel more love for mom. I feel like a "connection" now. Has this happened to you?

Then I logged off. She felt SOOO HAPPY when i went to watch the movie with her!! (Aaaaaaw)

Yeah - i suppose being a mom is really quite a task.

Happy mother's day! (better late than ever...)

Um... i hope that the original post isn't lost as we get more replies. Let's hope the thread closes before the 50 posts.

God bless all!

11. Dark Kaneda

Dark Kaneda New Member

LESS TIME ON COMPUTERS!NEVER

12. chupito

chupito New Member

!!!!!!!

kaneda-san! LESS TIME means LESS TIME! No one is saying to you stop using internet! just to use less! I'm sure you have a family, right?! and it's not that bad be with them, ne?! so what is the problem!?:confused: :p :D :) ;) :cool:

13. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Well I guess I'm going to have to say a few things ;) oro :(:( I'm kind of emotional over this as well because of a couple of letters that I got from my parents at the Christ in Others Retreat(COR).
    But you should always spend as much time as possible with your parents because they are the one's who raised you to be who you are. I know, I use the computer quite a bit too, it's to talk to the one's I love though - my girl friend, family and friends. But I know that my mom was feeling a bit left out of my life for a while too, and now I'm trying to talk to my parents as much as possible and talking to them, and even asking for advice because all parents are very wise.

But thank you for posting that because I know that it does upset parents when you are still living with them and they can't spend as much time as they would like with you. But be sure to spend as much time with them as possible because when you move out they will miss you even more if you haven't.

14. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

I don't get on too well with my parents(especialy my dad, who I honestly can't stand). I don't spend all my time on the computer(but I do spend a lot, my DVD player is on my PC), but a lot of the time I'd rather leave than sit and watch something with my father. I never have conversations with my parents(I communicate with an intrinsic system of grunts) and I don't eat with them. I don't really feel any connection to them. It could be just because I'm a teenager, and I'm just rebeling or some **** like that, but I don't know. I don't know.

15. Chibi Meg

Chibi Meg New Member

^_^ That guy's parents are a bit on the strange side I must say though lol
    I eat with my family every night, thats family time - when my sister complains and we all listen - hurray lol

16. luvweaver

I didn't always get along with my parents...

When I was younger, I had this something (don't know how to describe it), but I always felt pushed by them. I had quite a few problems with them... well maybe one of the reasons I didn't communicate with them is that I was in p0rn :shy3:

Well when I left that I felt better because I wasn't always trying to get away from them to... you know :shy3:

I hope that's not your case (whoever is reading right now).

Well one of the things that really helped was going to a retreat. I really became closer to them, maybe because I wasn't in conflict with myself anymore. For example, I'm not trying to play music to or watch TV or something to just shut up the noise inside me (sometimes we call it boredom, but it's a horrible anxiety actually - boredom is different).

When I close my eyes, I am at peace :) So if any of you guys has a chance to go to a retreat, go to those retreats. Just make sure it's not one of those groups where salvation depends on your ability to recruit others *shudders*.

So, those are my 2 cents.