Library Torchure!

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by Suzu, Oct 31, 2004.

1. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Another baka crime I've commited! I had an important book overdue, and I forgot to renew my loan. A week passed until I finally realised that... I forgot to renew this book. My account got suspended for a week... that means I can't use the library facilities... so now my other books can't be renewed either. I can renew them all this Tues, but they are due Mon. Which means I need to carry four HEAVY books to the library! To be honest I have not looked at these books. I borrowed them for "home" reference. Sometime I just need something, I can look it up in these books rather than go to the library and get a book. Anyways... I was thinking of leaving them at home and going to uni library desk and asking them if they can renew those books for me. Ofcourse that's not going to happen. BUT I DID WAIT A WHOLE WEEK! Here is my plan...

1.Go online and check if they have already unblocked me and then renew the books (10% chance of success).
    2. Call them and see if they can renew it (50% chance of Sucess)
    3. Go in person and ask if they can still do it (if 2 was unsuccessful, this should be unsuccessful as well)
    4. Nothing can be done? Go get the BOOKS you lazy bone and return them to the library. Even if it breaks your bones, you have to bring them, or else kiss the important books you have on hold good bye, and best of wishes to you and your studies and course work. (In other words, I'm screwed!)

Accomplishments:
    My Java CW is 70% done! works ^.^... all I need is 3 extra functions( not sure about) , comments and class listing (should be easy), and output listing (EASY)!

My OrderedList and Hash CW, is fine working (need to modify hash function! Division remainder isn't that good). I need write answers to the essay questions, and group progress.

I shoudl worry about 2 things: C programming CW and CGI test coming up! *GULP*

2. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Re: Library Torture!

hey, once I took some books out because I was working on a 20+ research paper for Art History. It was a book that cenetered only on one cathedral. Well some jerk recalled it. and I didn't know. All I knew was my book was due in 2 weeks. When a book is recalled, insteadof having the book for 28 days (I think) you only have it for a week. So, I found out a week passed the book was recalled. Since the email they emailed me at wasn't functional. oh well. Anyways I was mad, I told them I didn't know so I didn't need to pay the 14 dollar fee. I've never recalled a book ever. I think it's very rude and I just go and look for the book elsewhere. In this case, the teacher makes sure there are no duplicate paper subjects, so some loser recalled the book for no reason.

the end.

3. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Aww... I checked with the library today. Somebaody requested my book, and it was due today, so I had to return it. I called and one member of staff told me that I shouldn't worry, and I can keep the books and renew them tomorrow when I get unblocked! I hope she didn't lie to me. Otherwise I'd have to wait return all the books I have and wait one more day. T___T