Anime Licensed Anime

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Basher, Aug 5, 2005.

1. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I can’t believe this thread wasn’t made in the past year 2 years.

This thread is to let everyone the newest licensed anime.

If you post in here make sure you have the correct spelling, and information. You will need what country it is just got licensed. Please also post a brief introduction of the anime. You will also need to put who licensed the anime. If possible will it appear on TV. and any information of the DVD releases. Make sure they are as resent as possible.

Licensed USA

Anime: Hellsing Ultimate (OVA)
    Licensed by: Geneon
    Anime Plot: This is a sequel to Hellsing.
    Licensed News
    DVD or TV: DVD- but no information on that is available yet.

Anime: Psychic Academy
    Licensed by: TokyoPop
    Anime Plot: Insecure Ai Shiomi begins attending the prestigous Psychic Academy for psychically gifted students, following in the footsteps of his legendary older brother.
    Licensed News
    DVD or TV: DVD- The first volume release date is 09-13-05 and the second volume release date is 11-15-05.

Anime: Hikaru no Go
    Licensed by: Viz
    Anime Plot: Hikaru Shindo is just a normal 12 year old boy, but one day he's rumaging through his Grandfather's things to see if he can find something to sell and pulls out an old Go board. A ghostly apparation appears out of the board and tells Hikaru his sad story. His name is Sai Fujiwara, a man who was a Go instructor to the emperor of Japan a thousand years ago. However, because of bad sportsmanship of his opponent during a game, Sai was accused of cheating and banashied from the city. With no livelihood or any other reason to live, Sai commited suicide by drowning himself. Now, he haunts a Go board, and wants to accomplish the perfect Go game, called the "Hand of God" which he hopes to do through Hikaru. If Hikaru will be able to do it or not (or even wants to) will have to be seen.
    Licensed News
    DVD or TV: DVD- with volume one released 09/27/2005.

Anime: Gun x Sword
    Anime Plot: Armed with a metal sash that straightens into a sword, lanky swordsman Van is traveling through the desert, searching for the mysterious clawed man who killed his bride. Along the way he picks up a fellow traveler: Wendy, a young girl whose town he saves from bandits by summoning a mecha with his sword. Wendy is searching for her missing older brother, whose engraved gun she carries on her back. In their mutual quest they run afoul of more bandits and villains, a mysterious woman named Carmen99, and more mecha battles a la Wild West.
    Licensed News
    DVD or TV: Nothing on it yet.

Anime: Trinity Blood
    Licensed by: Funimation
    Anime Plot: The three important groups, the Empire, the Vatican and the Order of the Rozen Kreuz, are always in conflict. The Empire is on a country called Methuselah and the race is called Vampire. There is conflict with the Vatican for the difference of races. The protagonist is a priest called Peter Abel Nightroad, who travels through the countries as a representative for the Department of Foreign Affairs in Vatican. However, he also belongs to a secret agency of the Vatican known as "Ax", a Special Operation Group controlled by the Cardinal Catherina Sforza, secretary of the Deparment of Foreign Affairs. His encounter with a young girl called Esther will determine the struggle and survival between the human race and the vampires.
    Licensed News
    DVD or TV: Nothing yet

Anime: My Hime
    Licensed by: Bandai
    Anime Plot: Being a teenager is hard enough, Mai Tokiha knows this well, But when juggling Life, Love,a Sickly Brother,a Job, and the mysterious Power of a "HiME"(Highly Advanced Materialising Equipment) to manipulate Matter, you can see why her life is difficult, Add to that a Bitter consequence when a "HiME" gets defeated and you can understand why the "HiME" Power is no more a blessing than a curse.
    Tokiha Mai and her sickly younger brother, Takumi, have received a scholarship to attend the prestigious Fuuka Academy. On the way, the ferry they are travelling on becomes the site of a destructive battle between two girls wielding apparently supernatural powers. This is only the beginning of their troubles, as Mai learns that she herself possesses these powers - the powers of a HiME.
    DVD or TV: Nothing yet.

Anime: Naruto
    Licensed by: TV- Cartoonnetwork
    Anime Plot: Naruto closely follows the life of a boy who is feared and detested by the villagers of the hidden leaf village of Konoha. The distrust of the boy has little to do with the boy himself, but it’s what’s inside him that causes anxiety. Long before Naruto came to be, a Kyuubi (demon fox) with great fury and power waged war taking many lives. The battle ensued for a long time until a man known as the Fourth Hokage, Yondaime, the strongest ninja in Konoha, fiercely fought the Kyuubi. The fight was soon won by Yondaime as he sealed the evil demon in a human body. Thus the boy, Naruto, was born. As Naruto grows he decides to become the strongest ninja in Konoha in an effort to show everyone that he is not as they perceive him to be, but is a human being worthy of love and admiration. But the road to becoming Hokage, the title for the strongest ninja in Konoha, is a long and arduous one. It is a path filled with betrayal, pain, and loss; but with hard work, Naruto may achieve Hokage.
    Licensed News
    DVD or TV: TV- First episode to air in third quarter.

Anime: Ichigo Mashimaro
    Anime Plot: Ichigo Mashimaro follows the life of Nobue Itoh, her younger sister Chika, and her friends. The basic premise of the show can be summed up in "cute girls do cute things in cute ways", be it trying to quit smoking, going outside to play, celebrating a holiday, or doing school work.
    DVD or TV: Nothing yet

Anime: Kannazuki no Miko
    Anime Plot: The highborn Himemiya Chikane is cool and aloof, the perfect young lady of good breeding. Kurusegawa Himeko is devoted to her, and secretly her friend. Their lives are undisturbed in their school, until an ancient evil suddenly rears its head. To combat it, Chikane and Himeko must take on the roles of shrine maidens of the Moon and Sun.
    Licensed News
    DVD or TV: Nothing yet.

All Anime Plot is curtsy of ANN.

This just a few trust me there are more.

If anyone can fill in what I am missing please do. Or add your own. :D

1 person likes this.
  2. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

Nice one. I am giving it a sticky. Unless the other mods object ^^

3. Seishin

Seishin Guest

For the Naruto release date, Toonami said September 10 at either 10Pm or 10:30 (I forgot which one...)

But that's a lot of info! Thanks a lot!

-Seishin

1 person likes this.
  4. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Nope, it's a good idea.

- Teddz

5. Basher

Yep. Thanks SakataKentaro. And for the Y tv viewers September 16.

Another anime. ^_^

U.S. Licensed

Anime: Sukisho (aka Suki na Mono wa Suki Dakara Shouganai!!)
    Licensed by: Media Blasters
    Anime Plot: After falling out of a 4th story window, Hashiba Sora has lost his memory. He returns to his school to find a new roommate in his dormitory. Sora gradually begins to fall in love with his new male roommate, while trying to put together pieces of his past.
    Defination curtsy of ANN
    DVD or TV: DVD- First Volume October 11, 2005.

Also Yu Gi Oh! GX is coming to cartoonnetwork in October.

6. Julius II

Julius II New Member

Seeing that the US got and OVA of Hellsing make me giddy like a school girl, yes i know it is a sad sad metaphor, I was hopping that Hellsing would be brought back to life like Big O did. I am hoping that they don't scrap the project but i guess i will just have to wait and see!! :D

7. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Hope it's alright for me to do this. :p

U.S. Licensed

Anime: Mahou Sensei Negima (AKA Magister Negi Magi)
    Licensed by: Funimation
    Anime Plot: Negi Springfield is 10 years old... and a fully certified teacher. He's sent to Japan to teach English classes as an assignment so he can finish his training to become a magician. At first, the class doesn't take kindly to having a teacher younger than they are, but they warm up to him, in a BIG way. :D
    Definition courtesy of ME. I wrote it. :p
    DVD or TV: Unknown as of this date. Sometime in 2006, according to www.negima.tv

And here I'd hoped that Funimation had died. :p Oh well, if I remember right, they're still better than 4Kids.

8. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

9. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

What's wrong with singling out our favorites and providing a fun little description for the rest? :D

Aint that the whole point of Boards.jp?

~W

10. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

I was merely pointing out the fact that a comprehensive list already exists. We could make all the licensed posts we want, but animesuki's is just even MORE comprehensive.

11. Seishin

Seishin Guest

I made a thread about this the day it got licensed. Great news for everyone.

Oh, and as far as DVD or TV release goes, I'm thinking that it's gonna be a DVD only release. Why? When Kodocha was announced, it too had a site (www.kodocha.tv), and that's all it said. However, when FullMetal Alchemist was announced, it had already said "Coming to Adult Swim" or something like that. I just really, really hope that the voice actors don't kill it....(love hina....*shudder*)
    Funimation die? They've got FullMetal Alchemist, Detective Conan, Kodocha, Fruits Basket, Yu Yu Hakusho (I could go on), it'd be a while until they die. Sad thing is if I don't see that as a good thing or a bad thing.

Oh, and Does anyone have a word on the Licensing of Full Metal Panic 2nd Raid?

-Seishin

12. Kenji

Kenji New Member

:( No Bleach? Well its all for the better. No cruddy actors and bad music will thouch this one. :D Right?

13. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Bleach is as yet unlicensed. Though you can bet it will be as soon as some company decides they can make money off it.

It also means no owning the DVDs unless you feel like importing, and then they're unplayable because of region codes. :(

14. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

What? There are many MANY players that are region free. They ain't that much more expensive than those Sony brand ones you see at retail stores.

15. Basher

BLEACH WAS LICENSED. Okay I am kidding. But here is a new one. ^_^

Anime: Full Moon or Full Moon o Sagashite
    Licensed by: Viz
    Anime Plot: Twelve-year-old Kouyama Mitsuki was devastated when she was diagnosed with a malignant tumor of the throat. She had made a promise to the boy she loves that she would one day become a singer, but her illness made singing impossible. To make matters even worse, two angels of death, Takuto and Meroko, appeared to Mitsuki and informed her that she only had one year left to live. This news provides an even greater motivation for Mitsuki to fulfill her dreams, and with a little bit of divine intervention, she begins her quest to become a professional singer so she can be reunited with Eichi before time runs out.

Curtsy of ANN
    DVD or TV: DVD- June of 2006.

16. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

[Dropkicks Basher] Not until the Fansubs are finished!

~W

17. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

Anime: Blood+
    Licensed by: Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
    Anime Plot: This series is a prequel to the film Blood: The Last Vampire, in which it follows the main character Saya during her teenage years as she struggles to come to terms with her powers and her past.
    DVD or TV: There has been mention of this going to DVD.

I knew this was going to be licenced before it could reach the end of the series. :p

18. Fudge_Monkeys

Fudge_Monkeys www.boards.jp

Well Bleach i bet it will be licensed soon.

19. Alucard21

Alucard21 New Member

unfortunately there are plans for bleach to be licenced soon, mainly because it has became so popular worldwide.. some1 needs to be cashing in soon.. personally i hope it doesnt happen too soon, as i love downloading and watching the fansubs every week, infact i just wish i didnt have to wait a week at a time to see each episode.

20. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

You could discuss Bleach's licensing issue in the actual Bleach forum, I thought this thread was to specify which animes had been licensed.