Movies Lilo and Stitch

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by k0gepan, Jan 13, 2003.

1. k0gepan

k0gepan New Member

This movie is a freaking work of art. I know not everyone enjoys Disney movies ( and some have subliminal perversion in them...o_O....ask me sometime if you don't know what I'm talkin about) But, this is.....amazing. The animation is class, and it's mixed with CG, and and and....god it's just funny. It's also got good music. The King....yeah, that's right, Elvis. The man. ^^ Love Elvis tbh.

quote : "Yes, Mr.Bubbles? Aliens are attacking my house! Oh...nevermind, my dog got the chainsaw." *click*
    " Lilo?....LILO?!"

Oh dear, a must see, I assure you. I bought it on DVD....SPECIAL FEATURES KICK *** TOO. :D

2. Odin

Odin Member

This was a fun movie!!!

One of my favorite parts has to be when Stitch jumps through the windshield of the ship and yells something along the lines of "I'M FLUFFY!!!!!!!!" and causes more mass destruction.

I also agree with the awesomeness of the chainsaw quote.

Actually, I heard that the Disney animators love Miyazaki and were influenced by some of his work with what they did in Lilo and Stitch . . . can anyone back this up? Or maybe what I heard is false?
    -Odin

3. k0gepan

k0gepan New Member

That sorta reminds me of another movie, only Disney apparently copied and it was hardcore bad. Atlantis anyone? I can't remember the exact anime it was based on, but I read an article a while back and it had pictures etc. Very weird indeed. Can anyone back THAT up? I know it's kinda off topic...but...conspiracies...

lol, Odin, Lilo and Stitch has so many good quotes that the fun never ends I tells ya!!!

"This is Scrump. Her head is too big for her body, but I just pretend that a bug crawled into her ear and she only has a few days to...."

But did you notice the way the combined the real life stuff with the animated? Or maybe it was CG, I dunno. But I really really liked it. They actually studied the Hula dancers etc to get the dance proper at the first. Very admirable I think, to take the culture into consideration. Some movies...don't do that. lol. Course, you know, if they didn't, they may have gotten sued....o_O

4. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

I love Lilo and Stitch! I bought it first day it came out, as a matter of fact! One of the perks of teh workplace, I guess.

Anyway, yeah, the whole movie was awesome. And Disney is usually very good about placing the right feel and the right culture in their films.

The whole mosquitoes and Man in Black thing was cool, cuz you know his name's "Bubbles". That big whale guy looked cool too, too bad he was a jerk.

All the film is animated, though Disney did bring in people to do the dance to capture the real feel of it. Same thing they do for most of their movies, to be honest. Lion King was the biggest one to do this, cuz they brought in Lions and junk into studio.

"Blue punch buggy!!!"

Edit: I thought it was pretty cool of Disney to hire Tia Carrere for Nani's part. ("what!?" hehehe, japanese word playage...sort of)

5. Odin

Odin Member

I heard a rumor that they ripped Atlantis off of an older anime series called Nadia: Secret of Blue Water. The main male character had larged rimmed glasses just like the protagonist in Atlantis, and the main female character, Nadia, wears a necklace that has a blue crystal on it that glows red (not unlike the glowing blue necklace in Atlantis). Oh yeah, and they go to Atlantis in Nadia: Secret of Blue Water.

So that's pretty plausible. Both are very different, however, since the plots are entirely different (though I've only seen a bit over half of the anime series) and it has an overall different feel. The pacing in Atlantis was terrible (though I found it still enjoyable), too!
    -Odin

6. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

I saw it few months ago with Tooma, it was as much as I can remember on November, we went to the cinema to see a movie, and the only thing that is showing at the right time was this cartoon :D
    The poor guy who sells the tickets was feeling sorry for us, and was trying to find more *appropriet* movie for us to see :p
    Which part was that again?! :confused:

7. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

That part was when those two alien dudes were trying to steal Stitch and before they ended up wrecking the house. It was when Lilo was on the phone with Bubbles while the dr. and that one dude, was chasing Stitch.

8. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

awesome movie. I don't care if it was sachharine happy at the end, it was fun. Disney churns out some junk, but Lilo was a winner.

Personally I think it're pretty pointless to wonder if Atlantis ripped of Nadia. They all ripped of Jules Verne heh. While Atlantis does still suck, I don't think less of it for having elements similar to Nadia, just as I don't dislike the Matrix for taking huge cues from Ghost in the Shell.

9. Odin

Odin Member

Well, at least Nadia has "Based on Jules Verne's 10,000 Leagues Under the Sea" in the beginning of the opening credits.
    -Odin

10. neoblacklady

neoblacklady ~*Tpyo Godedses*~

taht movie it the chutest :) i cryed lots of times tbh :) soo chute and i feltz sorry for her and him :*( :sad: but good :) stuffs good times :) i wants a sticth plushie ;) and cuddle him

11. Knives

Knives New Member

Great movie, but the reviews it got here were terrible. They said the artwork was too dated, I say that was the whole point!

12. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

That Movie Rocked so much that.....

Argh, can't make that sentence sound good :D

But yeah, i agree, that movie was both happy and sad..

5 outta 5 :)