Saber Marionette Lime's Fairy - Real or Induced?

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by BakaMattSu, Apr 7, 2006.

1. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

What do you feel the fairy in J to X episode 7 truly was? I mean, it was explained simply within the story that it was the music box's tone itself that triggered Lime's experience within her system, but was there more to it than that?

Do you agree that the explanation given was enough, or could a marionette possibly be able to perceive things that a human would be unable to? A real life example would be the fact that dogs can hear sounds beyond the range that we people can.

2. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

From a techincal standpoint, and given the nature of Terra II I would argue it really was all in her head. Terra II seemed relatively barren before the initial crash making it unlikely any 'fairy tale' creatures could have been present. Certainly nothing like fairys or the like could have been there.

However it can also be argued that creatures of legends often manifest themselves based upon strong fears or desires of people living in a given area, which would explain why the little fairy was a girl- something that hadn't been on Terra II for hundreds of years.

From a personal standpoint, of course I think it was something more than what everyone else thought. Lime's very nature seems to support this. While prone to playing about and having a rambunxious imagination, she hardly ever hallucinates. I think the music box has a hand in its appearance, but I don't think it was a figment of her imagination or a glitch in her circuitry. Mystical creatures rarely ever follow rational explinations.

~W

3. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

My stance is that the music box actually had a maiden circuit in it. Considering the manga version of SMJ where the Mesopotamia had a maiden circuit, there is a chance maiden circuits didn't need actual bodies to function - just an interface with the real world to provide input and output.

This may have been the reason why Lime reacted to the music box, the two maiden circuits were "in sync". Assumming of course, that the maiden circuit Reed had was of the "innocence" type. It makes sense too, because the music box came from Romana, where SMJ gives us no clue as whether they managed to create maiden circuits.

I also have an emotional motive. I want Reed to be a real friend to Lime :catgirl: