Links...are they allowed?

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by wing_goddess, May 1, 2004.

1. wing_goddess

wing_goddess Power User

hi, please forgive me for being stupid. i don't even know if i'm posting this in the right place. i was wondering if you're allowed to put a link in your signature for another site. if so, is there a specific way it's suppose to be? i'm sorry, i don't know the answer to this...

2. Dilandau

Dilandau Highly Disturbed

Well, I know a lot of people have links to personal websites or to their galleries. There's a big difference between unobtrusively 'advertising' for yourself and, say, advertising another forum or commercial website. I suppose it would depend on what you were linking to. (For example, a referral link to a forum to get prizes for yourself would probably be very inappropriate.)

3. wing_goddess

wing_goddess Power User

well i wanted to link to an anime group that i'm the leader of:) i just started it.

4. Dr. Nick Rivera

Dr. Nick Rivera New Member

No links to forums, no links for commercializing. Just what Dilandu said.

I think. I never spent the time reading the FAQ, I just picked it up as I go.

5. ZakoSoldier

ZakoSoldier Zeon Commander

What you could do (I don't know if you did) is put a link in your profile (NOT SIGNATURE) there is a part of your profile it comes in to you profile that people can see. But you can and will be banned if you advertise.

6. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

If you want people to join this group then not allowed. But I think you can still put it in your profile.