Live In Linz

Discussion in 'Tomita' started by sparrow, Sep 1, 2006.

1. sparrow

sparrow New Member

I picked up this fanatastic album today on Vinyl. Anyone got any thoughts on it.

2. Andrew

Andrew New Member

Sorry, I haven't heard this album. I remember seeing it all the time in the stores, but I never bought a copy.

3. ndkent

ndkent Moderator

Theres an old thread here about the alternate version that was only released in Japan.

Let's see. It was his first "Sound Cloud" event. He was attending the Ars Electronica festival. I don't think anyone has before or since put on a show of this scale there. Maybe some people didn't take too kindly to him doing this massive expensive show but the reviews I've seen were favorable. A friend had a program in English for the show but none of the info was new or very detailed. He mostly oversees and mixes the event. He's not actually playing live though rumor has it that he played the lead in the "Firebird" finale live. There are several non-album pieces. The most interesting is "The Rite of Spring" because Tomita had announced he was working on the piece and apparently the executives at RCA changed and the Rite of Spring album was never completed. Though Tomita still did these two live concert albums for U.S. RCA (the other one was "Back to the Earth"). I think the Beethoven's 9th done for this concert was very disappointing. It was probably put together quite quickly considering it's length.

4. baward

baward New Member

Agree with you about Beethoven's 9th, I'm afraid I think its terrible.

Ben