Current Affairs London Attacks!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Teddz, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

It is now known that there was at least 3 suicide bombers that took part. All of which are Pakistani and are British born. They were all based in Leeds and the police have located their residence... or former residence since it was believed they moved out a few weeks before the incident.

Today was a day of mourning where the whole country held a two minute silence to reflect what has happened and pay tribute to the ones killed and injured on 7/7/05.

- Shen

2. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

I'm glad that our members from London are alright, and I hope that all your family and friends are fine too.

I talked with one lady I work with who's originally from London, she said that they never should have gotten involved. I just hope that all the victims of terror and of war find peace.

I hope that Italy and Denmark will be fine in the upcoming months.. Not to mention Japan as well.

3. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

Fresh alerts today where another 3 tube stations have been evacuted because of suspected "bangs" and "smoke" as well as another bomb on a bus. 4 tube lines have been closed off completely and there is just recent reports that armed police have entered and cordoned off University College Hospital... no news on that.

All these were first reported at around 12.30pm GMT where reported "gunshots" were heard at Warren Street(North central of London) tube station but that was quickly said to be detonators which did NOT detonate reported nail bombs. Eyewitneses saw a person rush into a carriage and dropped off a bag before this happened. One person hurt.

Oval(South London) tube station was reported to have smoke coming out of the carriage, but no solid details have been confirmed. No reported casualties

Shepard's Bush(West London) tube station is reported to have reopened but there has been little information on what happened here. No reported casualties

A small bomb blew out the bus' upper floor windows in Hackney(East London) and unluckily no reported casulties.

[​IMG]

Just 2 weeks after that major incident and now this.... give us a break!

- Shen

4. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

My family says that these attacks were *possibly* because UK are standing with USA against Iraq.. what is happening there isn't even 1/4 of what iraqi or muslim people are going through by Americans or others who invade or go against muslims.

My openion is all of this is not fair, even if the attacks were by muslims, its not fair, becaue we will not finish if every one keeps hitting the other because of the other..

For example, if a person hurt another person, this person takes revenge on the other person's children or relative, this child or relative will want revenge as well since it was not his fault.. and so on..

But I hope USA just stop the nonesense first and then I hope the islamic world and people stop their nonesense as well.. this is getting rediculos and many souls are getting lost which is not worth it.

5. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

Thats also what my family are saying, they sure do seem to be focusing alot on London these days, but i guess today was lucky since it was only the detinaters that went off and not the bombs themselves, a lot of people were very lucky today.
    We've been on edge here today, since my Grandmother and Aunt went to visit London this week for mt Grandmothers 83rd birthday. After hearing nothing we finally got a call from here and my Aunt saying that they are fine, so we're all realived.

6. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

It's a sticky mess and no mistake. If Britain leaves Iraq because of this, then it will show the insurgents that they can win, that they can fight off the US. And they'll step up their work and make it all the harder. If Britain doesn't leave, then they'll assume they're not trying hard enough and step up their attacks anyway.

All I can hope for is that this gets resolved soon, because I don't want to see this war escalate any more than it has.

7. sweetasuka

sweetasuka Ahh Ice-Cream!

I agree, I wish all wars would just end but sadly they wont. If this goes any further who knows what kind of damage will be done the next time. I know I am in a very bad area, I'm near everything. Statue of Liberty, Washington D.C, Pentagon, Philadelphia, New York, and so much more. *I live in Pennsylvania about two hours away from Philly* I dont feel very safe here :(

8. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

The UK isn't going to pack up and leave. To be blunt, the bodycount was nowhere near high enough to be an effective method. On top of that, the classic "stiff upper lip" seems to be in effect.

9. Cherrygirl

Cherrygirl Cherrylicious!

*sigh* i think the world is coming to an end x_x we're all gunna blow eachother up

10. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

We've been killing each other for a long, long time cherrygirl. This is not the worlds end. Our world will survive long after we die, in all likelyhood, through one form or another.

There was a time before mankind. There will be a time after.

11. Cherrygirl

Cherrygirl Cherrylicious!

*shakes head* wow i suppose i should have made it clear i was being sarcastic -_-;;

12. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

The latest news confirms that the 4 terror suspects who were involved in the failed London bombings on 21/7 have all been arrested, 3 in London areas and one in Rome. As well as many others who are supposedly linked to the bombings/potential bombings in future.

All in all, the response by Scotland Yard has been rapid, which is good. It's actually quite scary if you look at the Police presence in London. Yesterday I visited Central London and the number of Met officers and SO19 offciers (armed Police) patrolling the streets, roads and underground is quite extraordinary.

- Shen

13. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

In addition to London attacks, there was one in Eygpt, in (I don't know how to spell it..) sharm el shaikh.. since its most likely was done by muslims, my family started talking about the possibility of "Brain washing". Someone out there is after ruining the view of islam. Unfortunately, the 11 September helped in achiving this horrible plan.

I mean, why can't it happen? I remember watching a program in the Discovery channel about some people who assassinated one of USA's presidents, they didn't remember doing it. Am I right?

I am sorry if this was a little out of topic, but I am saying this because I love my religion and I hate it when people think that all muslims are terrorists or hate non-muslims.. only brain-washed muslims would think that..

gomen ne ^^

14. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Don't apologize Zanza, I understand what you mean. If anything I know what it's like to have my religion trash talked about due to the actions of sinful people and the media, I'm Catholic.

Brainwashing is possible, there was a report that one of the suspects of the London bombing was a friendly school teacher. No one would have ever thought him to do something like that.

Myself, I'm a bit afraid though.. In the fall I'll be living in a residence that is right under the Ambassador Bridge, the bridge which connects America and Canada and generates the most trade between the two countries. But I'm not going to freak out if I see a person who is Muslim walking along and say "oh no, [he or she] is going to kill us!"

15. Orion

Orion Gears

Same here, I'm Catholic and I get trash talked about. But I really don't care, I try to ignore it. Brainwashing, interesting topic. I guess it's possible to manipulate, not brainwash exactly. I mean, look at Anakin Skywalker (I know, bad example). He wasn't brainwashed, he was manipulated into thinking that joining the Dark Side was the right thing to do. So maybe that's what happened to the people who did this; they were manipulated into thinking it was right. I've got nothin' else to say.

-Ian

16. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I don't see the point in sucide booms. Your voice should speak louder then your death. I just can't believe some people. Brainwashing or manipulating people seams interesting but some people would say that to try and get out of trouble right? I doubt it has ever worked. But things like that you never know.

I believe that the person who does things like this is the terrorist not the religion or other people of the same ethnic or religion.