Art Look what I figured out in photoshop!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by That guy!, Jul 7, 2002.

1. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Well everyone here will probably fall over anime style when I tell you this (because you probably all know it). But I found out this really cool way to add metal effects to anything :) To find out what I mean then check out Chibi Meg's gallery and the pic of hers that I cg'ed called "Achangel Rob".

To do this take any picture that you want and open it up in Adobe Photoshop 6.0 . And then go to the "Windows" menu bar and click on "Show Channels". Once you have the channel box shown click on the button inside of it that let's you create a new channel. THe new channel will be called Alpha 1. Inside of this channel you can add any effect that you want and any picture or whatever you want... but for now go to the "Filter" menu bar and choose "Noise ---> Add Noise".
    Once this box is open then change the amount to around.. hmmm, 500 and change the Distribution to "Gaussian" and if you get crazy coloured spots then click on "monochromatic" then press okay!
    Now that you have that (unless I'm totally confusing you all) for the Alpha 1 channel then go to filter again and click "blur" then "motion blur". and add as much of a blur to it as you want then press okay.
    In the same channels box, press the layers tab.. then click on "background".
    Now (if) you have the previous picture up go to the "Filter" menu bar again and click "Render" then "Lighting Effects".
    If that box comes up then click on the box next to "Texture Channel" and choose "Alpha 1". Then you can change the settings around within that box to get it to the way you like :) then press okay.

One thing that I've noticed is that it won't save as a Jpeg while having the extra channel. To fix this then just copy the whole picture and create a new file and paste it... then you can save it as jpeg.

That was probably confusing as heck >< but if anyone else knows some really cool things that you can do in Adobe Photoshop then share it please ^__^v

Here's the pic I made...

Attached Files:

2. Holly Jolly

Holly Jolly New Member

Wow, that is pretty wild.

Photoshop has 10 ways to do the same type of thing.

Hopefully I'll be able to try this out one something soon.

3. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

AWESOME! O.O! Cool! Thanks for sharing this with us! I'll try this out too :)

4. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father