Looks?

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by Kos-Mos, Apr 21, 2003.

1. Kos-Mos

Kos-Mos New Member

Ok. Probably a really dumb question, but how come Kenshin looks so different when he's in a fight, and even more different when he's about to become a manslayer agian(like in the situation with Jinae(sp). Not that I dont thing it looks cool. Those are my fav images of him, but still? Is that just to make him look cooler, or does it have something to do with the changes in his moods, or what? If some body doesn't tell me I'll most likely pass out trying to think about it and trying to find the answer, even though it's probably a dumb one, and...**Passes out due to not stopping and breathing**:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

2. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

It's just to signify that he's the hitoriki again, instead of the lovable-half-klutz that he is when he's got the grey/blue eyes. Also, his speech changes, though it's not apparent in the dubbed version. Instead of saying everythign pertaining to himself humbly and adding "de gozaru", he speaks a lot more crudely.

But yes, in essense, it's only to make him look cooler, and to associate his change in mood to the change in eye color.

3. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

well as a Hitokiri his eyes become a yellow color and his hair glows a deep red/pink O.Ox;; i doubt ill ever understand why the pink color but oh well...anyway his language becomes harsher using desu and watashi instead of sessha and De Gozaru... During his fight with Saitou after breaking his sword he says that the next hit will make Saitou's head fly. also he says that Saitou was able to escape with his life...

4. Kos-Mos

Kos-Mos New Member

???

...Uh....I dont know what half that stuff meant, but I kinda get the idea.

5. Hitokiri_Gensai

well what didnt you understand?

6. Kos-Mos

Kos-Mos New Member

???????

desu and watashi Hitokiri sessha and De Gozaru... what the heck does all that mean?

7. minjigga

minjigga New Member

doesnt this not happen later in the series though? cause he learned to maintain control when fighting and still be good. when kenshin goes back to his old masta and he taught him the succession technique and ish and kenshin learned to value his own life. so keshin learns to be super good while in control. right?

8. Hitokiri_Gensai

well kenshin learns the Ougi's and then he no longer needs the strength of the Hitokiri buried down in himself...

9. Kos-Mos

Kos-Mos New Member

??????

:confused: :eek: ...ok, I'm lost.

10. Hitokiri_Gensai

well he only changes into Battousai early in the series...he gains the strength to keep the Hitokiri buried forever...

11. Kos-Mos

Kos-Mos New Member

????????

But what's a...Hitokiri?

12. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

This is why I hate CN. Kenshin's full OTHER nickname is 'Hitoriki Battousai'. A hitoriki is a soldier like Kenshin was, one of the elite. Basically, a "manslayer". I believe (since I don't watch much Kenshin) that the Ougi that Kenshin learns are the succession techniques he learns later on from Hiko to finalize his training in the Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu (his sword drawing technique, in case you need to know what it is.)

"Desu" and "Watashi" are "Is" (after a fashion) and "I" in japanese, respectively. Pretty much, these are mandatory ways of saying them in japanese. Polite, but detached. However, when Kenshin isn't in his Hitoriki Battousai mode, he uses "sessha" and "de gozaru", which means the same basic thing as "desu" and "watashi". That is an especially humble way of saying it, like he holds *your* position higher than he does himself, which he does. But, I don't think this is important to you, because I believe you're watching the CN stuff.

13. Kos-Mos

Kos-Mos New Member

???????

**nodds, nodds** Yep:D

14. minjigga

minjigga New Member

thats so great. hotness galore.:D

15. Hitokiri_Gensai

well Hitokiri litterally means hito=man/person kiri=cut so man cutter...actually Hitokiri were the assassins for the Ishin Shishi in real life there were 4 the greatest being Hitokiri Gensai. Kenshins patterned after him. he used a self taught style of Kenjutsu called Furanui Kenjutsu...hes famous for cutting down an important Official in broad daylight...however after the meiji revolution came about he was beheaded to keep the dark secrets tof the Ishin Shishi from ever surfacing...
    the actual Ougis that are passed down are the Kuzu Ryuu Sen and the final secret the Ama Kakeru Ryuu no Hirameki. The Kuzu Ryuu Sen is a wild technique striking the nine vital points of the body all at once to prevent any sort of defense...the only way to over come this is by moving fast as in Soujirous case or by using the Ama Kakeru ryuuno Hirameki. the user leads with his left leg instead of his right and then draws into a deep battou jutsu then pivoting on the left leg the user then comes in for a second hit. the first hit is fast enough that it actually splits the air and draws things into it to fill the void.

16. Battousai

Battousai New Member

Basically when Kenshin gets pissed off he starts to glow different colors, k?

17. Hitokiri_Gensai

er well technically but its a bit different...

18. UFOtaku

UFOtaku Wachu loorkin at?!

lol, try to keep it simple Genasai. ^_^ Also, in the CN version, I'm surprised tehy didn't change it to "Wanderer Kenshin". -_- Ayaa, that would've been bad.

If ya wanna get technical, we could say that his harmones react to the intense emotions of refinding the Hitokiri and the adrenaline rush of a fight, which create a chemical change that produces radioactivity, causing his hair and eyes to glow in strange shades. ^_~

Yup, thats our Kenni for ya.

19. Battousai

Battousai New Member

Indeed, keep it simple for once Gensai ^_^'

20. UFOtaku

UFOtaku Wachu loorkin at?!

*laughs* We're still calling you Gensai, aren't we? What do you go by? ^_^