Anime Lucky Star

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Fushigi Rockna, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Fushigi Rockna

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjEFUY7unks[/YOUTUBE]

Sick of animes that are over ridden with plot, action and/or romance? Want something just completely random and pointless to watch that demands little thought from your exhausted mind? Then, sir, Lucky Star is for you!

This new, overly sugary anime is pretty much about nothing. It is based off a 4koma, done by kyoto Animation (the same group that brought us Haruhi hence the similar "dancing tactics") and is over filled with "moe". The series centers on 4 friends, otaku Izumi Konata, fraternal twins Hiiragi Tsukasa and Kagami, and the perfect Takara Miyuki. It really is about nothing else but the converstations these four have, which can often be a little weird at times, or just plain funny at others. And that's really it. It has a charm similar to Seinfield in this way.

The fact it was based on a 4koma can be pretty apparent at times. One episode seems to be several 4koma strips all sewn together, resulting in talking about how you eat your food one minute, to H-games and why Konata knows what goes on in them the next, and then right on to Kagami having the flu. Oh and now, we're back to eating again.

So far there have been three episodes.

Lucky Star is ideal as what I like to call, a "break anime". Think of it as something to watch between more intense animes like Higurashi or confusing animes like Haruhi. Its eye candy and overwhelming simpleness can be just what the mind needs inbetween viewings of such shows - the right anime to just let it relax and recharge.

It doesn't appear to be for everyone however. Some bloggers have already given the show their disdain, appartently wanting plot and action. I feel you just gotta give Lucky Star's pointlessness a chance. If anything you should at least watch the "Lucky Channel" segments at the end. Those are genius.

Me? I'm lovin the show. :3 Anyone else at leats interested?

2. Popogeejo

Popogeejo New Member

Just watched ep one and I'm liking it. The conversation on food was to long (although I'm sure I'm not the only who noticed the slightly sexual way Konata ate her chocolate bun thing) but the Street Fighter reference and some of the jokes really hit home. The Lucky channel segment was great, it reminded me of Yukari from Azumanga.

The characters are cute but Miyuki feels like a duller Mikuru. I'm looking forward to seeing the police officer show up.

It would do better if people weren't expecting it to be better than Azumanga (the best 4koma anime ever :p) or to match the pacing of Haruhi/Kanon '06.
    I don't think this will be in my top anime list but it's not as bad as a lot of people are making out.

3. Fushigi Rockna

I made a crappy icon of her licking it saying "Pleasure that pastry! Quick!"

Before
    After

;)

I'm looking forward to Konata's father showing up. He's the whole reason she knows what H-game ares X3 (and I can only assume that's him watching the girls in the opening)

I agree. People were expecting far too much from it and that's disappointing. :[

4. Popogeejo

Popogeejo New Member

5. Fushigi Rockna

Lol, I saw the Haruhi one before. XD These are made of win and awesome~

And dude after only 4 episodes? o_O Huh....

6. Fushigi Rockna

Sory for double post but....

Everyone, WATCH THIS ANIME. Seriously. After the first four episodes it becomes EPIC WIN. So many referrences and stuff. It's awesome.

Last episode, 12, showed the girls going to the infamous Comic Market...and Konata emplying her poor friends to get her her H-doujin. XD

7. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Well I am checking it out. You have me convinced. But FR are you ready for the consequences if me no likie? Kidding.

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=gE_6riMmumE[/YOUTUBE]

Lucky Channel Parody check it out.

8. Fushigi Rockna

That parody is rather lame, considering all the **** you really could be parodying from the Lucky Channel segments. XD Boo for not taking full advantage!

You'll enjoy it Bashy. it takes a few eps to get into tho.

Initial D parody = win
    Kagami's reaction to hardcore yaoi = MAJOR WIN.

9. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Lucky Star!?

Who's seen this? I've heard about it, but not much?

Is it good, bad, horrible? Details details? :p

-Seishin

10. Basher

11. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

This is one of the awesomest show ever. Konata and Misao ftmfw.

12. Basher

Never knew you can talk over 10 minutes about food. First episode. If I wasn't eating I probably would have been hungry at the time.

So what way is the head of the cone?

I think the big end.

13. Yamigirl930

Yamigirl930 New Member

Holy cow i haven't been here in a long time. Iv'e never heard of it before.

14. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

I've been loving it :D

15. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

I'd eat it from the back like Konata -- same all that yummy chocolate flavor for the end...

16. Basher

I would probably break off the back end and dip it like Miyuki suggested.

Konata has 100 online friends love it.

17. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Timotee timotee....

18. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

Crazy Lucky!!!

It's one of those anime shows whose stories really don't go anywhere, but I'm loving it! :D It's an all out anime hardcore stuff!! if you are keen enough in observing there are a lot of interesting things hidden away in the show itself, I remember spotting in one of the episodes in Konata's room that she has the sexy figure of Haruhi Suzumiya wearing a bunny suit with a guitar which is an actual figure on sale :p and in the Komkicon :)confused:) Kagami looks at a yaoi doujin of Gauron and Sousuke Sagara. and this crazy eyed sales clerk who insists on selling a three year old Sagara card. I also like the way they sing other anime themes in the Karaoke ending :D the one they did with the doraemon theme made me drop to the floor! :D It's an enjoyable series to watch especially when you're tired of over rated repetitive anime plots

19. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

Yummy choco cornets!

it's pretty confusing when you start taking notice of things, I usually eat chocolate cornets and never thought which one was the bottom or the top :p, if you look at it, it simply looks like a seashell, so for me the bottom part is the fat end :D, I hate having the chocolate drip out of the cone, so I usually start eating it at the fat end.

20. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

Timotee Timotee...

is that a shampoo commercial or something :confused: I really didn't get that part I'm as clueless as Kagami and Tsukasa :eek: