Manga Ring Project M2A Manga ring

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Suzu, Feb 9, 2003.

1. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Okay, we need a story for the manga. After that we can work on the actual production. It's serves the foundation of our work, therefore, now we must help the writers. (PLEASE GO TO THE STORY FORUM! see sig.)

Everyone else you have to find some tutorials and look at a couple of mangas and how are they done. For example, Manga Layout designers must understand what each frame means and how to come up with a good presentation. and Cgers please see if you know how to use digital screen tones...etc. etc..Please post any sites you find helpful or submit your tutorials. These will all be placed in the HQ site as references. ^_^

2. AsIaNgUrL

AsIaNgUrL ~*☆Dream AsIaNgUrL☆*~

lol..anyways.. i wasn't in here to much..so.. i'm kinda uninformed about what is going on.. o_O.. gomen.. but... ihope i'm still in it.. .. well i guess i'll check out some of the stories...

-Misao

3. Tanuki

Tanuki the wizzard of oz

4. MrPig

MrPig New Member

So the mangaka's get privided with box layouts and told what to draw inside them?
    Cool. My job's a lot easier than i thought it would be :shy3:

But it might look wierd having 5 different drawing styles in a comic, guess ill have to work on looking like the other guys a little more cause right now my arts a bit too detailed for a comic strip.

Still, yay! An excuse to practice extrovertist emotion :D

5. Princess Zelda

Princess Zelda New Member

Ok, I know I posted like a really long time ago on this, but the computer got screwed and then when it finally worked again, I forgot how I got to this rpg, and I wanted to say that i am really sorry. So, you might probably already have a bunch of ppl for places, but if there is anything at all that you would still want me to do I would be happy to do something else.But, if not, that is fine im just wondering. IM sorry though! I feel bad now=/

6. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Are we still doing that "boy goes into a restaurant, is possesed by demon" story, or do you want all the writers to make their own individual stories?

7. MrPig

MrPig New Member

I think we're still sticking to the original Neph.
    *shrugs*

Less work for me i guess :D

and oh yeah - your banner would be cooler if it said 8.04kB; considering thats its actual size 'n all :p

8. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

:sweat: did you already start on another story? We could use it for another manga, but right now, I think most of us want to work with what is given. Neph we need ya at the Story post! :)

Poom-poom you said at the site that a colored manga would be better than using screen tones. I have nothing against that, if you guys are willing to use color rather than tones it's fine with me. I was afraid that cging a whole manga might be a hard job for you guys and you might get discouraged in finishing the manga, but that's just my thoughts and fears. Anyways we need the others CG-ers and Toners input and say! :) Otherwise it will be in color.
    Keep giving me your suggestions ^_^!

9. Tanuki

Tanuki the wizzard of oz

yeah, it's the other way around for me. i find cg'ing in colour heaps easier than in screen tones. but as you say, its up to the other cg'ers. everyone else involved in the manga ring should be asked which they'ed prefer too.

10. UFOtaku

UFOtaku Wachu loorkin at?!

I'm not a CG-er, but I think screen tones look a lot more proffesional anyway. I though they were easier... but not like I know anyway. :p

P.S. I'm getting photoshop next week, so soon, I'll actually know what yoru talking about!

11. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Anyone seen Kibu around, might want to ask him about the CG or screen tones. and I can contact Yuna. She hasn't been around for some time :dizzy2:

12. UmiRyuuzaki45

UmiRyuuzaki45 New Member

um...so are we starting? nothings really happened yet. Are the layout designers working on it?

13. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Yes we started. Koge, and Blue Crow are writing.

Character Designers get READY!:
    I'd ask the character designers to get ready and brain storm ideas for how the characters should look like. We have 4 main characters
    -Minato
    -His girlfriend
    -Lugata
    -The demon

I'd suggest you read the first episode before starting the official work. But the first epidsode is not ready yet. So for now read a couple of describtions in the post at fiction forum and get an idea then try to sketch a couple of conceptions. Show us the sketches, doesn't have to be perfect and CGed, let the Inkers and CGers do the rest.

Mangaka's
    We need to agree on a certain manga style. This is really hard, because there are a lot to choose from and the drawing styles should look the same. Pick an artist in which we can imitate his style and possible modify it in a way that our manga has our own touches.

Inkers and CGers:
    Anything the Character designers submit, clean and CG. CGERs>^_^ you might want try Tones as well.

Everyone ANSWER THIS:
    should the manga be in full color or in tones of black white and grey. Please post your answers.

14. k0gepan

k0gepan New Member

tones of black white and grey I'd say. Color may take *too* long. Although it would look nice. Um, Suzu, as a person who doesn't normally write in "episodes" how long should I make this? Like, can someone give me a ballfield to hit for here? (page wise, single spaced, font 12 new roman.) Well, I'm still picking at the writing here, I'm quite busy with a new job and events going on at home here. I should have it within a few days guys, sorry for the waiting.

15. Blue Crow

Blue Crow New Member

Yeah,I was wondering how long the episode should be myself.Anyways,no worries Koge,Just get it done when you can.There's no real hurry yet,right?:) And I think that the manga should be toned instead of color.It's less complicated and it will takes less time.

16. UmiRyuuzaki45

UmiRyuuzaki45 New Member

It should be in tone's. And why are we calling it episodes instead of chapters?

17. Tetsuo

Tetsuo New Member

Wowee! that looks like a blast! BEST OF LUCK TO U ALL. i'll be watching this thing from the side with great interest.

18. MrPig

MrPig New Member

Id say black and white tones, just to be easier on the poor CG'rs.

19. Tanuki

Tanuki the wizzard of oz

where are the other cg'ers?, so we can find out whats easier for them?. looks like its in tones anyway tho. suzu, are the cg'ers doing cleaning as well now? or was that just a 'summery'?

20. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

I guess Tones it is...
    But, where are the other writers? Are we separating it into chapters or what? Am I working on my own?