RPG Archives M2A Radio Play!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Nephilim_X, Jan 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Anyone else interested in starting a radio play?

The setting would be an anime cliche filled world, and the characters would be the more well-known members of M2A. People like Bloodberry, Kamikaze and so forth.

Anyone interested? Fire off a PM!

Here is an example of how it would go...

That Guy!: Sir, the trolls are attacking!
    BakaMattSu: I see. DEPLOY THE NINJA MOD TEAM!

*cheesy music plays*

Bloodberry: Bloodberrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyy! MECHA MORPH! *clank clank transforming sound*
    Kamikaze: Kamikaze! LOGIC STRIIIIIIIIIIKE! *photon torpedoe launch*
    Exiztone: Exiztone! EIIIIIIIRTAKUUUUUUUUUU BREW! *sound of ale being poured into glass, being drunk, then some sort of super-sayin transform sound*

*battle noises*

BB: It just isnt enough! We need reinforcements!
    Nephilim_X: HEEEERE COOOOOOOOOMES THE POKING TANK!

2. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

LOL, sounds like fun! If enough people join, I may take part. ^_______^

3. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

I wouldn't mind having a radio play like this, you'll be in charge of it of course Neph ;)

How would it work though? would someone post an attachment of their voice and then the next person responding and so forth? and we can just improvise the whole thing?

4. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Nah, more like we all get together and come up with a general script. We then refine it a little bit, and everyone would then recieve copies of the script with their lines in bold. They would record their lines and send them to... well me I guess, and I'd put the lines, sound effects, and music all together, then encode it into mp3 form.

5. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

hot sh**. that would be cool...i'm all for it. and knowing the mic works makes it all possible*^_____^*
    tho, what about ppl with out mics?

6. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

Sounds great! I want to start thinking about ideas for the script, so any specific subject I should write about??

This is cool!

7. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Is this the kind of stuff you guys dream up while you lay around in bed hoping sleep will take over? :D

Oi...voice actor I am not, but I'd still like to participate (if it requires little ground work from me :p).

After all, you only have a limited number of times to act the fool...or was that unlimited? I forget how that saying goes...or even if such a saying existed...err...uhh...HASSHIN!

8. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Izzy will grace it with his presence, should you so desire, Neph. I'll be the mad scientist...though, most of the "sayings" and one liners I got are probably not suited for people under 23908. :D

9. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

BakaMattSu, of course you're in.

Iz, you're in.

Lets see.

We've got these people confirmed...

BakaMattSu
    Bloodberry
    Izzy
    That Guy!
    Zanza
    Meaikoh Takashi
    Me.

And we could probably count on people such as k0ge, Exiz, NBL and such to join in, or provide cameos.

That having been said, I think we should stop here with casting for the most part. Cameos are welcome though.

As for scripts, we need to have a chat where we can discuss it. Personally I was thinking of Attack of the Trolls (with LexCorp fellows acting as Commanders). That, or we parody a different genre of anime with each episode. Oh, speaking of that, members who aren't acting for this, we just take someone elses voice, either them imitating them or we mod it so its very funny.

If we can't all get a chat, then, hmm, I dunno, possibly a private thread?

And, no, I didn't think of this trying to sleep. Twas inspired by the Spacebattles.com radio play. These things are great for exploiting forum jokes and are just outright fun.

10. Athena

Athena Wisdom comes with Sadness

This sound like fun, could I join?

11. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Sure, you two can join.

12. GenericHero5

GenericHero5 All Ska Super Star

Neph, you magnificent bastid. Its a wonderful idea! Got room for one more? (^/\^) Pleeeeeze? lol

13. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

C'mon Amada!

Room for one more!

One of us!

One of us!

ONE OF US!

Any future applicants will have to take bit-roles this time around. (as in for the first story arc or so)

Edit: Here is our current list of actors and actresses.
    BakaMattSu
    Bloodberry
    Izzy
    That Guy!
    Zanza
    Meaikoh Takashi
    Athena
    User18
    ArchAngel Amada
    Me.

There are also spots reserved for k0ge, Exiz and any of the other 'big players' who want to join. If they decide not to join, then those spots will probably remain closed, as we have a fair number of people now.

Also, User18, I'd love it if you could talk reallydamnfastandjustwontstopjustlikeyourpostinghabits.

14. k0gepan

k0gepan New Member

This is such a good idea, I'm thinkin a few ppl will want to be in on it. I'll be in it, if ya want me. If there's too many ppl already then I'll just do cameo's. ^^ I is cool wit dat. But, really, I think it'd be hilarious. Plus we get zee irish accents, and we all know how much I love those. (there was no sarcasm in the last comment) Plus, it'll give Neph a chance to show off his many many MANY zany accents. I think your talent must be recognized darling. (hehe...yeah, called ya darlin')

15. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

:shy3:

Anyway, yes, I reserved a spot for ya at the beginning cuz I had a hunch you'd simply LUFF it.

16. Athena

I'm so excited!!! I can't wait to get a script!!!

17. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Do you think that we should just run a mini RPG in the forum first and then transform it into a radio play, it'd be easier than one person making the script because our lines in the play would be our own (like our own character, sentence structuring (hehe, l337))

18. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Actually I never thought one person should write the script. As is stated in the thread, I thought we could get together in a chat (or do this via email) and write up the script. Also, we need to decide *what* we're doing first.

Why? For one, chats move much faster. Spontenaity is good as well. Two, the other members wouldn't know whats coming, thus keeping it a nice surprise for them.

Anyway, what does everyone else think?

19. Athena

I think we should stay and do this in here and maybe come up with an outline onto what should happen that way things aren't specific and we can still surprise each other. What you all think?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.