Mai-HiME Mai Otome

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Vatina, Sep 24, 2005.

1. Vatina

Vatina New Member

The next season of Mai Hime will be airing next month, the 6th October! ^_^ I can't wait, it looks really interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing Natsuki and Shizuru again :p

A little info:

Mai Otome is an alternative story, which means that it has nothing to with Mai Hime, except for some of the characters and concepts.
    The main character is Arika, who wants to be an Otome, a kind of bodyguard for important people. Otome's are trained at an academy called 'Garderobe'.

1 person likes this.
  2. Badluck

Badluck New Member

I'm excited too! ^ ^
    I'm happy that Natsuki, Shizuru, and Nagi are back.

3. Vatina

Vatina New Member

Yeah, his looks awesome:

[​IMG]

Shizuru is one of my fav's ^_^

4. Vatina

Vatina New Member

(sorry about the double-post ^^;)

Just saw the first episode of Mai otome! Anyone else seen it? Even though it is hard to say something from just one episode, I think it looked cool. This could get really good later on, I'm hoping it will live up to Mai Hime :)

I didn't like the OP-theme very well though, seemed rather dull.

5. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Well, personally I thought it was a bit painful to watch the re-using of character.. 'design'. I'm sure I could get used to it, though I found it disturbing. The story seems interesting but I couldn't help but chuckle at some parts. Hopefully it will get better, but I really don't think it will be close to as good as Mai HiME.

6. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

So far i've been enjoying the series, it seems to have the same sense of humor as the original, and i find myself once again being consumed by the need to see the next episode to find out what happens next, which seems to be a standard for these shows.

I do have to agree with Ciel that they may have been wrong to use the original characters again, since this appears to take place in a different universe from the original show, i think it was kinda wrong and weird to see lot of the original characters rebuilt into somebody else. Although i have started to get used to it, i think it would have been better to make more new characters for this.

7. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

It's interesting, I finished watching episode 10, I still find it eerie the use of characters and a bit of same story, but now, since I've watched more, it makes the anime more interesting. I can't wait to see Mai, see Natsuki in action... but I like this story more because of Arika.

I don't think I'd like it as much if I hadn't seen Mai HiME, and it's interesting because of all the similarities but diffrences.

I wish the whole anime was out so I didn't have to wait.

8. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

I can see that this story is (in a way) following the last one, in that it starts off nice and funny but it begins to turn dark and sinister as we head towards the final climax of the story, however i personally find this story to be a bit more subtile when it comes to becoming darker. The Mai-Hime storyline had a lot more shock value. I stilll like the current story however, i just wouldn't like to see this happening again if they were to make another Mai series.

9. ChiemiChan

ChiemiChan New Member

The series are supposed to be like that, it brings in the people and it's actually a pretty good idea, because although it may be the same, it's good in the way that it goes through the normal writing procedure. It's small in the beginning and then it reaches the climax, it's all good when it comes to both series. It's my opinion about it but that's what I think -^^-;

10. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Ending

Nothing really spoilerific will be said, other than that I cried at one point lol.. or something was in my eye haha! anyways, Miss Maria was so cool, and Akane's outfit was so kawaii! The last two episodes really summed up the show and ended it well. Arika looked very graceful as well.

Now, are they decendants of Alyssa Sears? That was the only thing that wasn't really explained, you knwo the glowing blonde hair and all..

11. Vatina

Vatina New Member

I'm so slow, but here I am again ^^; Yeah I thought Miss Maria was really cool in the end too xD Too bad we didn't see more action from her :p

It sounded that way. And what about that other girl that was introduced near the end, where Miyu said she was a decendant as well? I'm really curious about that...

1 person likes this.
  12. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I need to spend time and watch Mai HiME and Mai Otome all over again and make notes. I was talking to a friend who watched them both as well and we discussed the multitude of connections between both series. I hope to make a thread in the future about it..